Status: .....................................................................................................................................................................................

Just Breathe

Lacey & Katie

My life has always been average. I have the normal family my parents ground me, I argue with my older brother, Andy, I hang out with my best friend Katie all the time, boys have broke my heart, good grades in school, and I love to party.

That’s how my life is if you ask me, but if you asked Katie, it’s another story. She says I’m the girl every guy loves, I act crazy, I’m weird for not liking kids, but yet we are going to be counselors at a kids camp, I have random moments, I space off, I’m not average.

Katie to me is the one who isn’t average, she can’t date a guy for long, she has a weird sense of humor, her style can be out there, she is super smart and doesn’t even try, and she has the best gay-dar.

We are complete opposites look wise. I have the blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, and square shaped face. Katie is a brunette; brown eyed, and short, with an oval shaped face. Our differences are what bring us together though; it makes us see our defects in life. Plus it always seems to give us a nice healthy argument.

It’s our summer vacation right before our big senior year in high school. We got jobs together at a kid’s camp because we’ve worked there before and it’s like the easiest job you could ever have. Usually a few of our other friends work with us, but this year they changed plans on us. So, here we are now in my room wondering who the hell we will have to work with for the three weeks.

“UGH! It just bothers me so much knowing that we are probably going to be stuck with the biggest losers, for work!” I complain as I throw myself on my bed.

“Well all we can do is hope for the best, I guess.” Katie always has to try to make it better, but this time epic fail. “At least we know Greg is going to be there!”

“Oh, that is so great! Greg, the most awkward person I have ever met! He is so weird to be around Kate!”

We both met Greg a few years back at camp. He is now twenty and goes to college. He used to have this crazy white kid afro, which thank god he shaved off! He is actually funny once you get him to open up a little. He tends to chill off to the side. Greg is Just Greg, it’s hard to explain. He is different? He chills with younger people, drinks, curses, tends to scare some kids, weird sense of humor, doesn’t like the kids either. Now I just made him sound really weird, well because I don’t know how to describe him, I’ll have to get back to you on that difficult description.

I like him better than our boss Patty. Patty is like probably mid-fifties, when she laughs it sounds like a broken pipe, she can get very bitchy, she is all over the place, she is random to say the least, and she is always late to camp.

Oh yeah by the way, the camp is held in an all purpose room off of the public library. The kids don’t really love or hate me, which I’m glad so then there are no clingy kids, that’s more Katie. Another good thing is the fact that it’s only from 9 to 12, easy cash. There is a swing set outside of the camp and plenty of space for the kids to run around. Inside has tables set up with the plastic chairs, there a fridge and sink, and a very tiny closet that can get very awkward when someone else walks in, but now I’m rambling so I’ll stop.

“Well, I don’t know! At least we have jobs, just pray for some hot guys, even though that will
never happen.” And now Katie starts to finally make it better by getting me to laugh. So unrealistic, we live in a small New Jersey town, with .729% of guys being hot.

“Well, if you think cute guys will be there let’s get our butts to the mall to shop!” I say still laughing at the ridiculous thought of a hot guy at camp. I always have to rummage for an excuse to shop anyways!

“Definitely in, my car or yours?” We decided to go my Jeep and head off to the mall. We actually made some good purchases out of our trip for the non-existing hot guys out there.
But hey that’s just me being pessimistic.

Only time can tell who will be waiting at the camp with those tiny little devils, they call kids. Ridiculous!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah it sucks, first chapter! But I promise it will gt longer and better! So comment and subscribe!