Status: .....................................................................................................................................................................................

Just Breathe

Boardwalk?

I walk in the house half expecting Jack to be in the same spot I left him in, the couch. I walk into the living room, no Jack. I walk into the kitchen, still no Jack. I walk upstairs and go to the first door on my right, Jack's room. I open the door slowly and peak my head in. What a surprise, he is sleeping on his bed with his hair all messed up, but in a cute way. I walk over to his bed before straddling his body. I lower my lips to his ear and whisper to him, "Jack, wake up." No such luck of course. So, I move on to plan B. I lightly kiss his neck up and down and that is when I feel him start to stir.

"Lacey?" He asks first confused, but when he opens his eyes he smirks at the position we are in.

"Yep, it's me. So, you know tonight we have to whole house to ourselves?" I say.

"Hmm, well I think I have some ideas of that we could do."

"And what exactly would that be?" I say already knowing what he is thinking of a Jack and Lacey date night.

"A Jack and Lacey date night. I can't even remember the last time we had one." He says.

A Jack and Lacey date night usually involved us watching Silent Hill, which was our first movie date, then we order pizza, go get ice-cream, and then have a different kind of dessert if you know what I mean.

"Sounds perfect to me." I said back with a smile. I swiftly removed by body off the bed and went downstairs to find the movie. I handed it to Jack to put in and do all the shit to get it ready just because I still don't know how. I take a seat on the couch and a minute later Jack is right next to me, holding me in his arms as we watch Silent Hill. Which, by the way is one of the stupidest movies, or maybe that is just because I have seen it thousands of times. Half way through the movie I feel my phone vibrate. I slid it open to see it reading Katie's name.
"I'll be back in a minute, just going to the bathroom." I tell Jack sliding out of his arms and heading to the bathroom, to see what Katie wants.

Katie-ABORT MISSION DATE JACK!

As I read the message, I think what the hell. We agreed for me that Jack is the better option right now. I quickly call Katie to see what's up.

"Okay Lace, I know you probably are confused, but you have to hear this." Katie tells me when she answers the phone.

"Okay."

"So, I am at Shaun's and we are just talking and I told him how you decided to date Jack again and he goes and tells me Connor is going to ask you out tonight!"

"Shit! What the hell am I going to do?"

"I don't know because I asked Shaun if Connor really likes you and he says that Connor told him would commit to a relationship if you wanted to."

"Of course now this happens! That changes like everything Katie!"

"I know Lace. So, he is going to call you apparently any moment now and ask you to go to the boardwalk tonight with him!"

"Well, what do you think I should do."

"Now, as bad as this sounds, I think you need to leave my brother and get ready for a date. Now, before you say anything hear me out. Just go on the date with Connor and test the water out. See, how it goes. Tell Jack you don't feel well so you want to just go home. Now, I know you'll feel bad for ditching Jack, but come on we all know how desperate he is for you. So, if it doesn't work out with Connor he will gladly accept you back."

"I don't know about this Katie." I say skeptically.

"I know, but think about it this way. If you don't take this chance, it will make it awkward at camp. Now, can you imagine how painfully awkward that would be? If it doesn't work out agree to be friends and it wont be as awkward." Katie begs me.

"Fine, but I don't want to hear you complaining if things workout with Connor, how sad and depressed Jack is at home." I say causing Katie to cheer at her sign of victory.

"It won't be bad I promise! Now, go break the news to my brother and go get sexy looking for Connor!" She says all ecstatic.

"Will do." I say half happy because I have a date with Connor, but yet half sad because I have to break the news to Jack I'm leaving. We quickly say goodbye and I walk out of the bathroom holding my stomach and put on a sick face. When, Jack sees me enter the room, he immediately asks what's wrong.

"Hey, Jack. I really don't feel well. I'm sorry, but I think I just need to go home. Can you drive me?" I ask him in a quiet voice. He nods his head yes as he turns off the TV. I can see his face drop as I told him I wanted to go home. I grabbed my back from the living room as he got his car keys and we headed out the door.

"Hey, cheer up, I'll give you a rain check for our Jack and Lacey date, I promise." I say as we get into the car.

"And I will have to keep you to your promise." He says to me right back. The rest of the car ride we are silent. When we get to my house, right before I get out, he asks me, "Are you sure your okay to stay home by yourself?" I nod yes without saying anything because if I do I will probably just stay with him and skip out on Connor. I get out of the car and head inside and with perfect timing my phone starts playing Teenage Dream. I quickly answer it knowing it's Connor.

"Hey! What's up?" I say in a cheerful voice noticing my mood just flipped around.

"Hey. Well I have an answer for you." Connor tells me in his smooth voice.

"I'm confused. An answer to what?"

"Well, you asked me if I liked you, and my answer is yes. So, I was wondering if you are free tonight would you maybe want to go to the boardwalk with me around seven?" He sounded kind of nervous which I thought was cute.

"Of course, it would be my pleasure." I respond with a smile on my face.

"Good. Well, I'll pick you up at seven, your place?"

"Yep, sounds perfect. Can't wait."

"Me either." He said before hanging up the phone.

I skipped up to my bedroom and went straight to the closet to pick out my outfit for tonight. I noticed somewhere during the day it was getting windy out, so I went for a hoodie and shorts. Once, I got that picked out I hopped in the shower to wash my hair. After, that I blow dried my hair, put my outfit on, and applied light makeup. all before heading down stairs.

I had a lot of time before Connor was due to be at my house, so I sat down and watched MTV for a while. I noticed I was fidgeting in my chair as the clock inched closer and closer to seven. I pulled out my laptop to update my facebook status, but that didn't help much as a distraction. After, going through numerous boring activities to calm my nerves down, they finally did. Well, that was until I heard my doorbell ring and then they all came back. Oh boy what was I getting myself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay i know really short, but it was another filler, well the next one won't be! Okay, so I just realized I lost a subscriber, why I don't know. But, haha sorry I tricked some people into thinking she would be spending the night with Jack. Sorry! Well, don't worry he will make his way into this story more. I'll post the outfit next chapter. That update, well I don't know when that will come, comment to modivate me?