Status: .....................................................................................................................................................................................

Just Breathe

The Plan

Sundays, ugh I hate Sundays they are always so freaking boring. So, that's why I'm stuck in my room with my laptop on my lap, thinking of things to Google. I type in "Katie Anderson", no I'm not weird, admit it, you've googled your best friends name before. Typical Twitter, Facebook, and old Myspace page all pop up along with our track records, but what catches my attention is the city page link. So, what else to do except check it out?

" Holy Mother Fucker." I blink a couple times to make sure what I'm seeing is legit. And sure enough it is, which sends my heartbeat speeding. I grab my flip flops and keys and head out of my room into the garage. This is major news, which can only be told in person. I back out in my flame red Jeep, on to the street with a thud due to my speed. I race to the oh so familiar house, that I have been to too many times late in the night. As I park my car, I see Mr. Anderson out side unloading the groceries. Even though the major news can't wait, the better half of my helps him out.

"Thanks, Laney Jane." He always has to use my middle name when he addresses me, for a reason I'll never know. I walk right in and plop the bags on the kitchen counter while I attempt to go into Katie's room, which turns out an epic fail.

"Umph!" Comes out of my mouth as I fall on the floor right on top of Katie's twin brother Jack.

"Get a room!" Is all I hear as Jack smirks at our position.

"Shut up Chris!" I yell recognizing the voice. I guess I should tell you who Chris is, well Chris is Katie and Jack's brother, but they have two more Jude and Matt. Katie and Jack are the youngest ones then its Chris, Matt, and Jude being the oldest. I slowly get off of Jack, but it's weird because our bodies are like sticking together. I walk into Katie's room but she's not in there which is weird. I turn around to see Jack leaning on the door frame.

"She's not here, she went to go return something at Pac Sun." Jack states in a matter of fact tone. I sit on the bed feeling the tension between us. Jack approaches the bed slowly and sits down next to me, but keeps a safe distance between us.

"Look, Lacey, I know things never really went well between us, but when it did, it felt right and well I want to try again, not just hook ups either. Though I wouldn't mind that." He said with a chuckle at the end. You probably have no idea what's going on, so I'll tell you.

Me and Katie were best friends ever since pre-school, meaning I was also friends with Jack. Once we got older we started to have feelings for each other starting sophomore year. We dated, but it was more hooking up instead of going on dates. So, one day I told him I couldn't do it. I had to date other people, but yet every time I came over and no one was home, but Jack, well one thing would lead to another. I'm not a slut, I did, I mean I still do have feelings for him, but I never think it could turn into a normal relationship for us. So, every time I say, I can't. But this time was different, here he was so close to me, but yet so far away.

He looked so sad in his eyes, you could tell he hasn't got much sleep, and Katie did tell me its been hard for him lately, but no one actually knows why. At that moment I felt so helpless, I wanted to make him feel better, I wanted to be the one to make him happy again, but I couldn't, I had to move one, but I still did what I knew was wrong. I had leaned in to kiss him, my hand around his neck. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, just as soon as our lips were about to meet Katie had walked in the room. We probably wouldn't notice it if it weren't for her loud gasp. We immediately jump ten feet away.

"Um, yeah sorry Laney I got to go, you know?" Jack rambles searching for an excuse to leave the room. Katie shuts the door as soon as he is out of the room. I cover my face with my hands knowing a lecture I'm about to get, but before that I realize what I came here to do.

"KATIE! YOU ARE GOING TO DIE WHEN I TELL YOU WHO IS WORKING AT THE CAMP!"

"Who?" She gives me a look like I'm crazy. Psh, yeah right she already should know that.

"ONLY THE HOTTEST GUYS IN TOWN CONNOR AND SHAUN!"
I didn't even need to say their last names because they are so popularly known. I hear a squeal come from Katie.

"HOLY SHIT FAGGOT!" She freaks, which quite frankly scared me because that wasn't the reaction I was hoping for.

"What?"

"What the hell am I supposed to wear?"
I knew this was a very serious question considering there are hott guys in the mix, but I laughed because this was what her flip out was about.

"Katie we went to the mall the other day, I'm sure you can use one of those outfits."

"True dat sista" Ignore her trying to act black it's an inside joke.

"Laceyyyy..." When she said my name like this it meant she had an idea and her ideas scared me.

"Katieeeeee."

"I have a plan."

"Which would be?"

"Okay well here we go.."

I listened to Katie for a good hour going on this plan about how I am going to start dating Connor before the three weeks are up, while she will do the same with Shaun. It was a little crazy. Okay, who am I kidding, it's insane, but she's my best friend so I'm going with it. We specialized in the crazy, so it didn't sound that bad to me. The only thing that would get in my way was the unknown fact to Katie and me that Jack heard it all. He wasn't going to let it happen if he had his way.

After talking about the plan some more I wasn't going to let anything get in my way either. We only knew them one because they are the most popular guys and two because we have made small talk like really small talk with them since they are on the track team and so are we. So, we weren't sure if they knew exactly who we ware, but by the end of July, they defiantly will.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah bad again, but hey next chapter camp starts and I will blow through those chapters! Comment subscribe!
Lacey's outfit
Katie's outfit