Status: .....................................................................................................................................................................................

Just Breathe

Katie's Date

Katie’s P.O.V.

I looked at the clock. It was 6:55. I had major butterflies in my stomach. Shaun and I are going out on our first date. I walked downstairs and applied my lip gloss in the mirror that is next to the door. Did I look ok? Was I dressed right? Why was I so nervous? I was never like this before a date. Cue the doorbell. Oh gosh. I fluffed my hair one last time and then opened the door.

“Wow. You look incredible.” He said, checking my outfit up and down. I smiled.

“I could say the same to you. You are looking very handsome tonight.” I smiled. “Let me just grab this.” I said, grabbing my clutch. “And we are out.” I pulled the door behind me. Shaun and I walked to his car and he opened the door for me. “Thank you.” I said, ducking in. I watched him walk around the car. I can’t believe I am about to go out with Shaun right now.

“You ready?” He said buckling his seat belt. I nodded. “I don’t what kind of music you’re into, so I tried to guess. Pardon me if it is an epic fail.” He said with a chuckle and then popped in a cd.

“You are good.” I laughed. “I love this song.” I said, beginning to sing the lyrics to Neon Trees-Animal. He smiled.

“You seemed like an alternative sort of girl.” We spent the rest of the car ride singing the amazing songs that he put on the cd; songs ranging from Arctic Monkeys-Crying Lightning to The Kooks-Seaside to Phoenix-1901. I was having an amazing time. After a little while we pulled up into a parking spot. Simply Fondue.

“I hope you like fondue.” He smiled.

“Like…love.” I laughed. We went inside and Shaun had made a reservation and everything. It was official. It sort of always bothered me that Simply Fondue didn’t have very bright lighting and that the deep red walls didn’t really help that situation, but now that I was out on an actual date here, it seemed, I don’t know, romantic? We sat down and there was already food at the table. Wow. He really stepped up.

“I played the guessing game again. I didn’t think you were one to do the cheese fondue and you are a pretty major athlete so I went with steak. How am I doing?”

“You are four for four overall tonight. You seem to know me better than I know my own self.” I said with a laugh.

“Yeah, I also know you are a bit clumsy so please be careful.” He said with mock seriousness before showing off his gorgeous smile. “So tell me more about you. How many siblings do you have?”

“I have four. I have a twin brother, Jack, you probably know him, he is on the track team too, and three other older brothers, Chris, Matt, and Jude. What about you?”

“I have one older brother Ryan. Pets?”

“Currently one kitten, Abigail, who is the most adorable thing, but I kind of want to get a dog.”

“I would love to get a dog. Or any pet for that matter.” He said with a chuckle and I smiled. “I can’t help but compliment you on your marvelous smile.”

We enjoyed our amazing dinner while getting to know each other and laughing major amounts. Amounts of laughter that should be illegal. I learned things about Shaun that I would have never guessed about him, like that he likes fried pickles and that ice cream has come out of his nose before. I loved that he trusted me with these stories. And if I hadn’t already completely fallen for him with just dinner, the chocolate came.

“If I drool, I am sorry.” I said when they put the chocolate on the table.

“Make that two of us.”

We practically devoured every ounce of chocolate in the pot.

“I swear I just had a food-gasm.” I said putting my fondue stick down.

“That hit the spot beyond belief.” He said, putting down his.

“Can I get you two anything else?” The waiter said.

“A glass of milk, please.” Shaun and I said in sync. That caused more laughter.

Once were done with our dairy beverage we went back out to Shaun’s car.

“Look at the moon.” I said, admiring its beauty. “It’s so pretty.”

“Not in comparison to you.” He said with a smile that admitted he knew it was corny.

“Why are all the corny lines so cute?” I said, grabbing his hand.

On the way home we didn’t listen to music, we didn’t talk, we didn’t laugh. We sat in silence. But it was that comforting silence. When you know that nothing is wrong, that everything is perfect, that silence that you can sit in happily just because you are with the exact person you want to be with. It was almost not enough time together by the time we got back to my house.

“Shaun, that was absolutely amazing.” I said as we walk hand in hand to my door step.

“I am glad you had a good time.” He smiled.

“Good? Great. Amazing. Fantastic. Wonderful… Perfect.” I said, looking at him with a smile at the last word. Cue the movie scene ending. Right there on my doorstep, we shared a kiss. Our first kiss. Under only the moonlight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't write this chapter. I don't write anything Katie that is all Roxybubble. Check her out. Comment Subscribe
Katie's date outfit