Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 15

We walked quickly and silently through the thin woodland that surrounded the old factory. Having left the cars behind at the city outskirts, we had walked in silence for the rest of the journey, hoping this will help give us the element of surprise.

The bats were flitting about, squeaking now and then to relay their findings to the vampires. Myself and Arnold had no idea what the flying rodents were saying but if anything bad was happening I would have felt it from within the Master.

Lucius, who was leading us, had torn down any barriers he had out up around himself and allowed the bond to send every thought and every feeling to me. So far all I could feel was anxiety, for Ella safety and getting everyone in and out in one piece, and a tenseness I could not see on his stern features and I was certain my own chaotic emotions were not helping him keep calm either yet he managed it. Although I swear he smirked at me when we got out of the car and I knew why. I was mesmerised with the lights and the buildings of the city we had travelled through and now entranced by the woodland we were slinking through. I couldn’t help it. I had been trapped in that house for years and never allowed to leave its grounds just like every other slave there. Only once had I left when we travelled it inland Europe in search of the last Sinclair member, Eva, for reasons I have now grown to loathe.

I glanced down at my black silk covered leg. The mark was still active and I still had no access to my Matter. But it will happen soon and once again I will be able to hunt like I used to alongside my sisters in my early years.

Suddenly the trees faded when we came to the edge of the woodland and an old rusted and decrepit building loomed ahead with an almost full moon hovering over it.

Lucius approached me and leaned near my ear. Having him so close made my face heat up and I suddenly became nervous. I tried to step away from him but his hand quickly slunk out and gripped my waist keeping me still making my embarrassment worse, although it didn’t stop me from giving him a withering glare.

“We will go from the front a do a sweep of the west side of the building. You go round the back and search the east but you wait here until I tell you you can move. Three vampires will be on the roof after we take out the werewolves.” He said smiling.

I nodded once, still glaring. My eyes suddenly widened in horror and my cheeks inflamed when I felt his hand leave my waist and slip in between my legs to rest on my inner thigh. If my brain had not quickly worked out what he was doing I would have socked him one there and then. However I still scowled at him with venom as he worked, becoming more irritated with the smile tugging at his mouth. And then I felt it, the ward slowly unlocking. And then the Matter was there. The feeling of strength inside me I had lost when I was fourteen and it was far stronger than I remembered.

I had not realised my eyes had closed from the familiar warmth inside me until the master spoke to me again.

“We will leave now.” He said. I smiled at him, completely forgetting that I wanted to murder him a moment ago from the freedom he had given me, no matter how brief it was. It was then that I felt a strange tug in my mind, through the link, as if a deep worry, almost fear, had gripped the master. I then noticed he was frowning. “Be safe Susan. Do not let anything happen to you.”

I nodded, confused. “I will be fine. It is the werewolves you should be concerned about.”

He nodded hesitantly and gave me one long dark look before he stepped away from me and left with his group. It was only then that I realised that he had not moved his hand from my inner-thigh after releasing the ward which made my anger return quickly. I was going to hit him very very hard once we got home.

I turned my infuriated eyes to my small troop and was disappointed to see only two of the vampires who came with us was still with me. They were young but both one of the old ones in the house, both less than one hundred years. I remembered their faces vaguely, one whose face I could put a name to, Luca, while the other seemed to allude me. I was annoyed that I was stuck with the currently weak Alphonse and elderly butler yet this group was apparently as tough as ten strong vampires and the Master. It made my head hurt just trying to understand how.

As what the master ordered, we waited for the sign to say we could enter. It was not long. The werewolves at the top were taken down, necks broken or rendered unconscious, by the Master. Any blood spilt now would alert the werewolves to their presence.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard the Master’s voice.

'You can go,' he said gently.

It was so close I thought he was right beside me until my brain realised the voice was in my head. It seemed the master knew more about how to use the bond than I did.

Indicating for my odd troop to follow, I slunk towards the back entrance of the dying building, sticking to the shadows. With no lights on it was easy to stay hidden in the shadows but I was still wary. Werewolves, like vampires, had extremely good eyesight during the night and I could not tell whether one was watching or not.

After reaching the door, a poor rotting wooden thing hanging off such rusted hinges it might as well been threads, I quickly slipped inside. Summoning her Matter into her senses, something that sent a shiver of pleasure down my spine, I could now see my surroundings clearly having left the moon’s rays and glanced about.

It was a dump site. Over turned tables, broken chairs and paper littered the room I had entered. But there was no sign of any werewolves. I indicated for the men behind her to follow.

The sweep of the east wing did not take long. We quickly checked the two levels above them, quickly glancing about for any signs of life but the same ghost like feeling met us with every gloom filled room. There were no signs of life. The place was truly abandoned. And this worried me. There should be movement from other wolves within the building yet there were none and the bats reported that this was their lair. I chewed my lip thoughtfully. Maybe this was an outpost just taken for themselves recently, a place to use as a base and nothing more.

We slowly and very carefully made our way back down the iron flights of stairs. I kept one of my guns out, ready for anything. This lack of werewolves business was starting to make me twitchy. And I wasn’t the only one. The irritating man at the other end of the bond was becoming increasingly disturbed.

I jumped slightly when Arnold voice whispered from behind me, the first person to speak ever since our little mission started.

“Your suit Susan, how does it fit you so well? Surely your mother was a different size to you?” His tone was filled with curiosity, as if he had been holding this question back for a while.

“These suits are special. They fit any woman who carries my family’s blood.” I said quickly in an exasperated tone.

“And this silk is supposed to protect your from the werewolves claws?”

“I can strengthen it with Matter now be silent Arnold. We cannot give our positions away.” I hissed.

Arnold smiled and nodded, dutifully obeying and falling silent. No one spoke again as we descended to the lower floor of the east wing. Again I was the first to enter and observe the surroundings of the hallway. It was empty bar the normal chaotic mess of abandonment.

I quickly began to walk down the stuffy hallway with my troop in tow. One by one we checked the room. Nothing. No werewolves. No Ella. But they were here somewhere. Unless the werewolves on the roof were some sort of decoy or test. Anxiously I squeezed my gun tightly. I hoped they weren’t.

Alphonse suddenly became tense from his place beside me. His head snapped to attention and he stared into the dark gloom before us.

I waited for a moment for him to speak, noticing that he was tilting his head this way and that, listening.

“What is it young master? What can you hear?” I whispered urgently.

Alphonse glanced at me. “I can hear breathing and muffled whining.”

Luca and Will, Arnold kindly informed me of his name when I called him ‘lackey no. 1’, mimicked Alphonse’s actions then glanced at each other.

“Sounds human.” Luca muttered.

“Can you tell from which room?”

“One further down.” Luca said, waving a hand out in a vague indication. “Listen and you will hear it.”

Having myself and Luca in front followed by Arnold and Alphonse then Will taking the read, we edged our way down towards the door. The door that Luca indicated to was the one in the best condition. We placed each other one both sides, keeping the others out of harms way, and then, after one nod of agreement I gripped the door handle and flung open the door. My gun was instantly pointing at random with my eyes darting about. But yet again, there were no werewolves. However there was Ella.

My heart was torn with elation and anger when I saw her, my young charge tied up with rope and gagged, lying on the floor utterly helpless though apparently unharmed. Luca at first tried to get close to her but was forced to the side when Alphonse strode in, hiding his wounds well.

He ripped the ropes and cloth away and rapidly kissed her tear stained face then draw her close into his arms. I let them have a moment, circling them and getting more nervous.

Where the hell where they?

And then Ella began to speak, so thick her voice was with fear and relief it was hard to understand her but she forced out her words well.

“It’s a trap Susan.” She said gulping heavily.

I looked at her sharply, my blood starting to go cold.

“Where are they?” I asked as calmly as I could.

“Where ever the Master is. They’re going to kill him Susan.” She wailed.

My world froze from those words and instantly I tried to reach out to him mentally. At first he welcomed me with warm surprised joy then I felt a sharp shred of pain and explosion of anger from the Master.

And then the bond was blocked.