Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 17

For a while I was in darkness as my senses were scrambled and my awareness not really being aware anymore. After a while I began to feel pain, a burning, skin tearing pain that ripped through my body. This quickly passed as I fell back into the darkness which I welcomed with tear filled eyes.

Nothing happened for what felt like years. There was a vague sensation of a hand touching my face or my own small hand, the only senses I had outside of this dark world. Sometimes I had the feeling of something cool being dribbled into my mouth. Numbly I recognised this as water and let my mouth automatically drink to quench my thirst which always seemed to be far more noticeable whenever I drank.

Suddenly I was awake and very much aware with a working mind. I stared at the ceiling above me, blinking heavily until my focus settled. I knew the room was dark, it had that night tainted look, however I was confused that I could see so well. The seal was back in place as the familiar throb of it working on my and the Matter was now nowhere to be felt within me. And yet I could see the strange swirling pattern of paint far above me and far more clearly than I ever could before when I had daylight to help me see.

My confusion momentarily flared when I tried to work out how I got here and why I was in bed. Maybe the Master had drunk too much but I doubted that. Then my memories sprang to life in one big unravelling bundle.

In one smooth motion and sat up and tore at the night dress that I had been dressed in. I pulled the neck down and examined my chest with scrutiny. There was no hole, no scar, no scratch. With growing confusion and prodded the smooth flesh that covered my chest in earnest, trying to find some sign of the gun wound. There was still nothing.

This wasn’t right. For starters I should be dead. I felt the cold hands of the afterlife holding me tightly, pulling me in. I remembered that vividly. However I was here, within the mansion I assumed, alive and, against all odds, unharmed. What the hell happened after I fell unconscious?

I sighed heavily then stiffened with shock when I felt something. It was an odd feeling, like every hair on my body felt the approach of life coming down the hallway beyond the door. I watched the oak door with distrust as the feeling grew stronger which was slowly followed by a strange thumping sound that thrummed in the air. It took me a moment to recognise the sound. It was the beating of a heart.

The door was swung open and a young maid walked in with sheets and clothes in her small arms. She was unaware of my hostile stare as she was concentrating on closing the door. However she gave a small squeaky cry and dropped the linen when her pale eyes were caught by mine. At first she stood there frozen before she flapped her hands and fled the room.

I grunted before I glanced at the linen now spread unceremoniously on the floor. Quietly and smoothly I slipped out of the bed. The strength my body had momentarily surprise me. For someone who had just been on the brink of death I most certainly was not showing it. I walked around the bed and approached the white clothes and sheets, crouching before them and then set to work folding them slowly. I was just doing it automatically until I spotted the dress that was among the bed sheets. It was simple and long, much like the one I was wearing currently. Which stank of sweat by the way. It then clicked that the girl was intending to change me. Well not that I liked people seeing me naked, at least they were keeping me clean and in fresh clothes, all under the supervision of a woman and not a man.

I picked up the linen and placed the folded sheets on the bed before I hooked my fingers around the straps of my current nightdress and allowed it to fall the floor. I didn’t waste any time to get dressed in the clean one and tugged my greasy hair from its collar. I vaguely twisted my brown hair in between my fingers and mentally noted that a shower would be a good at some point but it could wait. First I wanted some answers to my miraculous recover and intense hearing and eyesight.

I did not have to wait long before the feeling of life came plodding down the hallway again. This time it was an aura I recognised instantly. A burst of butterflies began to go on a rampage in my stomach and my heart sped up as the aura grew closer and then the door was flung open with the Master striding through quickly.

Unlike me, Lucius was covered in healing wounds; some I knew were quite bad beneath his shirt from what I remembered of the battle against the wolves. The claw marks on his face were now thin ragged white lines. Werewolf wounds take a little time to heal but not too long. With the state he was in I assumed only three maybe four days had past since the rescuing of Ella. But despite the grievous wounds on his body the Master held himself with as much pride as he always did, standing tall with strength and power illuminating from him. And anger I might add. The Master was not impressed. And neither was I to be honest.

“What did you do to me?” I snarled, stepping back in a low offensive position. “How am I still alive?”

“I might as well ask why the hell you put yourself in a position that resulted in you being fatally wounded.” He growled back, his eyes growing darker as every second past.

“Because you needed my help! If I was not there not only would you have died but also the three vampires that were left standing in the end!” I yelled. I ignored him when he snapped his strong teeth together in frustration and carried on. “I was shot in the chest, right here.” I jabbed a finger where the gaping whole should be. “I was shot by a witch gun and even I could not have survived being wounded by Matter. So would you please explain how the hell I am still alive?!”

The Master fell silent although his rage continued to grow. Instead of replying in words, an animalistic growl began to rumble from his chest, baring his fangs at me in protest to the question. He did not like what I was asking because he knew it would upset me. It was at that moment that everything seemed to fall into place and I flew into a rage a second later.

“You turned me?” I screamed. “You made me into a friggin’ Black blood! Lucius, you bastard!”

“I had no choice!” He roared back at me with equal ferocity.

“You did have a choice. You could’ve let me die!” I snapped.

The new wave of rage that suddenly flooded from the Master forced the gates of the tightly guarded bond to open. The amount of anger, sadness and fear that was swirling about in his mind made me stagger slightly. The Master reacted quickly and stepped forward, firmly gripping my shoulders to keep me standing straight. Once my mind had recovered from the shock of the emotional turmoil and tried to pull away however the Master had other ideas. His grip tightened and he pulled me against his chest. His arms wrapped themselves tightly around me and one hand gripped my grease filled hair, which for some odd reason instantly made me wish I had actually had a shower before he came.

Growing hotter and more breathless in his prison, I struggled hard to get free but it only caused him to grip me tighter, pressing me closely against his firm body. It seemed even as a vampire I was still weaker than the Master. An unwilling shiver went through my body when I felt him bury his face in the crook of my neck.

“You are my lifeline. If you die, I die too.” He murmured.

I swallowed dryly and with much difficulty. My mind however could grasp what the Master had said with some effort and mentally I acknowledged what it meant. Without my blood the Master would lose his sanity and to be honest that would far worse than death. I could understand why he would fear losing me, his only lifeline. It was practically my fault for insisting that he drink my blood all those years ago, refusing to watch him die by someone else’s hand. In a way, he had done exactly the same as what I had done to him. Although being a Black blood vampire was not particularly appealing even if I did now sympathise with him. Black blood’s could only be created by Blue bloods and if they did not drink the blood of their creator every month they would spiral into insanity and become what the witches hunted, a Parasite. However, now that I thought about it, as I was now a vampire was I even a witch anymore? That thought scared me. If I lost the one thing that I could identify myself with and relate to my lost family, I wouldn’t know what to do.

I could feel the tenseness in the master’s body fade gently, becoming less rigid. His emotions were less chaotic and far calmer as he felt my own and my thoughts. Silently we calmed each other, accepted what has now happened and that we are now more entwined with each other than any other living thing in this world. And it was all because of the fact we needed each other’s blood to survive and stay sane.

Gently I sighed against his neck which was replied with a playful growl.

“So now we are very reliant on each other.” I grumbled, ignoring his growl.

The master laughed gently. “Just be glad you won’t be addicted to my blood. Feeding from me is just a necessity.”

I grunted and wrinkled my nose with distaste. “Either way I am not going to enjoy it.”

He nuzzled my neck and nipped my skin with his teeth which made my face rapidly grow hot again and want to hit him. “We shall see.” He said.

I glared in frustration at his loose dark hair. “You can let me go now. I won’t lash out at you.” I snapped, getting annoyed more at myself at my embarrassing reactions to the master.

Almost reluctantly he let go and allowed me to step away from him. I rubbed my arms fervently at the coldness that suddenly wrapped itself around me now the Master had let me go and tried my hardest to ignore the dark, mind melting stare he was giving me.

To get away from him I whirled around and walked purposely to the on suite bathroom which I had noticed earlier. I paused at them doorway to glare at him.

“Leave me now. I want to bathe and if I sense that you are still here later I will rip your throat out.” I snarled then slammed the door, ignoring the laugh that caused my heart to flutter.

After violently turning the taps to let the water run, I slumped on the cool tiled floor and squashed my eyes with the heels of my palms.

Things were not so good now. There was the question of whether or not I was a witch anymore, something that I clung to mentally, and what my place was within the house. And there was the sudden realisation that hit me.

I was now tied to the Master by the fact I needed to drink his blood every month to stay sane and to stop myself becoming a parasite. Even if I the master released the ward that bound my Matter there was still the fact I could not leave his side. If I killed him I would now have to kill myself to stop myself going on a murderous rampage which was not my description of freedom.

I groaned in frustration and flung my head back against the bath behind me and stared at the ceiling.

I now knew I could never be free of the Master.