Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 1

A few months earlier....

I waited patiently along with the other maids outside in the cold autumn air. The sky was dark and cloudy with no moon to shed light on the world below. The house behind me however was more than enough to illuminate the numerous maids waiting for the young master's return.

My hands were folded in front of me and remained still unless they moved to pat the tight bun of my brunette hair which I had tortured myself to get perfect. I glanced down at the frilly mass of cloth that was my daily dress. Every inch of the uniform seemed flawless. The apron was gleaming with freshness and the black dress was uncrumpled. All was perfect, just as the young master liked it.

I was grumbling to myself and glaring at the gravel that covered the ground. The young master had gone to the Auction, a place where humans were sold into the Clans, Packs and Prides. They were humans who knew about the Old World and leaving those humans alone could cost them dearly. It was best to keep the humans who had seen too much close. But even so, I didn’t like the Auctions. More often than not, humans were treated horribly there.

I glanced up when I heard the roar of the limousine coming up the ridiculously long drive way. The lights of the car illuminated the numerous awaiting staff as it swung round to a screeching halt. I watched with the careful blank expression that I had perfected over the long years as the young master got out of the car once the Head Butler, Arnold Lockwood, had opened the door for him. He stood there dazzling like a god and flashed a toothy, or I should say fangy, smile at the melting maids. The new ones I might add. The maids who had been here for a while know that all vampires are deadly attractive. And not in a good way. It was well known that vampires were built to attract. Attraction meant easy hunting. No woman would question the thoughts of an incredibly attractive man taking an interest in them. I tilted my head as I watched the young master. For some strange reason he has always reminded me of the wolf in little red riding hood, although this wolf had donned the appearance of a young businessman and not an old woman.

A body being removed from the seat by one of the butlers sharply caught my attention. I narrowed my eyes and observed as a blond headed girl, no older than sixteen, was taken from the back seat. Newbie, I instantly thought. Poor girl must’ve had a dreadful time at the slavers. My eyes followed like that of a predator as she was taken by the young master. He seemed to cradle her tenderly and with as much gentility as he could muster, which caused a seed of suspicion to be planted at the back of my mind. As he came past I noticed what the girl wore a mini skirt with a thick jumper over her shirt that hid her curves well. Make up was trailing from her eyes from tears that had flooded that evening, or many evenings. Not all were sold on the first night of auction.

My body moved into action by itself when the Head Maid clapped her hands and ushered us back inside so we could continue with our tasks. I silently swept inside and strode through the massive wooden entrance hall littered with plants, statues and paintings. As I walked brusquely down the dim hallways and ignored the greetings of my fellow captives, my mind focused on the day.

It was August 30th 20XX. That meant I only had three months before he returned. Three months for me to plan my next attempt at freedom.

I flung open the door to the ballroom, a beautiful marble floor room with a large gold dome ceiling and a crystal chandelier to top off the impressively expensive room. The two maids that I had been working with for nearly eleven years were already kneeling on the floor, scrubbing at the giant marble tiles until they blinded whoever looked at them.

Sall instantly perked up when she saw me and a huge grin spread over her face like wild fire. The blond girl leapt to her feet and pranced over to me in an enthusiastic greeting.

“There you are Susan.” She said as she wrapped her small arms around me tightly. “Did the young master return safely?”

“Yes.” I said simply and pushed her away so I could head over to my place further inside the ballroom.

“Any newbies?” Mo asked.

I nodded then hitched up my look black dress and lowered myself onto my knees.

A click of annoyance came from Sall as she began to work again. “How old is she?”

“Probably no older than sixteen.”

“Still only a baby.” Sall sighed then glanced over her shoulder to look at me. “Pretty?”

I shrugged. “Her face was stained with mascara and blotched from crying. To me she looked like a mess.”

"But did she have the potential? It would be nice to have someone else to work with who is as pretty as I." She glared at Mo and myself accusingly. "Unlike some people who don't care about their appearances."

Mo snorted. "It doesn't matter in a place like this."

Her eyes swivelled around to face Mo. "It does so. It keeps your spirits up."

"You don't need your spirits to be kept up either. You just need to learn to adapt." Mo glanced up at me. "And to learn that you will never be free."

I ignored the comment that was obviously aimed at me and continued with my work, listening vaguely to what the two friends were chattering about. My mind was focused on the draining days. I only had so long to plan my attack for when he returned and I needed to make it foolproof. Too many times had the master evaded me. Too many times had my attempts failed. The ease of which he stopped me grated hard on my nerves. To him, my attempts at his life was nothing more than a game.

The conversation that was humming in the background however was brought to a quick end when the doors where flung open again. Alphonse strode in and gazed around the room as he observed each maids face. His eyes fixed on my face and a boyish grin suddenly came into existence.

“Susan I have a job for you.”

I sighed and hung my head before answering in an exasperated tone. “What is it, young master?”

“I want you to look after the new toy. Show her the ropes and keep her from doing anything stupid.”

“And you want Susan to do that?” Sall blurted out before she could stop herself.

Alphonse shot Sall a withering glare which had the effect he wanted when she froze in fear like a rabbit being spotted by a fox.

“I did not ask you for your opinion.” He said coldly. Sall breathed out heavily when his attention left her and was averted back to me. “She is in her room and will probably be waking soon enough. I expect you to be a good mentor and keep her in line.”

I nodded my head dutifully and blankly watched him swiftly leave the room. There was a heavy silence before anyone spoke.

“He’s up to something.” Mo said.

I stood up and threw my cloth in its soapy bucket causing a mini wave to splash onto the floor. “He may be acting on the behalf of a higher up.” I said as I glared at the open doors while roughly drying my hands on my apron.

I ignored the knowing look that was passed between Mo and Sall. They often commented on the amount of time I spend thinking about the master, Alphonse’s uncle. What they seem to be missing was the fact whenever I am thinking of him I am thinking of what a wonderful feeling it will be when I finally drive a stake through the bastard's heart. Because as long as he is alive, I will never have my freedom.
♠ ♠ ♠
If there are any grammar problems just let me know so then I can fix them.