Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 19

As soon as I entered the study I was ushered to sit on one of the two sofas in the centre of the room by ol’ Arnold. He sat beside me with a smile on his face, one that did not reach his concerned filled eyes. Alphonse was sitting opposite us looking very bored and quite healthy now. His wounds inflicted by the Master seemed to have recovered since the rescuing of Ella a few days ago.

The Master on the other hand was pacing fitfully up and down his study. I did not need the bond to know he was agitated. His face was dark with worry and his fine mouth was pressed in a thin line.

“Please sit down, Master.” Arnold said gently. “You will do no good just storming around the place.”

Lucius sighed heavily and stopped to thrust his hand through his dark hair. The way he stood there with his hand gripping his hair and his jaw clenched tightly with irritation made him appear so dark and dangerous it made my heart ache and my mind cloudy. Hastily I averted my eyes when his eyes snapped to me at my embarrassing thoughts. I didn’t need to see them to know there would be amusement held deep within them.

“What is it you called me here for?” I asked quickly when no one spoke and the Master's burning stare continued.

There was a heavy hesitation as the men glanced at each other.

Lucius inhaled slowly before he spoke. “You know I turned you into a Black blood however you don’t know what that means.”

My eyes narrowed and I looked up at him, embarrassment gone. “You have tied me to you, that is what is means.” I said snidely.

The Master frowned and ignored the dig. “Years and years ago, when there were plenty of witches, a decree was passed down that none of the immortal clans could claim a witch as their own.”

Anger bit me. “Then you have been going against that decree since you imprisoned me here!” I snapped, springing onto my feet.

The Master growled at me, his eyes darkening from my words.

Arnold’s hand shot out and he tugged me gently back on the sofa. “Listen to what the Master has to say Susan. Do not interrupt him. This is important.”

I frowned hard in disapproval however the earnest of Arnold’s request made me obey quietly. I sat back down heavily with a humph and continued to stare with annoyance at my Master’s irritatingly addictable face. He gave me one hard look before he spoke again.

“What I meant Susan was that a witch is still a witch whatever immortal she becomes.” He snapped.

It was a battle to keep my eyes from lighting up from joy and my face to break into a smile. My heart suddenly swelled with relief and my body sagged slightly. I was still a witch; I was still a part of my Family. All of a sudden I wanted to hug him tightly with joy and kiss that wonderful face of his.

My thoughts froze.

Kiss him.

Images suddenly began to cram in my mind. Images that I had not thought I could think of before and it caused my face to become so hot and red that I swear steam would start emitting from me any moment. In utter fear of the Master seeing or knowing in any form of what I was thinking about I mentally retreated from his ever haunting presence in my mind, throwing up any mental blocks so he could not see into my head. I stared at the floor fervently and violently beat out the horribly indecent scenarios from my mind, still keeping the Master’s presence as far from me as possible.

The Master’s voice had been a gentle hum in the background but all of a sudden it stopped. I glanced up at him with an accusing glare, my face still steaming. I screamed in my head that it was all his fault, praying he could feel the rage and spite in my thoughtful words. However to my surprise he was looking at me with utter confusion and surprise. His eyebrows were furrowed deeply while his mouth was frowning.

“Uncle, what is it?” Alphonse asked, his interest suddenly perked up by the Master’s abrupt stop in mid-sentence.

The Master glanced at his nephew briefly before he looked back at me. “Why did you block me?”

The question made me want to cry with relief. He had not seen my mind, the mind I currently felt had betrayed me and now wanted to kill.

“So I did block you?” I asked with a smile on my mouth.

He frowned again. “Were you testing the bond instead of listening to me?”

“Yes.” I said bluntly, hoping he believed me.

A growl ripped out from his chest and bared his fangs at me. He flung up his hands in anger and defeat before turning his now blazing eyes on Arnold.

“You explain it to her! I give up!” He roared and stormed over to one of the chairs beside a lone chess table where he sat. He leaned forward so he could lock his fingers together and stared at me darkly, rage pouring from him.

I gave him a confused frown and turned my attention to Arnold when he placed his old withered hand on mine.

“Listen to me Susan. This is vital.” He paused and waited for me to nod in agreement before he continued. “The Elders of the Packs, Clans and Prides agreed two centuries ago that witches were to remain human. A witch is strong enough as a human however they become far more dangerous when turned. With shape-shifting abilities and unnatural strength that can be amplified they are extremely deadly. Now a jaguar or a werewolf turned can rely on themselves and do not need anything to keep them sane. A Black blood however is very reliant on their creator. We had a terrible incident involving five turned witches becoming Grey bloods and Were’s being used as weapons of war. It was after that that the Elders banned any witch from being claimed by the immortals. It was far too dangerous. Any turned and any who disagreed were killed. Now this decree has been in action for years and the few witches that have been turned since and their creators have been killed on sight.”

“Wait a moment.” I said quickly and threw my hands up. “If the Master and I are going against the decree then why the hell does the whole house know?”

“The servants here will not turn against us under pain of death and that also goes with the rest of the Clan.” He said with a smile. “Also loyalty and respect comes into the equation.”

“Then why are you lot so worried?”

“Grandmother.” Alphonse said with a hint of disdain.

A cold shiver slithered up my spine. “What about her?”

“She is stirring.” The Master said venomously. “It won’t be long until she wakes again.”

“This I know is a bad thing but I don’t see how it would be very bad for us.” I stated.

The Master sighed sharply in annoyance and leaned back in his chair with his arms firmly crossed over his broad chest.

“The Mother is twenty years old, an Ancient and a Blue blood. She is strong and very old fashioned. She also generally likes to cause trouble and is slightly mad. If she could, she would find every witch she could and make them her Black blood and then set them loose on the world after starving them. It was a miracle that an old Sinclair managed to curse her blood to kill those who drank it.”

“Still, I don’t see why-”

He cut me off sharply. “If she finds out that I have a Black blood witch she would order you to kill through me. She would torture you and starve you until you lose your mind entirely and then watch with relish as you cause chaos in the world and I would not be able to stop her. This is why we are concerned about her waking.”

I stared at him hard before I nodded my head in agreement solemnly. This ancient was far worse than I had first thought.

“What are we going to do then?”

“You are going to continue being sealed.” He stated. “And I will teach you how to mask your witch nature. Eva shall have to do deal with your scent.”

I winced visibly. I did not like the idea of being smothered by an extremely affectionate vampire again. “She’s not going to come here is she?”

He smiled gently, knowing how much I loathed the idea. “No, she should not need to and I doubt she would be allowed to leave her home.”

“Do you know how much time we have?” Arnold asked.

Alphonse and the master glanced at each other. Alphonse shrugged nonchalantly. “Don’t know. But it is soon, less than a year definitely.”

I bit my lip hard in thought as something suddenly occurred to me while looking at the young master.

“And Ella? How are we going to protect her? I take it the Mother will not be too impressed with the young master’s interest in her.”

The sudden gloom that filled the room alarmed me and I glanced from one master to the other, my expression getting darker as I slowly realised that they were not telling me something.

“How are you going to deal with Ella then?” I demanded. When a new idea flashed in my mind rage enveloped me and I stood sharply to my feet. “If you are intending to turn her into a Black blood I will kill anyone who goes near her!” I said savagely.

“We are not turning her!” Alphonse snapped.

“Then tell me what you are going to do?”

“She is leaving.”

I blinked heavily, stunned by Alphonse’s statement. At first I thought he was joking however the gloom infested expression that had taken hold of his face told me otherwise. My heart grew cold and my face became blank from any expression.

“Where are you sending her?” I asked numbly.

“She will be going to the Sinclair’s. The Mother will not dare to touch her there even if she did find out about their relationship. Ella will be safest under Eva’s guard.” The master explained.

I bit back the sudden wave of anger and sorrow. Swallowing hard I forced myself to speak again. “Does she know?”

He shook his head gently. “Not yet. Alphonse is going to tell her once she has finished her work.”

Mechanically I nodded. There was a moment of silence and I grabbed this pause to leave. Excusing myself sharply I darted out of the room and sharply walked down the corridors. The ugly cloud of pain, sorrow and anger grew swiftly as I repeated their plan over and over in my head. Hurrying for the main doors and freedom I ignored the terrified stares and cries of the servants as I stormed past.

With lengthy strides I took myself out into the darkness before I slowed to a stop half way down the long gravel covered driveway. I tightly wrapped my arms around myself to stop myself from shaking, whether it was from the cold or the anger I couldn’t tell. My head hung low so I could scowl with rage at the sharp stones beneath my bare feet while my mind thought rapidly.

I would not let them take her from me. She was my friend and my charge and they were making her leave when she had only just grasped the flailing ropes of her life. I felt my fangs lengthening, growing along side my rage.

I will kill anyone who tried to take my sister from me.