Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 21

Nearly a month had passed since Ella’s departure and I was coping with my new life relatively well. Having been raised to live a nocturnal life it was not too difficult to adapt to the fact sunlight now burned like hell when ever it touched me although I did miss the fact I could not go outside into the sun whenever I was angry with the Master. The sun’s warmth always calmed me but I had to make do with annoying him as a lease for my anger.

The blood drinking side of my new life had not been put to the test however. As a Black blood I did not need to feed to survive unlike those who are born as a vampire. I needed food and water, much like when I was human, and the only time I needed blood was the monthly feeding from the Master to retain a grip on my sanity. This was something I very much dreaded and had been putting off for as long as possible. He on the other hand didn’t seem mind that he had to drink my blood every day and if anything enjoyed watching me grow more uncomfortable with every feeding and knowing that every time he drank my blood it made me want to gouge his eyes out even more.

The hardest thing to adapt to was the lack of Ella. Her presence following me everywhere had become such a normal thing to me over the past two months that with her gone I felt quite lonely. I plugged on with my work however, ignoring the worried and fearful looks I received from my fellow slaves and ignoring the lack of chatter coming from my side as went about my business.

The main problem however remained silent. Now and then the Master or Alphonse would go missing for days at a time, watching over the Mother in her room I had guessed. The amount of time it is taking for this Ancient to wake astonished me. She had been touching her children’s minds for a while now, sometimes even moving briefly, but she had not woken properly yet and she was sure taking her time. My agitation and irritation was increasing with every day.

I lazily tilted my head to one side when I heard my name called. I stared at the happy looking Arnold through narrowed eyes, annoyed at having been disturbed from my thoughts and my task of floor washing.

“What do you want, old man?” I asked while scrubbing the floor harder.

“I just came to check up on you.” He replied, stepping closer towards me.

I glared with suspicion. “You never have done before so don’t run around the ring and tell me why you are here.”

He sighed gently and laced his old fingers together. “It has been over a month now and the Master wishes that you feed. He does not want you to lose control when the Mother is so close to waking.”

I snorted in disdain. “I feel fine, no different than I did a month ago. If I start to feel like I am going mad only then will I turn to the Master for help.”

“Then let me say what the Master told me seeing as you have blocked his voice from the bond. ‘If she does not feed in the next hour, I will tie her down and force the blood down her throat’. He also said it with much anger I might add and I very much doubt he will not do what he promised. He is still stronger than you so it will be quite easy for him to do so.”

I swore savagely and threw the mop on the floor. “Fine!” I snapped. “I will go and get this over with. I might as well start getting used to feeding from him seeing as I am going to have to until the day I die.”

Arnold smiled with approval. “That’s the spirit Susan.”

I grumbled under my breath as I followed the old butler through the mansion. The closer I drew to the Master, the more nervous and agitated I became. To take my mind off of the rage induced thoughts I decided to observe Arnold.

Ever since that night at the old factory I had been watching the old man like a hawk. Slowly I picked up hints that he was what I now knew was a werecat. He was always aware of his surroundings and seemed to have excellent eyesight and hearing, something that would be fading at his age. And the way he walked had a spring with every step, as if he was still in his youth. After speaking with him I had found out he was in the eighth and second to last life. He had been with the Rain family since his third which explained why he spoke of the Mother in a personal sense. He had said that whenever he regained the memories of his former life he ventured back to this house to serve under the old Master, Dunstan, until his death 60 years ago. It has only been in this life that he had served under Lucius and called him Master. This intrigued me. I had always thought that Lucius had ruled over this clan, even after finding out about the Mother, the true ruler. It never occurred to me that his elder brother would have taken hold of leadership before him. But then again I had never asked about Dunstan before. Dunstan was simply known to me as the young master’s father. And the young master’s mother however ... I had realised then that I had no idea who she was. She was never spoken of and there were no pictures of her alongside the other Clan leaders in the main hall. Having now thought about it I did not know much about the family and had a strange feeling that something bad had happened to Alphonse’s parents which was strengthened when I tried to ask the Master and only to be shut out and sent away sharply. I knew not to ask Alphonse and Arnold seemed to dodge the subject tactfully. Whatever had happened, apparently I was not to know. Which strangely did not annoy as I thought it would. Instead I saw it as something to do in my suddenly expansive lifespan. Eventually I would find out what happened, all I had to do was wait and the answer would be found soon enough.

My focus was suddenly demanded when Arnold stopped and my thoughts retreated to the back of my mind. He opened the door and indicated for me to enter. I didn’t bother to thank him and stormed inside, my anger quickly swarming over and smothering my intrigue.

I ignored the sound of the door being closed behind as Arnold left me alone in the centre of the study. Leaning against the desk with his intense and angered eyes focused on me was the Master. I returned his glare without hesitation and waited for him to speak.

“You know you need to feed so why do you keep running away?” He asked.

“Because I feel fine. I would rather not do something that I don’t feel is necessary yet.”

His eyes narrowed further. “You will not know when you lose your mind and I don’t want to risk it.” He snapped and pulled the sleeve of his shirt roughly up his arm. In one smooth motion he dug his nail into his wrist and ripped at the skin. Blood instantly flowed from the wound and its metallic scent blossomed in the air.

I would have loved to say that the blood had no affect on me what so ever however that would just have been a blatant lie. I felt my fangs instantly lengthening and resting against my lower lip and I could not take my eyes from his wrist. It took every ounce of effort from launching myself at him.

I vaguely noticed him approaching me slowly and my eyes watched intensely as the blood drew closer. When he moved his rest just below my nose I could not wait any longer. I quickly gripped his arm and fastened my mouth to the wound and drank heavily. The blood was warm and sweet, a very welcoming taste in my mouth.

After a few moments my mind settled and realisation dawned over me at what I was doing. Almost in disgust, I dropped his arm and jumped back, wiping my mouth hard.

“You’re going to have to get used to that.” The Master said with a smile, his anger fled, and tugged down his shirt sleeve. “Once a month you are going to have to drink my blood whether or not you want to. Your body wills it.”

I glared furiously at him but said nothing. I knew when I could fight and when I couldn’t. This was a moment when I could not argue against him. What he said was a fact no matter how hard I tried to deny it.

“You are hiding your witch presence well.” He said and went behind his desk. “I cannot sense it however mother still might. Just make sure it does not slip when she wakes.”

I sighed sharply in annoyance and watched as he rummaged about in the center draw.
“And when is she? We have been waiting for her for more than a month now and it is starting to grate my nerves.”

“I can’t speed it up Susan. She wakes when she is ready so just sit tight. Here.” He threw a small object in my direction which I snatched out of the air smoothly.

I slowly uncurled my fingers and observed what I had been thrown at me. It was a small vial with a pink liquid held within it. I glanced up at him.

“Perfume?” I said, utterly confused.

He shrugged. “Of a sort. You spray a tiny amount on your neck every day. It will smother your witch scent and make it seem like you were only once human. Eva will make a small vial once every two weeks for you.”

I unfastened it then squirted a tiny amount on my wrist. Daintily I sniffed. It smelt like human mixed with vampire, which confused me. I knew already what ‘human’ and ‘vampire’ smelt like without even realising. I grunted and pocketed the small vial in my sleeve. Eva had her uses sometimes, I had to admit that.

“If that is all.”

The Master hesitated before he nodded. I did not hesitate to turn and leave but was forced to stop when he spoke again.

“Please be careful Susan.” He said gently. “The Mother is nothing you would have encountered before. She is unpredictable, merciless and insane. Promise me you will not do anything that will upset her.”

I was silent for a moment as I observed him. He was worried, fearful even. And this concern was for me, not for anyone else. I did not like the fact that that thought made me warm and joyful inside. Slowly I nodded.

“I will try.” I said honestly. From what I heard, I would not want to unnecessarily cross this Ancient.

He smiled at me weakly and then turned back to his desk, allowing me leave. I quickly darted through the hallways to return to my task. With so many thoughts about the Rain family and the anxiety of the leader waking was taking its toll. I needed a good task to keep my mind occupied.

I smiled gently when I saw the mop and bucket exactly where I had left them. With heavy steps and approached them and swept the mop up smoothly and quickly began to work, fully immersing myself in the job.

And it was because I was so focused that I had not realised I was being watched from the shadows by dark cold eyes.