Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 2

I knocked on the faded oak door and waited for any sound inside. As predicted, there was nothing. I sighed heavily, knowing that she was awake but trying to give the impression she wasn’t. I quickly opened the door and peered inside the faintly lit room and saw a bulk under the duvet. I gave the bulk a frustrated glare and closed the door quietly behind me. I didn’t move from my spot, just waited and it was not long before I saw the bulk move and a strangled cry echoed in the room.

“I won’t hurt you so there is no point in hiding.” I said.

The girl froze with realisation that she wasn't alone but still said nothing.

My eyebrow twitched with annoyance. “Look if you don’t come out the young master will make you and it won’t be pleasant. You might as well take your chances with me than with him.”

Slowly the blanket was pulled down and a pair of red stained eyes stared at me wildly.

“Where am I?” She whimpered.

“At the main house of the Rain clan.” I said simply.

There was silence as she mulled over this information. I knew it was best to let a newbie ask questions until they are slightly comforted before I rush them about and get them started on work.

“So it was real.” She muttered.

I closed my eyes in annoyance. Here it comes. I could hear the tears starting to spill from the girl’s eyes.

“He’s dead isn’t he?”

“Who is ‘he’?” I asked.

“Danny. My boyfriend. I was in the park with him and then we were attacked by…I’m not sure what. But I heard screaming and snarling and there was blood. Lots and lots of blood. No one could live from that amount of blood loss.” She swallowed. “And then I remember a cage with chains and people staring at me but that’s all. All the rest is hazy.”

Her lip was now in the middle of an earthquake as she tried to hold her tears in. Then, very slowly, she bent forward and howled in her knees as she let her pain flood out. I watched her with only a slight hint of sympathy on my face. This was the part of newbies that I hated. Each one was like this the first time they come here. Slowly I moved forward and very hesitantly reached out and patted her back gently.

“There, there.” I said mechanically.

The one thing I was terrible at was comforting and showing emotion, that was why the master never allowed me to introduce newbies to their new home and job. Alphonse only did it because he knew I hated it and enjoyed annoying me.

The girl surprised me when she unfolded suddenly and launched herself at my waist and gripped me in a tight embrace. I waited as patiently as I could and patted her head while she cried. It would be dishonest of me however if I said there wasn’t a look of annoyance plastered on my face.

I looked down when the sounds of heavy sniffing was emitting from the girl, a sign that the food of sobbing was calming down. Eventually she looked up with big puffy blue eyes.

“Why am I here?” She croaked.

“You witnessed something you shouldn’t.” I said. “Any human who sees a vampire, werewolf and jaguar and unable to have their memory dulled is either enslaved or killed. You are an unlucky one.” I unhooked her unresisting arms from around me and dropped them into her lap.

“Vampires? Werewolves? But they're just a work of fiction.” She paused with uncertainty as she remembered the incident at the park. "Aren't they?"

I turned, ignoring her question, and strode over to one of the wall cupboards. Flinging one of the doors open to reveal a stack of black dresses and white aprons inside, I carefully chose the garments then took them over to the new girl.

“What is your name?” I asked as I observed her looking at the clothes with confusion.

“Ella Harper.” She said before she looked up at me questioningly. “What is this for?”

“That is your new dress which you are to wear everyday Ella.”

The colour drained from her face. “Why?”

“Because that is the rule here. From this day forth Ella, you are a slave in this household until the day you die.”

“What? Why? I didn’t do anything! I don’t deserve this!” Ella cried.

“And neither do the rest of us in this house.” I snapped which made her fall silent. “Now, your master is Alphonse Rain, the young master of this house and your owner. He has ordered me to be your mentor.”

“But what about my life. My friends. My parents.” She stammered as she tried to keep in control.

“They are now no longer part of your life Ella. It is best to forget about them.” I said bluntly. “Get yourself changed then meet me in the hall. You have work to do.” I said then turned and tried to leave the room.

I was forced to stop however when her hand shot out and latched onto my sleeve. “You can’t expect me just forget about my family.” She said, growing almost hysterical now.

“The same rules apply to you, just as they apply to everyone else. Forget and move on. It’s the best thing you can do for yourself right now.” I said harshly and ripped her unresisting fingers from my arm. “Be quick please. I don’t want to be too far behind on my work because you dawdled.”

By the panicked, red faced look on her face, I knew she was about to explode. Realising this and not wanting to deal with it, I chose to leave quickly. As I predicted, as soon as I closed the door behind me, a horrible cry, mixed between fear and misery, erupted from the room. With my arms folded and a scowl fixated on my face, I leaned against the wall, trying my hardest to ignore the tortured wails that drifted out from behind the oak door.