Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 35

My eyes were focused on Morrigan as we slowly circled each other, side stepping with no obvious indication when we were going to attack. I held my mother’s witch blade loosely in my hand, feeling the weight of the cold handle gently.

Morrigan smiled at me, a cruel twisted grimace that caused her eyes to glow eerily, as she softly scraped her claw over her cheek.

“You know we don’t have to fight.” She said. “We could come to some sort of agreement, like you had with my son.”

I let a growl rip out from my throat and abruptly gripped the sword.

“The Master and I never had an agreement. He kept me here for my own good, even if I didn’t agree with it.” I snapped. “You will not care for me however. You will turn me into a tool, a toy, and nothing more.”

Morrigan laughed lightly. “It seems he has been speaking ill of me while I slept.” She stopped suddenly and narrowed her eyes. “It also seems he has been disobeying many laws of the Clans. Creating a Black Blood witch out of love. It seems he was a weak as his brother.”

I snarled in reply, scowling at her and stopped moving, adjusting my body to prepare to attack as she continued.

“But I should have realised it sooner. I watched you for weeks but obviously not close enough. You did well in keeping yourself hidden.” She commented, also bracing her legs for an attack. “It is a shame I did not discover you sooner. You would’ve been an excellent toy and the perfect weakness to use against Lucius.”

Growling and gripping the blade, I darted forward, instantly swiping the sword at Morrigan’s exposed throat. For a moment she blurred then vanished suddenly as she ducked smoothly under my attack. Alarms leapt into life and I lurched my body to the left, just missing the Mother’s claws as she struck out at my back, shredding my damaged dress as they hooked at the cloth. Holding the witch blade out and plying it with a small amount of Matter, I swung round in attempt to catch Morrigan in her crouched position but only air met the weapon as the vampire catapulted herself out of range.

She landed softly and almost silently, hissing at me as her face contorted with rage at the small wound that seeped blood out of her side. Twirling the blade in my hand, I smiled grimly. Witch blades were like the guns. Apply it with Matter and you can hurl the power to harm. The blade never actually needs to make contact with the opponent for it to wound but I had to be careful. If I missed and used to much Matter in one attack, I may end up wounding one of the servants or vampires that were watching the spectacle with grim expressions.

“I should have killed you when I watched you all those times.” Morrigan screeched, her fangs bared savagely. “I knew you were trouble by the aura you possessed and the way Lucius regarded you with such high thoughts and feelings.” A grimace suddenly spread over her face and her wild eyes stared at me as she stood. “I will kill you slowly for ruining my game.”

Suddenly she disappeared when I blinked and my senses went wild as I tried to detect her movement however it was only when I felt the sensation of something coming close to my face that I knew she was beside me. I stumbled out of the way, barely missing the black thick nails that swept past my face but could not avoid the speed of her next attack. Her spare hand shot out and rammed against my neck, instantly latching on with an iron grip. She smiled savagely at me before she turned her body and flung me away from her with enormous strength. The stinging sensation from where my skin was ripped away was numbed instantly when my back and head smacked against the ballroom wall then fell to the floor. It took me a moment before I could move and try to locate my sword but that was more than enough time for Morrigan to reach me and take a fistful of hair and wrench me onto my knees.

“I am going to make your death very slow and painful. It is just a shame I cannot get Lucius to witness it though.” She told to me in an eerily happy tone that was contrasting her wide wild and hate filled eyes.

I glowered at her with as much loathing as I could muster before I allowed my eyes to look left fleetingly to check whether or not the sword I had glimpsed a moment before was still there. Seeing that it was, I pushed myself into action. I lengthened my own claws and lashed out at her eyes, forcing her to let me go and stumble back to protect her face. Not hesitating once I was released, I darted over to where my weapon lay abandoned and snatched it up, facing her smoothly with my sword held firmly in my hand.

Forcing as much Matter as I could into my body and senses, I watched stiffly as she came at me again. I dodged her blurred and hooked hands as she aimed for my throat and face, trying to gouge out my eyes or rip my already damaged neck. I waited on edge, the Matter keeping me on an even footing with her speed, until that opening came and lashed out with the sword, smiling when I felt the slight stop of the blade as it hit her forearm then gave way as it bit firmly and pushed through the flesh and bone forcefully. Morrigan screamed horribly and reeled back as she clutched her severed arm to her chest. Her pale dress was rapidly gaining dark red streaks as blood pulsed freely from her ragged wound.

Her face was dark with rage, twisted with hate and fury, and spattered with her own blood. Without another word she lashed out again with far more anger and force behind her attack and catching me off guard when avoided my sword smoothly and raked her claws against my cheek. Numbing pain flared into life and I could vaguely feel blood flowing out from the deep wounds but I did not have much time to think when her hand came at my throat.

I darted away, putting some distance between myself and the enraged Ancient as she threw her head back and roared horribly. Her head snapped back in my direction, her insane fiery eyes latched onto my small crouched body staring at her blankly a few paces from her.

“I’ll kill you for what you’ve done!” She howled.

In one swift movement she rushed me, her one hand rigid and ready to tear me apart. Quickly assessing her movement and rapidly seeing a chance in her charge, I shoved my blade into the marble floor, knowing it would cut through easily then braced myself with my Matter gathering in my legs and arms. Just as her claw was drawing close to my face, I jerked my head out the way and arrested her wrist firmly in my left hand. Without her other hand to defend herself, my Matter enforced fist went unblocked into her face, shattering her jaw and forcing her to the floor. As soon as I heard the sickening crack of her skull smashing the hard floor, I reached behind me and took hold of my sword, quickly filling it with Matter once again.

Looking up at me, Morrigan realised what was to happen. Filling her face and eyes with as much loathing and hatred as she could, she bared her fangs and hissed.

“May you be killed by the Old World, you mutant bitch!” She snarled finally before I smoothly and rapidly swiped the sword above her throat, sending the Matter deep into the floor and cleanly through her neck.

The sword still hummed gently after the Matter was thrown leaving a long scar in the floor. Letting my arm hang limply at my side with my sword humming gently as the Matter hissed out from the blade, I stared blankly at the blood that seeped out from the gap in Morrigan’s neck and the horrific mask her face had taken in the moment of her death.

It was over. Morrigan was dead and I was alive.

The Mother was gone.

A strange exhaustion swept over me. Dropping the sword, I slowly found the master’s unconscious body not too far from me. Sluggishly I approached him, dragging my feet as I did. Once I reached his side I let myself fall to my knees and rest my head against his chest, comforted by his beating heart and firm chest that rose and fell gently as he breathed.

I felt so tired now. Arnold was dead. Al, I couldn’t tell whether or not Sal and Mo got to him in time. There was so much life buzzing about now I couldn’t focus. I closed my eyes and did my best to ignore the burning sensation that was eating at my face.

I was glad though. Lucius was alive and safe and never again will the Mother try to harm him. I have made sure of that.

Everything became fuzzy now as exhaustion gripped me but before my memory faded I felt I large warm hand cover my head and a soft deep voice rumble out from the man beneath me.

“Well done Susan.” Lucius told me wearily.

Smiling, I slept deeply, revelling in the warmth and love he felt for me on the other side of the bond while mirroring the feelings for him in my own mind without holding back.