Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 3

I watched Ella carefully out of the corner of my eye as she gloomily polished the silver cutlery. She had not spoken a word since I left her in that room four days ago. Maybe the shock had forced her into a mute stupor but I doubted it. She seemed to have openly accepted the fact she could never return home without a fight and was swamped in a dark cloud of depression which I doubted was going to disperse anytime soon.

I looked up when the door to one of the many dinning rooms that I was working in was opened and Sall popped her head in. I could see her eyes hopping from myself to Ella with concern as she made her way over to me.

“Any improvements?” She whispered.

I shook my head. “She still hasn’t spoken a word. I think I prefer it when newbies wail and scream about going home than this defeated silence.”

Sall gave me a disapproving look about my comment but did not voice what she thought.

“What is it you came in here for Sall?”

“The young master is calling for you.” She said.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. “What on earth does he want?”

She shrugged her shoulders but looked at Ella meaningfully. I glanced over at the girl who was completing her task mechanically and with as little life as possible.

“You think it’s to do with her?”

“Think so.”

Anger flashed in my mind like a dagger. “Look I am doing what he wanted me to. She hasn’t done anything stupid and has been getting on with the tasks she had been set like the good little slave she is. It’s not my fault she’s not talking.” I snarled.

“Okay, okay. Calm down Susan. It’s just a thought.” She said backing away and holding her hands up for peace.

I clamped my mouth shut and glared furiously at nothing in particular.

“But you need to go to him now. He seemed like he wanted to talk to you urgently.” She pressed.

“Where is he?”

“In the second lounge. He said I was to take over your task until he has finished with you.”

I growled with frustration and roughly finished polishing the vase before handing the cloth to Sall. I stormed from the room and quickly made my way through the expansive manor. If Alphonse was intending to make me annoyed by taking away precious planning time, he was doing a ruddy good job of it.

I flung open the doors and my eyes instantly found the vampire lounging on one of the sofa’s beside a large fire. I walked over to him meaningfully and stood before him with my hands on my hips.

“What do you want?” I snapped.

His eyes darkened and a frown tugged at his full mouth.

“Just because you have privileges with my uncle does not mean you can speak out of line Susan.” He said darkly.

I grumbled but rearranged my face from a dark fury to its usual blank expression and placed my hands in front of me.

“What is it, young master?” I asked as politely as I could, hoping he could not hear the strain in my voice.

My surprise was hard to smother from my face when he sat up and indicated for me to sit in the chair opposite him awkwardly. I sat dutifully, now very interested when he was clearly troubled. I had met many vampires in my time and seeing a thoughtful expression on one was very new to me. Especially on the young foolish lunatics that dwelled in this house.

He twiddled his thumbs, something I had picked up to show he was thinking of what to say. He often did that when he was in trouble with the Master.

“How is the new girl?” He asked nervously.

“Well but emotionally dead and mute, sir.” I said bluntly.

Shock seemed to spread over his face. “Is she eating?”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Does she speak to anyone?”

“No, Sir.”

“Why ever not? It’s not like we treat her horribly.”

I stared at him with utter bewilderment. The man was worried about Ella when he never worries about anyone but the Master. He was a playboy and liked to be a pain whenever possible, and quite frankly, was as brutal as I was when it came to be being kind although in a different way. He liked to mock people where as I was just blunt and plain rude.

“I know you don’t treat her horribly,” Which was true. The people under this roof were given food and water and enough clothes. It was just the lack of freedom and life that people hated. “But why do you even care? You never have done before.”

The look of pure confusion made me pity him slightly. He looked down at his smooth hands that were clamped together tightly.

“I don’t know.” He mumbled.

I leaned back and observed him. Alphonse liked to be alone and only had a couple of friends who very rarely saw him. To be honest, he was a lone wolf and has never felt any of the softer emotions due to the lack of interest in people other than himself. I mentally paused.That thought made me think of an idea that was very laughable.

He suddenly laughed gently to himself and ran his hands through his deep hair.

“I must be going as insane as Uncle.” He muttered with a strange smile on his face.

I frowned with annoyance at the comment about my master but I held my tongue.

“Could you tell…” He paused as he tried to remember her name.

“Ella Harper is her name, sir.”

The smile that twitched at his mouth when I told him made my idea even more plausible and just that tad bit more hysterical.

“Could you tell Ella that if I could let her go home I would?”

“If that is your order then I will but why don’t you tell yourself? You have not actually met her yet.”

I noticed that his ears went slightly pink and my jaw dropped.

“Just pass the message on Susan.” He said quickly and cleared his throat, placing his normal mask of indifference on. “You are dismissed.”

“Sir.” I said and rose from my chair.

I fled from the room and ran through the corridors as quickly as I could before I let the burst of hysterical laughter leave my mouth. I laughed until my sides ached and my legs buckled so I was forced to slide onto the red carpeted floor. Eventually, after much snorting and a few worried and very surprised looks from fellow slaves, my laughter weakened into giggles.

I sighed heavily and forced myself onto my feet then slowly made my way back towards where Ella was while I wiped my eyes from tears and continued to giggle.

Whoever thought a vampire falling in love with a human would be so funny.