Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 7

My hand swept in a mechanical fashion as I wiped the same part of the window over and over. My face was formed into a strange expression, a mix between irritation and happiness, and dark smudges were squished under my eyes from the lack of sleep over the past two nights. My mind had retreated to a dark and bloody place, a place where it plotted the wishful death of my master.

What should I use? Guns? No, too many possibilities of missing and the bullets wouldn't really do much to him anyway. I needed to have a gun with bullets that could hold Matter but even if I had one of those I would only end up paralyzed and useless. My eyebrows knitted as I thought deeper. A simple knife would do it, I concluded. A stab to his heart or hacking at his neck would probably do the trick. But where to do it? A place where I could sneak up on him. I have tried countless times to kill him while he slept but he always seemed to know I was coming. Maybe it was just too obvious. I needed to think of something new, something original.

My eyes suddenly focused on the window and my hand froze when my name was bellowed into my ear.

I turned my head and vaguely looked at Mo who was glaring at me.

"I think that part of the window is clean Susan. Why don't you shuffle over and start on the next part of it?" She snarled behind a forced grin.

I looked back at the window. Ah. She was right. I had created a small shinning circle on the window surface so I could see the reflection of my strange face clearly. I nodded and shuffled over to continue my work in the dark place of my mind, dimly aware of the conversation between my colleagues.

“Is she okay?” Ella whispered with concern.

Mo grunted and ignored her.

Sall answered for her instead. “She’s fine, just plotting as she normally does.” I felt Sall look at my back. “The sudden return of the Master seems to have short circuited her brain though.”

“When will she be back to normal? It’s strange not having her snap at someone every second.”

“She will be back once she has a plan formed in her mind in maybe a day or so I guess.”

“You guess?” Ella echoed.

“It varies Ella, depending on how imaginative she is feeling,” She paused heavily for a moment. “And on how much she wants him.” She whispered quietly and sniggered.

That thrust my mind back into reality. I whirled on her, making Ella jump from fright though Mo and Sall just looked up.

“I don’t want him!” I roared while my face glowed red.

My anger grew when I saw Sall and Mo give each other a knowing look then rolled their eyes mockingly before they went back to work. When I stared at Ella’s confused face she seemed to twig as her face showed her understanding, like a light bulb switching on in her brain.

“Don’t you even agree with them Ella!”

She looked down at the floor she was scrubbing sharply. “I wouldn’t dream of it Susan.” I glared furiously when she failed to hide the grin she was holding back.

I turned back to the window and began to attack it with a new focused energy. I ignored the water that was spattering across the floor whenever I dunked the sponge back in the back and wiped the window in large sweeping arcs, denying the accusation violently in my head.

I kept this up easily for the next two windows and the anger that had flared deep within my soul quickened my decision about how I was going to go about killing the Master. Quickly I chose the evening, a time I knew he would be sluggish. I would wait until he wakes and not startle him like I normally do by attacking him in his sleep. I would use a knife as it was easier to control. And then he would be dead and I would be free. I smiled wickedly to myself as my rushed planformed in my head, happy that the shock of his sudden reappearance had finally evaporated. I had a semi good feeling about tomorrow's events. I just prayed that this time the knife would actually make contact with its intended target instead of a wall or pillow. More than once had my attempts failed and he ended up laughing that deep wonderful laugh of his.

I let the sponge fall into the bucket then stared at my clean windows in self-appreciation. I refused to fail this time and I won't let myself be distracted by him nor be caught. I would kill him. I was determined.