Status: Starting this story up again after a year away. Anyone still interested in it?

Something Sweet to Get You By

The Calm Before the Storm

"Matty fail...Matty fail...Matty fail, Matty fail, Matty fail, Matty faaaaail!" the boys chanted as Matt made a quick u-turn on an empty road.
"Shut up, you guys! God. One wrong turn," he pouted while looking down an intersection.
"Come on, Matt! You've lived here your whole life - how can you not know how to get to a Pei Wei? Even I know how to get there!" Dave complained from the backseat. Beau, Eric, and Jared all murmured in agreement. It was nearly nightfall and all five men had neglected to eat anything for lunch. Practice took most of their time earlier and they had been too busy having fun to even think about eating. Practice was over now, and Jared felt his stomach pulsating from hunger. It growled loudly as he shifted in his seat.
"Holy fuck! Jared's about to give birth! Drive faster, Matt, or else this hunger baby is gonna pop right out of his stomach!" Eric shouted as he clutched onto Matt's shoulders.
"It's gonna be some shit straight out of Alien Vs. Predator, dude. The hunger baby's gonna eat all of us." Beau added.
Jared groaned as he made a shoo-ing movement towards the back seat with his hand. Matt shook his head as he pulled into a parking lot. Everyone began to rejoice as they poured into the Pei Wei.

"Okay, how does this outfit look?" Nikki asked as she emerged from her room into the living room. Amanda and Charlie were laying sloppily about on the sofa, groaning in unison as Nikki stood before them, smiling innocently.
"Burn her closet, dude," Amanda exhaled as quietly as possible. Charlie smiled, shaking her head.
"I heard that! Guys, come on! I need to find the perfect outfit for Wednesday! I want it to say 'No, I was not expecting your arrival, Mr. Bokan; No, I do not usually clean my house while looking this good--"
"You don't clean at all!"
"-- Yes, you can tell your friend Eric freaking Lambert about me; Yes, I will gladly go on a date with him; No, sorry, I can't date you - Charlie would be devastated.' How dare you! I do too clean! I wash dishes and sweep the bathroom and dust, and vacuum!" Nikki scolded her friends. How dare they not help with her outfit choices and then criticize her ability to help maintain their condo.
"When we ask you to," Charlie grumbled.
"Whatever! How does this look?"
Charlie smacked her forehead while Amanda covered her face with a pillow.
"You guys!"
"Nikki! Every outfit you have put on looks fine. Christ! They all look good."
Nikki looked at her friends uncertainly. "Good enough for Eric to want me?"

"Sarah is gonna kill you when she finds out you gave Nugget chocolate, dude."
Jared watched as Matt and Beau practically clawed at the rug Matt's dog had just been sick all over. Nugget did circles around them, barking at Jared and Dave as they watched.
"She won't find out, will she?" Matt asked.
"That carpet's totaled. There is no way she won't notice that stain, and even if she didn't notice it, she'd sure as hell smell it."
"You're right. Where's Eric? Tell him to go get the Febreze from the bathroom."
"Matt, can I stop helping you clean this? I think I'm gonna be sick," Beau asked as he got up. He opened the screen door that led outside and allowed as much fresh air as possible to enter his lungs. He felt a vibrating sensation in his left pocket.
"Well look who decided to give me a call," Beau smiled into the phone.
"Hey you. Listen, about tonight," Charlie's voice floated into his ear. Beau felt a nervous shake begin to ring through his body and he silently cursed the butterflies that were flying around in his stomach.
He frowned, "You can't make it?"
"What? No, it's nothing like that. Are you crazy? Um," there was a brief pause and the sound of rustling in the background. Charlie shushed whoever was with her before continuing, "My car's having trouble and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it fixed before tonight. Would it be too much of a hassle for you to pick me up at my place instead of meeting me at the boba spot?"
"Of course not, silly. Eight-ish, right?"
Beau looked over and saw his friends staring at him, coy grins spread across their faces. Eric was walking in with a bowl of cereal in his hands.
"Ah, that face. He talkin' to the chick?" Eric asked his friends. Dave half-nodded. Eric laughed before sitting on the carpet where Nugget had been sick ten minutes prior. Jared looked over at Eric and began to laugh. Beau stifled his own laughter as he turned away from his friends.
"Okay, so, just text me your address and I'll pick you up at eight. See you later, beautiful."
Charlie's soft chuckle filled Beau's ear, "Bye Beau."
"Matt, your crib smells funny," Eric commented as he sniffed the air around him. All four boys burst into hysterics as Eric stared at them blankly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to AidanKathleen again for all the support and to my other readers. This chapter is sort of just a filler before the big date. Hope you guys enjoyed it (: Comments and subscriptions are appreciated.