Status: c0mmEnt aND SuBSribe!☺

The Snake in the Shadows

_______________________________________________________________________

Albus Severus Potter was always in the shadows of his brother and father. He didn't like it, not one bit. At age eleven he was accepted into Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Albus was about to board the train with his brother, and his cousins when he heard his father say something about a man named Malfoy. The giant family looked over to the platinum hair wizard and his son. Albus didn't see them though. He saw the chocolate haired girl beside them.

His time to Hogwarts was quick, seeing as he read his book all the way there, ignoring everything around him. Eventually he made it to the great hall for sorting. Lots of names were called so far but he didn't pay any attention. "Malfoy, Scorpius." Professor McGonagall called. Albus's head snapped up and watched the blond boy walk to the hat.

It sat on his head for a very long time but eventually yelled, "Slytherin!"

Next McGonagall called, "Malfoy, River." The chocolate haired girl from the train platform began walking up behind him and had the hat placed on her head.

She seemed to be silently pleading with it, and it eventually called, "Slytherin!" River Malfoy smiled and skipped over to her brother.

A few more names called but eventually Albus walked up to the stool. 'Ah another Potter' He heard in his head. 'You have a brave and loyal heart, an extraordinary thirst for knowledge, and a cunning mind. What's this? You can speak parseltongue like your father?'

'I'm not my father.' Albus growled at the hat through his thoughts.

The hat smiled upon Albus's head. 'I know, you're stronger. You'd do well in any house, but one more than others.' Albus heard it purr. Then it rang out what would be the decision that define his life at Hogwarts and as well for the future would be like. Whether he'd be something or live forever as that one Gryffindor who's related to James and Harry Potter.

"SLYTHERIN!"

*I don't own Albus's name, or any other character originally from the Harry Potter books. I do own River, the plot, and my character's personalities.