Status: Well, didn't finish it before graduation but we did finish it =D Hope everyone enjoys.

How far out can you get before there's no turning back?

Chapter 10

I sat there quietly for awhile after I had yelled my past into Kayla’s face. She was just staring at me with her mouth hanging wide open in surprise.

“So...,” I started not really knowing what to say at all anymore.

“So...,” Kayla repeated right after me. I guess she didn’t really know what to say either.

As the silence dragged on I started to get up and leave and was nearly to the door when I heard Kayla cry out for me to wait. I turned around and there were tears pouring down her face and she was whispering two words over and over again.

I walked back over to the table and leaned down so that I could hear what she was saying.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Kayla kept saying these words in an unending stream, never stopping.

I gently put my hand down on her arm and the two words stopped as she looked up at me with a curious look on her face and I sat back down across from her.

“You know,” I started,”when you think about it we are not really that different from each other. I mean we both lost people and the only difference between us is how we reacted to that loss. I made sure that my grades were good, that I was the perfect daughter so that I could - in my mind - make up in some way for my sister’s death and you well I guess I don’t really know why you did what you did.”

I gave her a questioning look.

Kayla looked up at me and there was an almost vulnerable look in her eyes.

“After my parents died I hated everyone, I had a vengeance against the whole world and I guess when I saw you and saw how much you had that I didn’t have, and that just made me go a little crazy inside. So I guess that is why I did what I did,” she said while staring down at the table.

I looked at her and an idea was forming in my head. I could free Kayla and we could start over, maybe even be friends. I just had to decide if I could really trust her or not.

The silence in the room grew louder and tenser as I took my time to pick my choice. After about ten minutes I leaned over the table with a smile on my face.

“So Kayla how bad do you want out of here?”

A shocked look came over her face and then anger replaced it.

“If you think you can just toy around with me then you can just-,”

I laughed out loud at her reaction and then looked her in the eye.

“You do realize that you are yelling at the one person who might be able to get you out of this mess and your little reaction over there just helped me make up my mind,” with that last sentence I got up and left the room.

I could hear Kayla’s protests all the way down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the story is almost done -horray- I just hope that all of you liked it a lot and yeah sorry about the long wait but summer is here so that means more updates (this is actually the second story I have updated tonight) and that means the story will be finished soon.

Also co-author's internet is kind of out of wack right now so don't know when that update will come in but it will happen asap.

comment/subscribe