Status: Story up for adoption, meaning I'm looking for a co-writer to take over since I no longer want to, please message me if you are interested!

New Neighbor

Welcome to the neighborhood.

A warm summer breeze came in through my bedroom window, tickling my skin. Paperback Writer by The Beatles flows from my old radio, that sat almost buried under the million and one piece's of scribbled on paper and torn up notebooks on my desk.

I laid on my soft, unmade bed, lazily. My eye were closed, as I listened to the music and all the sounds of a mid July afternoon. Wind chimes playing a soft melody. Birds singing to one other. Little kids laughing at the small playground a while down the old country road I lived on. The sound of a moving trunk backing up-What?

My eye's shot open and I pushed myself up onto my elbows, turning around awkwardly to look out the window at the head of my bed. A large white moving trunk with some company's name printed on the side in bold blue letters was pulling into the drive way of thevacant house next door.

As I watched an expensive looking car pulled up on the side of the slightly over grown lawn. A man, maybe in his late 20s climbed out. He worn tight pants and a white button up shirt. He jogged up to the porch and unlocked the door, disappearing inside.

A new, HOT neighbor....this could be interesting...

I rolled off my bed quickly made my way over to the old dresser in the corner of my room. After stripping from my boxer shorts and baggy tee, I slipped on my favorite 40's styled green dress with a black belt and yanked on some black flats. I looked in the mirror and decided that I looked good enough to welcome my new neighbor.

Outside, even in the evening, the heat consumed me on the short walk over our yards. I walked around the moving truck to find the man standing there, talking to the moving guys, using large hand motions. I wasn't close quite close enough to hear him, but he sounded upset. I waited about minute and a half before he finished. I studied him, he had dark shaggy black hair and tan skin, he was wasn't overly muscular, but not too skinny, he was just perfect. He put his face in his hands and rubbed his temples, still not noticing me.

I wondered if it was a bad time and turned to leave when a voice called out. "Hey you! In the green dress" I swiveled back around, highly doubting he meant anyone else. He stared at me tentatively for moment.

"Is there something you wanted?''

"I uh" I swallowed down my sudden nervousness and finished my sentence "I just wanted to welcome you to the neighbor, I'm Bo Shadow, I live next door, if you need anything just ask" I smiled and began to leave again, when he stopped me.

"That's it?" He looked surprised, I was confused though.

"Yes sir, that's all I wanted to say" The look of surprise was replaced by a huge smile and he said something like 'Perfect' to himself.

"Thank you for the welcome, I have to get going, catch ya later" He waved as he walked to his car.

What a strange man.. I thought as he drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yet to be proof read.
PLEASE COMMENT!