Status: Story up for adoption, meaning I'm looking for a co-writer to take over since I no longer want to, please message me if you are interested!

New Neighbor

Lecture

I don't blame mother for freaking out, I really don't. I would have probably done the same seeing the position Enrique and I had somehow managed to get in, unconsciously of course. Him stretched out on the couch, me laid across his chest, his leg wrapped over and in between mine.

He shot up fast as lightening, knocking me onto the floor in the process.

"M-Mom- "Is this what you do when I work late? Invite strange men over to the house?"

"No mom, you don't understand"

"Yeah Ms. Shadow, it's not what it looks lik-" She shot him a deathly glare silencing him mid-sentence. She turned to me slowly, I could tell I was in for the lecture of my life.

"I want the truth and I want it now" Her tone was frighteningly calm.

"W-well, I was walking home and I saw these girls mobbing Enrique next door, you see he's a famous singer and he wanted to get away form the limelight so he moved here awhile back, I went to his house warming party remember? anyway he paid me a hundred dollars to help him get away, so I lied about being his friend and let him stay here till the girls went away, we were just watching tv and I guess we fell asleep or something. And that's the truth!"

As the words left my mouth, I began to hear how much they sounded like a load of crap. Truth or not, it was pretty insane.

She crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow showing that didn't buy it.

"I'm not lying!" I protested the look she was giving me.

"Enrique, would you please leave" She hissed lowly. He glanced at me worriedly before getting of there. He knew she was about to flip out even more.

As soon as the door shut after him I got an earful.

"What on earth is the matter with you?!"

"I think I was dropped as a small infant." I tried to lighten the mood with a joke.

"Oh no young lady this is no laughing matter."

"Mom, I know but-"

"But nothing. He is a grown man he shouldn't be here with a teenager. Also I don't care if he's our neighbor you shouldn't let anyone his age inside the house without telling me first."

"Mom, that neighbor is the one who took me to the hospital when you couldn't." I have no idea why I was defending him but it seemed like the best way to help my case.

"I don't care if he brings world peace he shouldn't be in my house alone with my 15 year old daughter." This time her voice was scary calm, that's when I knew she was really mad.

"Mom," I pleaded. "Please believe me. I'm telling the truth." She shook her head.

"Your grounded-" "But mom!" "No buts, two weeks, you will do nothing but go with me to the store and come home with me. Once home you will do your chores then eat dinner and go to bed."

"But mom!"

"No that's it. That way I can keep an eye on you and make sure you are no where near Enrique."

For some reason that last part rang in my ears, I shouldn't care right? But I did, I really did. With my head hung low I went to my room, with only one thing on my mind, how am I going to collect my money when I can't even see him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I'm Neche the new co-author, half of this update was done by me and the first half by Lovelynight. Hope you like. Comment.