Status: Story up for adoption, meaning I'm looking for a co-writer to take over since I no longer want to, please message me if you are interested!

New Neighbor

Lack of space

"Romance...Western...Mystery..Here we are, Horror" I smiled as I stopped in front the book case that was shoved up against the farthest wall back in the shop. It was darker back there and smelled like damp paper.

"Thank you" Said Enrique and began searching for something, running his finger tips over the dusty binders. I leaned up the wall next to the shelf and watched him.

"Boy people don't back come here a lot, do they?" He asked wiping the dust from his hands. I chuckle and shook my head. "Most people here are very quiet, loving, older couples or young family's. They stick to the less graphic sections" I explained.

He pulled out a book "Holly Remné's bloodiest novel, Razor Blade" I make a face his choice of author.

"Isn't that the chick who writes cheesy sex scenes and gets over paid?"

He's eye's widened "Oh god no, her sex scenes are not cheesy in anyway"

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow "All books like that are so unrealistic when it comes to sex, or relationships"

"Not Remné's books" He shook his head "They are very real and romanic, they make you want to go out and find a girl so you also can have the true, raw, passion the characters have" He had been walking towards her as he talked, and he was now standing in front of her, so very close. "Because even to feel the way they did for a second, would a second you would never forget" The lack of space between us gave me a strange feeling, one I liked, but it scared me at the same time.

"M-maybe I'm wrong then" I cursed myself for stuttering, but I couldn't help it. He lifted a hand and touched my arm with it, letting it drop, he dragged his warm fingers tips over my skin. It made my heart beat faster and my breath to speed slightly.

He leaned down towards me "Where do I pay?" He said so softly, it was almost a whisper.

"A-at the counter" I choked out. He backed up smiling, then began walking to the front of the shop. "Oh dear lord" I murmured laying a hand over her racing heart. I waited a second, composing myself before walking out to the front, head held high.

"That'll be $17.99" I said, he handed me a twenty. I took it, putting it in the cash register, I retrieved his changed and his receipt.

"I'm having a get together friday, if you want to come by" He said slipping the changing in his wallet.

"I don't know if I'm doing anything that day, but I'll try" I said looking down, I picked at a spot on the counter where the wood was nicked.

"Well I hope to see you there" I looked up through my lashes to see him smiling. "Do you need a drive back to the store?" He asked. Shaking my head, I reached under the counter and pulled out a random box.

"No I need to do some work here" Lie.... "My sister will probably swing by and get me"

"And if she doesn't how will you get home?" I was slightly taken a back at his concern, if that indeed what it was.

"Lucy will give me a drive on her drive back home"

"Okay well see ya later" He waved leaving, the little bell jingling at the top of the door as it opened and closed. I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I knew then and there I was going to the 'get together' but a apart of me dreaded what would happen when I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are start to spark, good or bad? comment what you think about this :)

THANKIES GO TO Katycakes!!!! someoneluvsme!!!!(your profile picture is really pretty btw:] ) and Bella.Rider!!!!!