Status: Contest Entry//Finished

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

one.

My greatest possession or the one that I value the most would probably be my guitar. It’s a white piece of trash, I can honestly admit to that, I mean what guitar could possibly be good quality when it was had just recently celebrated its 25th birthday in ’06. Not very many and that was a fact, but still it was my guitar.

I guess I could thank Randy Rhoads of Quiet Riot and later on Ozzy Osbourne for getting me to pick up a guitar, or inspiring me to do so. To me my guitar isn’t just an instrument, it’s a friend and the best thing in the world for me is to hear it speak. To hear its notes ring out through my bedroom, acoustic or electric, either way they speak to me.

When you hear a musician, any musician talk about music they speak as though they’ve got pearl’s in their mouths but when a guitarist talks about music it’s a totally different level. They speak about it on a different level, like it is their lives.

After playing guitar for six years and listening to music all my life I think I finally caught on to what Tommy Lee talks about when he says music is my life, my wife and the only one who will never ever leave me. It makes me happy and only makes me sad when I want it too because in all my life I don’t think I’ve felt a tenth of the emotion for a human being as what I feel for my guitar.