Status: Depends; hopefully active

Don't Go Away

XxX 3 XxX

[“Star…What happened to your back?” It was Jasper who asked.]

“I…fell when I was younger on some rocks…” I lied feeling slightly guilty and sick from the memory of what actually happened.

“Oh.” Jasper looked away looking slightly angry.

Why would he be angry? He doesn‘t even know why I lie over things like that! My jaw clenched as I pushed my emotions away. Then I walked away to change.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We decided to go to the mall where I had gotten a new fedora and a new plaid “hockey bag” as Jasper enjoyed calling my purse. I never got that pretty black dress or those shoes that went with it. I also didn’t get the Cullens or Hales anything because I had no idea what to get them.

Right now, Bella and I followed slightly reluctant behind Alice, Rosalie, and poor Jasper as we headed into Victoria Secret.

“You two are way too similar. You both are obviously reluctant to come into this store.” Alice huffed.

“I don’t mind. Actually I come here as often as I can. It’s just kind of awkward with Jasper around; for me that is.” I motioned towards Jasper, who was silently studying the store.

“Oh…well Jasper can leave.” Rosalie offered.

“Nah, actually I wanted to head to Spencer’s or Barnes and Noble or something. I can just text Rosalie or call one of you when I’m done.” I suggested instead but still hated the idea of being by myself.

They all nodded but Jasper looked at me curiously. “Can I accompany you?” He asked.
\
I couldn’t mask my surprise very well when I met his eyes. I did see Alice smiling as me and nodding her head. So I just copied her movement and walked away with a VERY sexy man following behind me.

I weaved through the people while still trying to keep my mind blank. Yet I could feel the panic and anxiety starting to cut off my breathing. My movements started to become jerky as my eyes darted this way and that. I couldn’t help but feel like I was being watched by Blake.

Something cold gently wrapped around my arm, making me stop dead in my tracks.

~*Jasper*~

When Star turned to face me, I was reminded of a startled doe. Panic and fear came off her in waves so strong, I actually had trouble concentrating on giving her a calm and secure feeling. Star started to hold her breath for periods of time so I leaned close to her and spoke quietly. “Star?”

She didn’t answer me right away. I could feel the level of curiosity start to rise with all the people slowing down besides us. I gave off a wave of disinterest before focusing on Star.

“Talk to me.” I pleaded

Finally her eyes cleared and she spoke quietly. “I’m okay. Let’s go.” She pulled away from me but I quickly grabbed on to her hand.

I let her lead me to the store but every time I felt like she was going to dart, I held a little harder but Star never said anything because of pain but just held onto my hand tighter. Part of me enjoyed that someone wasn’t afraid of me touching them but the other part of me had this…this strange feeling to take her into my arms and hold her closer. The strangest part of this was the fact that I wasn’t sure if it was coming from her…or me…

$X$X$X$X$

$=$=Star=$=$

I was exhausted from shopping all of the day and the lethargy from the flight was starting to wear on me also. I found that every time I sat next to Jasper in a waiting chair, I would be dozing off on his shoulder when we got up to find something different.

It was awkward the first few times but soon I became too tired to care. Secretly I enjoyed it when Jasper practically made me jump on his back for a piggy back ride because he thought that I had forgotten how to walk. I did, however, almost fall on my face a few times, but that’s besides the point.

Now I was half awake as Jasper carried me out into the night air. I could hear all the voices saying something but I had no idea what it was that they were saying.

I felt myself being shifted before I was laid comfortably on something cool and strangely hard. Soon the silent purr of an engine came to life. I still barely had an idea of what was happening so I just snuggled closer to the comfortably hard thing that seemed to hold me close.

I’ve never felt this safe in almost EIGHT years.

******

My eyes opened slightly when I felt my body being lowered towards something. The first thing that came into focus was an angel. He looked at me cautiously so I smiled warmly at him.

Soft bedding cushioned my limp body. I could feel the cold arms of the angel pulling away from me. So I slowly reached out to him and was satisfied when I gently touched his soft cheek. The angel paused under my touch.

He came closer to my face when I tugged at the collar of his shirt. “No nightmares.” I whispered when they angel was only a few inches from my face. “Thank you.”

I Lightly kissed him on the cheek. I slowly sank into the dark covers of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short but I got chores to do!! Comment and thank you to who all did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)