I'll Fix You Because You Fixed Me Too

11

Charlie smiled as she felt a pair of arms wrap round her now petit waist, turning over slightly, she breathed in the faint scent of cologne.

Frank’s cologne.

She sighed as she slipped away from his grasp. Quickly tugging on a dressing gown, she tiptoed out of the room and down the stairs so Frank wasn’t disturbed or woken up.

“What am I doing?!” she thought as she flopped down onto the couch “I mean really, Frank?! Of all the people I could choose and I choose him?”

She groaned dropped her head into her hands, wanting to scream but knowing better then to do that.

She knew she couldn’t keep doing this, that it wasn’t fair to Frank.

Sure she liked Frank; he was sweet, kind, funny and very attractive.

But she didn’t want him. She never had.

It was Gerard she wanted, but for some reason she just couldn’t turn away Frank’s affection.

And, as if she didn’t have enough guilt on her mind to deal with, she knew Gerard had been talking to Frank, asking him advice on how to win her back.

They’re best friends after all; it was obvious Gerard would go to him.

So now not only was she stringing along Frank, but she was making him lie to his best friend and giving him a guilty conscience too.

The new, but familiar, pair of arms wrapped round her shoulders making her jump.

“Sorry babe, I didn’t mean to frighten you, just wondered why you’re up so late, it’s like five am!” Frank explained

“Couldn’t sleep.” Charlie replied bluntly

“Do you want me to make you some warm milk or something? You know, to help you sleep?” Frank offered

“Nah, its ok, really, go back to bed Frankie,” Charlie replied

“I don’t want to go to bed and leave you all on your own! I’ll stay up with you, I don’t mind!” Frank stated

“No, really, it’s ok; I’ll be up in a minuet anyway.” Charlie smiled at him

Frank sighed and nodded, kissing her temple before he retreated back to the bedroom.

Charlie sighed once again. Frank was also extremely thoughtful too. And the more she rejected him now, the more it hurt him, because – and she knew this full well – he was in love with her and falling more each day.

“That’s it,” she thought “I have to break it off with Frank…..but, how?”