I'll Fix You Because You Fixed Me Too

17

“So, where too Charlie-boo?” Frank asked me giggling.

“Can we go somewhere to, to talk first?” I questioned him.

“Sure.” He shrugged.

As we got out of the car to go to Star Bucks I started to panic, the whole car drive I’d been trying to figure out what to say to Frank, how to explain everything to him, without hurting him might I add.

Needles to say, I have nothing.

Oh god.

What am I going to do?!

“Charlie? You ok?” Frank asked with a worried expression.

“Yeah, fine,” I smiled at him.

He smiled back and laced his fingers through mine.

It felt so wrong.

I tried to pull away but Frank just held on and kept walking.

As we walked in a few people pointed at Frank, but for the most part people just smiled, pretty much everyone round here knows the guys so we don’t tend to get the whole teenie thing anymore.

Frank found us an empty corner and led me to one of the couches.

“Sit there, I’ll go get the drinks, caramel cream frap as usual yeah?” he asked.

I laughed and nodded.

“You know me too well,” I smiled.

“It’s a blessing and a curse!” he grinned before walking off.

The whole time Frank was gone I was trying to find a way to word what was in my head.

By the time he came back I had something, I just wasn’t sure if it was what I wanted to say or not.

“So…what’s on you’re mind?” Frank asked after five minutes of awkward silence.

“Well, I don’t know how to say this Frankie, so I’m just going to come out and say it, ok?” I told him, feeling like I was about to burst into tears.

“You don’t have to Charlie, I know what you’re gonna say, why do you think I held onto you’re hand earlier?” he half smiled “I just wanted to feel close to you for a little longer,” he finished.

“I’m so sorry Frankie, I really am, I wish I could make this work but I can’t, I’m so sorry,” I told him, praying he’d believe me.

“It’s ok Charlie, really, a relationship can’t work if a heart’s not in it, and neither of ours is fully, huh,” he said, taking hold of my hand.