I'll Fix You Because You Fixed Me Too

23

It had been months since Charlie and Gerard’s little “incident” as they had now taken to calling it.

Neither of them had spoken about it since. Both saying it was a mistake, and both thinking differently, yet to afraid to voice it encase the other didn’t agree.

After that night, Gerard returned to Lyn-Z and Charlie returned to her children.

Her and Frank had both agreed to end their affair and pursue true love.

Charlie, realising what little time she had spent with her children since her split with their father, had been busying herself with taking every available opportunity to do something with Elena and Mark.

Be it shopping for their needed – and a few desired – items, taking them for ice-cream or listening to Mark play his guitar while Elena sang along, she couldn’t spend enough time with them since she picked them up from her parents house.

Today they had had a picnic at the park and where playing on the swings.

Charlie, deciding that trying to push two children on swings at once whilst feeling as if you were going to throw up your own stomach was not something she could manage, pulled out her cell phone to call in back up.

At first she was going to call Frank, but then decided against it, texting Gerard instead.

“Hey, you up to much at the mo?” she hesitated for a moment before adding a kiss. “X”.

After a minuet she received a reply.

“Not really, y? Xx”.

She laughed at Gerard’s childishness before replying again.

“Me n d kids r at d park, wanna come? Xxx”.

“Sure b dere ASAP xxxx”.

“Ok xxxxx”.

“Awesome xxxxxx”.

“C u soon xxxxxxx”.

This game of kisses continued until Gerard begrudgingly put his phone down to drive.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Gerard asked Charlie for the millionth time.

“Yes I’m sure! Just feel a bit ill is all, its nothing to worry about, I’ve been like it for a couple months now, it lasts for a few hours after I wake up and then I’m good,” Charlie smiled at him.

At this information Gerard’s face dropped.

“Charlie?” he asked worried.

“Yes,” she replied with a smile.

“When was the last time you had a…. you know?” he questioned anxiously.

“A what?” Charlie asked confused.

“Never mind” Gerard muttered, turning his attention back to Elena.

“When was the last time I had a what?” Charlie thought “An under cooked meal? Nah that’s stupid, a sexual encounter? Well, he knows that. A perio….oh god,” she thought.

Realisation hitting her like a tone of bricks.

She quickly pulled Gerard aside before asking.

“I couldn’t be….you know, could I?”