A Ballerina in Skater Shoes

Chapter One

“And stretch.” I extend my arms and touch my toes. “Very good, now go with your partners and rehearse for the show.” ‘Kay this is awkward, my black and purple hair falls into my face. “Shaianne, do you have a group?”
“No I do not.” I stand up off of the floor.
“Why don’t you group with Emily, Ashley, and Natalya?” my eyes almost pop out of my head.
“W-with Natalya? R-really?” the hottest girl in school, and I am going to dance with her.
“Yes now go, dance!” I walk over with my eyes on the ground.
“Ummm what are you doing over here?” I didn’t say they were nice…. Well I’m bi and I think Natalya is reallllllyyyy hot, but the downside is that she is a bitch to me and my friends. “Is the lesbian deaf along with retarded?” Ashley starts to giggle.
“No, I’m dancing bitch.” I shake my hips, not being very ballerina- like.
“Guys stop fighting, we don’t like each other but we want to win right. So stop whining and let’s work on the dance. Ash, Em, work on your part and I’m going to teach Shaianne the dance.” Emily and Ashley walk toward the corner, leaving me and Natalya alone. “So um Shaianne uh-”
“It’s Shai.” I smirk. She rolls her eyes.
“When you hang out with me I’m gonna call you Anne, kay?” she smiles, I nod.
“Wh-what should I call you?” I try and smile back.
“Umm, how ‘bout Alya.” She bites her lip and bats her eyelashes. Oh my god. Her last boyfriend used to call her Alya.
“Wait, you aren’t just doing this to mess with me right?” she frowns.
“Just because my friends aren’t the best people doesn’t mean that I’m like that. I know I do act like a bitch sometimes but it’s for reputation purposes.” She whispers into my ear. I nod. “And don’t share that with any one, because you are the first person I’ve ever told that to.”
“Um, okay. S-so what are we doing for a dance?” Alya grins,
“Okay, so you know how Mrs. Pelzzi is kind of um, lez?” I nod, “well we’re doing a ballet that will…. Entertain her.” Her grin gets even wider.
“We are doing a les-sbian ballet?!” I squeal.
“Shhh!” she puts her hand over my mouth. “She’ll hear you.” I start giggling and she pinches my lips. “Be quiet! She’s coming.” I bite my tongue and Alya puts her hands on my hips. “And turn towards me, put one hand on my shoulder and pirouette.” My face is at her umm part level.
“Is this right?” I ask and stand. She nods.
“This may sound weird, but are you really bi?” I nod… “That’s cool…” she grabs my hand, awkwardness, the girl I like is holding my hand.
“Girls! Practice is over see you an Wednesday!” Alya pulls away from me and runs to her bag. I walk over to the bathrooms and change for school. I strip the black leotard and tights; put on my skinny jeans, a Panic! At the Disco t- shirt and electric blue and purple skate shoes. Wow that dance class was weird I mean, Natalya Smith was flirting with me. The most popular girl evvvvverrrrr was flirting with me. Either she has a severe mental disorder or she is bi sexual. I hope it’s the second one. And another thing she is related to Spencer Smith! Spencer Smith of Panic! At the Disco! When I first came to that preppy contraption the world calls a school I was soooo shocked that Spencer Smith’s sister was like that, I mean honestly…. She isn’t the famous one; you don’t have an excuse to be a bitch. Well she is hot, her brother is in my favorite band with two extremely hot guys, and she is at the top of the social ladder. My friends (yes I have some!) think I'm insane for liking her. We’re complete and total opposites. She is the school’s queen and I'm the loser pond scum (Ashley’s words). I would be so totally wrecked if people found out that the “Goth chick” did ballet I’d be crushed.
“Shaianne are you in here?”
“Umm ya, if you don’t mid me asking who is there?”
“It’s Alya….” Oh. Didn’t recognize her voice. I grab my bag off the tiled floor and walk out of the stall, I wave.
“Hey.” I smile slightly and turn towards the mirror to fix my hair. I take the bun down and fix my side bangs so they're in front of one eye.
“Sooo I was wonderin if you’d want a ride to school?” I look down at the sink so she doesn’t see me blush.
“Wh-what about Emily and Ashley? Don’t you usually take them?” she shrugs and sighs.
“They can walk, they have legs and can use them.” I turn toward her wide-eyed.
“What! You're going to ditch them for me!!! What about your reputation, won't people think the wrong things? I mea-”
“You like Panic! At the Disco? Seriously?” Alya asks pointing to my shirt.
“Umm ya, they're actually my favorite band. I know all the words to every single song they’ve ever written. All thirteen. And I can even play four of the songs on the guitar and drums. The bass has never been my instrument. I mean I love Brent and all but I just can't play it very well. Am I rambling? I tend to-”
“Shh.” She places a finger over my lips. I must confess I'm very tempted to bite it. I smile to myself and Alya cocks her head. “What are you smiling at?” I shake my head and bend down to pick up my bag.
“Well glare you later.” I chuckle and walk out of the bathroom and walk to the bus stop.
“Hey Shai!” I turn and smile at my best friend Pete. His hair has freaking purple in it no way!
“You like?” he spins around and poses. “Now we’re twins!” I laugh and hug him.
“I honestly wish you were my brother instead of Ren… I mean I have a quarterback for a brother! Fate has definitely not granted me with a suitable family. I'm nothing like them. My mom makes me take da-” I stop myself from saying ‘dance classes.’ “Never mind. It’s just that I wish you were my brother. Cuz you're awesome.”
“Umm Shai baby, you’d be committing incest cause you and Pete are boyfriend and girlfriend.”
“Ronnie! We are not together!” Pete yells and turns bright red.
“We all know you love are little Shai! You even told me that you thought she is so very se-”
“Shut the fuck up Ronnie!” Pete screams. I start giggling and put my hand on Pete’s shoulder.
“I think you’re cute Petie… I probably would commit incest, I’d probably kiss you and stuff.” I whisper into his ear making him turn even redder.
“Hey Anne.” I stand up straight. I turn and Natalya is walking toward Pete, Ronnie, and I.
“What do you want bitch?!” Ronnie snarls.
“Nothing you have to offer. I was actually here to offer Shaianne a ride.” Pete’s eyes look like they're gonna pop out of his head, I keep myself from laughing. “Shai are you coming?” Natalya smiles and points to her convertible blue bug. As much as I want to run and jump into her car I can’t.
“Umm do you have a brain tumor or something? I may love your brother but not you. Burn in hell whore.” I smirk and wrap my arm around Pete.
“Ha. You're just a stupid loser any way.” She turns and gets in her car and drives away.
“What a bitch. She messes with us for the fun of it. If she weren’t Spencer Smith’s sister I’d beat her ass to a pink pulp. No offense Shai.” Ronnie cracks her knuckles and glares at the spot Natalya was just standing. The yellow monster pulls up and I link my arm through Pete’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
idk if i should keep this 1 on here....

comments?
please i need to know