Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

The Beginning

Cat's POV

I lay in bed half awake and half asleep. There as a knocking on the window that just wouldn't go away. "Mollz, tell Jordan to go away and that I'm asleep." I groaned and rolled over in my soft warm bed.
"Alright already but you really should get up Cat it's 9 am." I growled and pulled the covers over my head.
"NO!" She chuckled and pulled the curtains apart.
"Jordan, go..." She stopped and sounded confused. "Cat there are two owls in our room."
"How and why?" I asked seriously as I pulled my midnight blue star and moon comforter down to my chin and sat up pushing my long, tangled, white and red hair out of my face. I saw an owl sitting on the foot of my black bed and noticed an envelope right along with it. I picked it up ad examined it carefully. "Miss Catherine Anne Sheehan, 2312 North Pine Street, The Blue Half of The Room, Dublin Ireland." I read off.
"Miss Mollie Aoife Sheehan, 2312 North Pine Street, The Yellow Half of The Room, Dublin Ireland." Mollz read off hers after me.
"How do they know what our room looks like?" I asked looking over at my sisters sunshine yellow half of our large room. My half is midnight blue and has silver stars and a moon painted on it, just like my comforter. Mollz yellow half has different colored flowers painted on it. Mom and dad could never figure out how we live together in this room. Every time they ask if we want our own rooms we just smile cutely and say no. We would miss each other if we were in different rooms, we miss each other when we go to school and we are in different classes, She is in class A and I'm in class C so we have some classes together and we have lunch together but that's it.
"I don't know Kitty, lets open them and read them." I nodded and pulled open the seal on the back of the heavy envelope. I pulled out the letter and read:

Dear Miss Sheehan,
I am pleased to inform you that you have been excepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We expect your reply no later than July 31st. Term will start on September 1st. You will find enclosed a list of school supplies and your train ticket. Take the train from Platform 9 3/4 at 11 o'clock on September 1st. Hoping you are well and wishing you a lovely rest of your holiday.
Yours Truly,
Professor M. McGonagall,
Deputy Head Mistress


I looked up from the letter and looked at my sister. "Does yours say that you're a witch and that you're going to a school for witches?" I asked bluntly and confused.
"Yep, yours?"
"Same."
"MOM! WE HAVE A PROBLEM!" We both yelled at the same time at the door. And then ran out it and down stairs.
"What is it girls?" We handed her our letters and looked at her. "Oh, is that all. I knew this day would come. BRANDON COME DOWN HERE PLEASE!" Mom called up the stairs to our father.
"Coming Cassidy!" he called back and a moment later he appeared in the kitchen tying his tie.
"Morning daddy!" Mollz and I both said hugging our father tightly.
"Morning my angels. Cassidy what's wrong?"
"The girls received their letters from Hogwarts this morning." Mom told him waving the letters in her hand.
"That's great news! Now you'll get to be with other children like you!"
"Huh?" Mollz looked puzzled
"Daddy what are you talking about?" I asked as I put strawberry jam on my bagel.
"Well girls, your witches just like your grandmother Ashling was." Dad told us as he buttered his toast.
"So are you a witch too mommy?" Mollz asked as she dumped spoon after spoon of sugar onto her frosted flakes.
"No, I'm not. I'm what they call a squib. A child born to two magical parents, your father is a muggle, or person with no magical ties." Mom told us taking the sugar away from a now frowning Mollie. "Now because you are witches and I am not, YOU two have inherited your grandmother Ashling's estate, only people with magic in them can get into the estate. Here is the key to your vault at the bank,it has been in the family for 2 millenniums, the oldest one in the bank still in use. I will take you to Diagon Alley tomorrow to buy your school things. I want you both to finish your breakfast and then go up to your room and send a reply back to the school with the owl that brought your letter. So you BOTH have to write one Cat." I looked up at her.
"Huh? What did you say, I wasn't listening." Mum rolled her eyes and repeated what she just said.
"Oh ok then." I stood up from the table and walked up to our room with Mollz right behind me. I grabbed a piece of lined paper and a blue pen and sat down on my bed.

Professor McGonagall,
I will most definitely be at Hogwarts this year. See you then.
Peace out!
Cat Sheehan


I folded it up and handed it to the large grey owl that had brought the letter. Just as the owl flew out the window Mollz ran into our room her red and white hair blowing out behind her. She handed the piece of paper that was in her hand to the golden owl sitting on her desk and it flew out the window. I looked at her and smiled as I picked up my brush and started to brush out my white and red hair.
Ok, I know what you mush be thinking,i hate my parents and dyed my hair, as did Mollz. Well that's wrong, you see when we were little our hair was bright red all over, but when we were five we both got really sick. The illness turned all of my hair white except for a little at the front and my bangs which had remained bright red and it left most of Mollie's hair red, turning only her bangs and a little at the front to white. Our hair is opposite of each other and completely natural.
As soon as my hair was brushed I straightened it and put it up in funky pig tails. I looked over at Mollz and saw that she had her hair in the usual pony tail and was slipping on some yellow shorts to go with her yellow tank top and white zip up Skittle hoodie. I smiled and went to my dresser and pulled out black shorts, a light blue tank top and my matching Skittle hoodie. We giggled and slipped our sandals on and ran down the stairs, out the door, down the street, and into the ice cream place to start our day of lazing about and doing nothing... oh wait, we do that everyday.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short I know but hey you'll get over it this one only sets everything up...
Cat's hair Mollie's hair is the opposite
Cat's eyes
Mollie's eyes