Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

Sneaky Ninjas

Cat's POV

Mollie rolled over and fell right to sleep. I smiled and pulled on my weekend cloths, black skinnies, purple lacy tank, a grey floppy vest with black lace, and my converse. I smiled again as I pulled my hair up into a pony tail and headed down the stairs and into the common room. Artemis sat there looking like she had just returned from hunting. I held my arm out to her. She flew over to me and landed there looking very content. I pushed open the portrait hold and climbed out into the hall. One glance around told me that no one was awake yet and there was no one was wandering the halls. It was October already and starting to get cold. Not cold enough that everyone was bundled up in hats, gloves, and cloaks, but cold enough that everyone but Mollie and I were running around in sweaters. I was the only one crazy enough to have on a tank top. I reached the entrance hall just as I heard someone on the stairs. I quickly jumped into a broom closet and waited. A door opened and then closed; whoever it was walked across the entrance hall and stopped. I listened carefully and heard an exasperated sigh. I cracked the door a bit and looked out; Draco was standing in a corner looking at the grand staircase expectantly. I smiled at this and opened the door.

"Waiting on someone?" He jumped and looked at me.

"No not really, just the calmest, smartest, and most beautiful girl in the school."

"Oh, well in that case I'll go fetch Hermione, shall I?" I asked seriously, well seriously to him, I knew I was just joking; he didn't need to know that yet. He glared at me. "Not Hermione? My sister then? You know she'd kill you if I went and woke her up just because you want to talk to her." his glare intensified."Not my sister either? Alright, Professor McGonagall it is." his eyes widened and him mouth dropped in shock as I laughed at him.

"Wait, you were just kidding?!" he inquired. I smiled and nodded at him.

"Yeah, I'm a jokester, so is Mollie. My mom says that we're worse than the Weasley twins put together, when were apart." he looked shocked and I smiled and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and hugged him tightly, after a second he returned the hug.

"You want to go outside now?"

"Yeah lets go."

"Don't you need a sweater?" I shook my head no and pulled him outside. "So how was your night?"

"I did all my homework and went to bed early so I could get up early this morning. I woke up when Mollie came into our room after being up all night finishing her homework and talking to George about everything. I have a feeling everything included that idiot from the other day that bowed to me."

"Calm down Cat, everyone is starting to get that you want to be normal and would probably kill anyone who treats you otherwise." Draco told me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Artemis flew down from the sky and landed on my out stretched arm. "And a good morning to you too Artemis." She nipped his ear affectionately nuzzled my cheek before she took off to follow what looked like Apollo.

"So what did you do last night?" I asked him.

"I did homework, made Pansy's life hell, and thought about you." I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled down at me and brushed my bangs away from my eyes. "Your hair is really soft." I smiled and looked down hiding a blush. "It smells nice too, like vanilla." I blushed even harder and looked away from him out over the lake.

"Thank you." I turned to look at him when I was sure my face was its normal shade of death white. I made the mistake of looking directly into those eyes of his. I get lost in them every time.

"So what do you want to do today?" he asked pulling me out of his hypnotic stair. He lifted me up and placed me on a rock to sit. I looked out over the lake and smiled.

"Besides making sure Mollie wakes up and eats before her days and nights are flipped, I want to spend all day out here in this spot."

"Your wish is my command. I shall make sure you get to do exactly that." I looked over my shoulder at him and smiled. With me sitting on this rock we were the same height, as long as he didn't sit down too. I looked back over the water and watched as the giant squid reached some of its tentacles out of the water and moved them around.

"LOOK! It's waving at us!" I laughed and waved back. Draco placed his hands on my shoulders and smiled.

"It's waving at you because you’re so pretty."

"You my friend are the cheesiest guy I have ever met. And stop saying things that aren't true."

"What have I said that's not true?" He asked. I turned on the rock and looked at him sternly.

"I'm not pretty for one. I look like a freak. I look like some parent hating, rock and roll, hair dyed freak."

"I thought you liked the way you look."

"I do and I don't care what I look like. I do however know that everyone thinks that Mollie and I look like freaks, if they say so or not I still know it. Mollie at least has some color in her skin, my skin is death white. Even you thought we looked like freaks when you first met us, so did everyone in the school the first time they saw us. Draco, why do you even hang out with me?"

"Yes that is true, but everyone also knows it's not your fault, you were sick when you were little. They are also grateful for the differences between you and Mollie's looks because otherwise you two are identical. The important thing to remember is to always be who you want to be, not who everyone else wants you to be. You want to know why I like to spend time with you? Well I like to spend time with you because I like to see the real you. You're always so stressed when you're around other people. When it's just you and someone or a few people you feel comfortable with, you relax. You're pretty all the time, I like to see you when you're beautiful. Like when you're with me, or your sister, or your other friends." I smiled at him, right answer. If he had said it was because of whom my family is I would have hexed him into oblivion.

"You really think so?"

"I know so." I smiled and hugged him tightly; he returned the hug and rubbed my back soothingly. After a bit I decided we needed to go back in for a bit before someone went looking for us.

“Mollie, you have to wake up or else you’re going to get yourself all switched up,” I whispered while shaking her awake and she cringed, “Don’t give me that look. I let you sleep six hours. Now come on before you miss lunch too."

“I want to sleep.” she swatted my hand away impatiently.

“Aguamenti.” I said lazily and set a wave of cold water run over her face.

“Was that necessary?!” she yelled angrily while bolting up and rubbing the water off her face.

“You’re awake now aren’t you?” I teased while starting to dry her mattress, pillows, and sheets with my wand.

“You really get on my nerves sometimes.” she complained while ringing out her hair.

“You love me and you know it!” I smiled up at her and she rolled her eyes before getting up and pulling a pair of jeans out of her trunk, the good thing about the weekends was that Mollie and I could wear muggle clothes and McGonagall couldn’t punish us for it even if she really wanted to sometimes because of what we choose to put on.

“So how was your walk around the lake?” she asked while pulling an old T-shirt over her head.

“It was nice,” I answered while using my wand to dry her hair, all the while thinking about the time I had and would be spending with Draco today.

“Care to be a bit more specific?” she laughed.

“There’s not much to say,” I forced a laughed in return, and she knew I was forcing it too.

“Are you okay? You’re acting weird.”

“Look who’s talking,” I teased while smirking at her and she sighed before giving up. “So what do you want to do today?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged and started brushing all of the knots out of her hair, “We have all of our homework done and there really isn’t much to do around here…”

“We’ll figure something out,” I assured her before walking out the door and down the spiral staircase. "Or rather you'll figure something out." I said to myself as I left the common room and went down to get some lunch to go from the kitchen. Once I had it I walked back up to the entrance hall and hid in a corner as I saw Mollie and Neville walk down the stairs. I waited until they were in the Great Hall and half way to Hermione before I left out the front doors. I walked over to the tree Draco was sitting under and put the food on the blanket he had placed on the ground already.

"This is nice." He commented and he poured some pumpkin juice for us.

"Yeah it is. It would be even better with some music. Hang on." I took out my want and muttered a spell and suddenly music was playing out of the end of it.

"Where did you learn that?"

"A book I was reading because I was bored." he chuckled and shook his head.

"You get bored a lot?"

"No. Not really, I can usually find something to do. I get bored when I'm stuck in my room at night, Mollie is asleep, and I can't sleep or leave."

"What do you mean?"

"Let’s put it this way. What time would you say is late?"

"Anything past eleven."

"Late for me is when the sun comes up, during the summer and winter breaks unless Mollie, mom or dad wakes me up, I do go bed when the sun goes up and wake up when the sun goes down. If I wake up before the sun goes down, that’s me waking up early."

"Ok then, so you like the night time."

“Haven't you noticed that when the sun is awake I'm cranky most days, but when the sun is asleep I'm happy. You have Astronomy with me you know what I act like at night."

"True, you are much happier when the moon is up. What's your excuse today, the sun is up and you're in a good mood." I looked at him.

"I blame you for my good mood today."

"Well that is something I will gladly take the blame for." he told me with a smile.

"Where have you been all day young lady?" Mollie asked as I climbed into the common room at around eleven that night. "And where did you get that blanket?" I was wrapped in Draco's blanket that he had brought out with the picnic blanket just in case I got cold, I did, and he told me I could keep it for as long as I wanted to.

"Mollie are we forgetting that I am the oldest again?" I teased and sat down on the couch by the fire next to Hermione and inhaled Draco's scent.

"Yes well, you're acting like you're younger than me, you disappeared all day and no one could find you. I was so worried that you had been kidnapped for ransomed or something." she exclaimed."The only good thing about today is that Dorkfoy was sick and no one saw him all day either." I smiled up at her and wrapped the blanket tighter. "Now where were you?"

"Wondering around the grounds." I told her simply, not a lie but not the whole truth either.

"And the blanket?" I looked down at the soft, well made, expensive looking emerald green comforter.

"Some guy gave it to me and told me I looked cold and that I could keep it." again not a lie, not the whole truth but still not a lie.

"Did you see who it was?"

SHIT!

"Yes,and no."

"Meaning?"

"I saw what he looked like as he walked away from me. He was taller than me and blond."

LIE! Not a complete lie but still a lie.

"Do you think he might be your secret admirer?"

No, but just so she'll get off my ass for a while.

"Maybe. It could be him, or he could have just been a kind person who wanted to keep Lady Catherine warm without pissing her off." I told her spitting out the words Lady and Catherine with as much venom as I could. "I'm tired, I'm going to bed. I'll see you guys in the morning, if I'm awake." With that I went up to my room and changed clothes. I wrapped Draco’s blanket around me again and smiled as I sat down on one of the window benches along the wall. We had windows that wrapped around out room except where the bathroom and door to the staircase were that faced into the school. I looked out over the lake and stroked the petals of one of the shooting starflowers that I had gotten for my birthday and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Hehe...I'm not an author. :) I'm Rie, Cat (timetellsall) <--her little sister/twin. :D I is also her editor, because, in case you hadn't noticed, Cat can't spell. But it's ok when you have friends like me. :) I'm willing to eidt any stories that need them. :D