Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

Love is Confusing

*Mollie’s POV*
“I hate this!” I complained as I tried to get my iPod to work, “How do they expect me to keep my anger in check if I can’t listen to my music?”
“Self control I guess,” Cat laughed while looking up over the book mom had sent her last week.
“Since when do I have any of that?” I scoffed while finally giving up before pulling my ear buds out and tossing my iPod onto my bedside table lightly.
“Hey,” Hermione said walking through the door to our dormitory with a knowing smile on her face.
“What’s with you?” Cat asked while eyeing her suspiciously.
“Oh nothing…” she sighed and jumped onto my bed.
“Spill,” I ordered her and she gave me the same knowing smile as before.
“Someone’s waiting at the bottom of the staircase for you. I overhead him telling his twin that he wants to ask you to take a walk with him,” she cooed and a bright smile spread across my face, “Don’t give it away that I told you, it’d ruin the romance in it.”
“I’m eleven, since when is there anything in my life that requires romance?” I chuckled.
“Since you fell in love George and/or Neville,” Cat replied without looking up from her book.
“I’m not in love with anyone,” I protested.
Love is too big of a word to use at age eleven.
“Just go make kissy faces with your man already,” Cat laughed and I rolled my eyes before standing up and pulling on a lime green pair of converse to go with my Sunday jeans and my light sweater.
“Have fun,” Hermione called after me as I started sprinting down the spiral staircase.
I slowed down as I approached the bottom and walked out as casually as I could manage.
“Hey Mollie!” Neville shouted from across the common room and I saw George snap his mouth shut out of the corner of my eye.
I waved to him lazily before starting to make my way over to him.
“How are you Neville?” I asked politely and he smiled brightly.
“I’m great,” he chimed and I tried to return the smile as authentically as I could, “How are you?”
“I’m okay,” I sighed and peered through a few loose strands of my hair to see George lurking nearby with Lee and Fred, “I was just about to head down to get some dinner though so I’ll talk to you later okay?”
“Well I was just about to head down too. We can walk together,” he interjected as I started to walk away.
Of course he was.
“Sure, sounds like a great idea to me Neville,” I lied as I gritted my teeth together as un-noticeably as I could manage.
His smiled brightened greatly as he climbed out of the portrait hole and then held it open for me. I heard scurrying behind us and I knew George, Fred, and Lee weren’t about to give up as easily as Neville would have hoped if he had noticed anything.
“So did you finish your essay alright after I went up last night?” I asked quietly hoping he could talk for the both of us on the way down.
“I had a bit of trouble with the ending after you left but I think I finally got it right,” he answered.
Neville had sudden lost all common knowledge when I was helping him with the essay, leading the help session to last more than three hours more than I had anticipated.
“I’m sure it’s fine,” I spoke before he could ask me to spend the night with him looking it over.
I liked Neville, I honestly did, but sometimes he had so little faith in himself that I felt like he took advantage of the help people offered.
“I guess…” he trailed off as if wanting to say more but not having the guts to do so.
“Well, thanks for walking with me Neville,” I said loudly enough for George and the others to hear behind us, “I’ll see you later.”
“I thought you were going to dinner?” he questioned me lightly as he stopped in the doorway to the Great Hall.
“I changed my mind; I’m more in the mood for a walk around the lake,” I answered and shrugged lightly as he made a movement towards me, “No no! You can go eat. I’ll be fine.”
He hesitated before turning back into the Great Hall again and then heading off inside. I sighed before heading out of the castle and onto the grounds.
“Mind if I join you?” a quiet voice asked from close behind me and I smiled to myself before looking over my shoulder to see a head of flaming red hair trailing closely behind me.
“Not at all,” I tried to keep a giggle from escaping my throat but he smiled as I failed miserably.
“So…you and Neville?” George probed as he caught up with me and I sighed.
“We’re just friends, although sometimes I think the line gets a bit blurred,” I sighed and he nodded, “So…um…how are you?”
“I’m good,” he answered simply and I bit my lip.
Well this was awkward.
“Keeping busy you know…playing some pranks,” he went on and I smiled and chuckled a bit.
“Cat didn’t appreciate the dung bomb you left on her chair in Potions Friday by the way, and neither did Snape,” I told him and he smiled brightly.
“Man, I wish I could have seen the look on Snape’s face when that dung bomb went off. I bet that it was pretty ,” he sighed as he tried to imagine it in his mind.
“I think Cat’s look was worse,” I protested and got a mental image of the worst Cat death glare I had ever seen in my life, and that’s saying something.
“She’s not going to hold a grudge is she?” he asked suddenly worried and I chuckled.
“She’ll hold it up until she gets herself some sweet vengeance,” I answered and patted his shoulder lightly; “I’d keep on your toes if I were you.”
“You wouldn’t happen to know what she’s planning would you?” he probed uneasily.
“Not a clue, nor would I tell you if I did. My loyalty lies with my sister, you can understand that, can’t you?”
I smiled up at him again and he returned it before wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into a hug.
“I understand it perfectly,” he whispered in my ear and I felt myself shiver slightly, “Are you cold?”
“A bit,” I lied and he slipped his sweater off before handing it to me, “Thanks.”
“No problem,” he sighed and I pulled it over my head to try and hide my face as I blushed, “So…um…”
I hated awkward silent moments.
“So what have you and Fred been up to besides irritating my sister?” I volunteered as we started walking again.
“Nothing much, we’ve been keeping busy with school work and some other stuff,” he explained and shoved his hands into his pockets nervously.
“Nothing I’m allowed in on I’m guessing,” I laughed and he smiled apologetically, “Don’t sweat it; I know how twin loyalty works.”
“I’m sure that there are loads of things about Cat that you’re not allowed to tell me,” he agreed and I scoffed, he had no idea, “What?”
“Nothing, I was just thinking about some of the things that you’re not allowed to know,” I waved it off and he smirked, “Don’t even try, she swore me to secrecy.”
“Oh come on, I’m not going to tell anyone,” he protested and I shook my head stubbornly.
“You know how it works, twin loyalty triumphs all others,” I sang out the last part and he rolled his eyes over dramatically, “Don’t give me that look!”
“What look?” he asked as he face turned into a stereotypical dunce face.
“You’re so weird sometimes,” I replied with a bright smile on my face and he returned it before pulling me into another tight hug, this kid really liked to hug I guess, “But I like it that way.”
“Right back at you crazy,” he whispered in my ear and shivered for the second time in mere minutes, “Are you still cold?”
“No no, I’m fine,” I assured him before pulling away and tucking his sweater around myself tighter.
I waited until his attention was focused on the surrounding area before tilted my nose down and sniffed curiously. His sweater smelled…unique, it didn’t just have one scent to it. It had a few that rolled themselves into one special one. They created George’s scent.
“So did you eat dinner yet?” George asked and I snapped back into reality.
“Not yet, I wanted to take a walk around before I did,” I answered while mentally thanking God that my hair had fallen in front of my face and he couldn’t see me blushing.
“Well we should head up before dinners over,” he said and looked over his shoulder at the distant castle that was gleaming with light.

“So he hugged you twice?” Cat asked again while munching on some of my Skittles.
“I thought we established that three hours ago when I got done telling you what happened,” I laughed and she poked her tongue out at me before going back into thinking mode, “What are you scamming?”
“Nothing,” she waved a hand in my general direction before smirking and nodding to herself.
“CAT! What are you thinking?!” I yelled and she let out long puff off air out before looking at me again.
“I’m thinking that I’m getting tired of you never doing anything about the crushes you have,” she replied, “It’s quite irritating.”
“Like you’ve made any good moves with your mystery man,” I scoffed and her eyes widened in surprise, “Just because I have little common sense and a few minor head injuries doesn’t mean I’m stupid Cat!”
“But how did you-“
“You’ve been sneaking off every night and last night you came back with some random blanket that you didn’t leave with,” I interrupted her and she bit her lip, “I’m not going to ask any questions alright. Just don’t get yourself hurt.”
“He’s not going to hurt me,” she whispered and shifted her eyes to her feet, “He doesn’t mean even to me to hurt me.”
“Liar,” I chimed and she lowered her head to the point that her hair covered every inch of it from sight, “Just watch out for him alright. I don’t want to see you get hurt and have to look at the idiot for who knows how many years.”
“What do you mean? We’re not leaving the school Mollie,” she whispered through her hair and I chuckled.
“I know, but you never told me what year he’s in,” I reminded her before patting her on the shoulder and moving to my own bed, “I’ll talk to you tomorrow, okay sis?”
“Yeah, alright,” she mumbled before slipping under her covers and rolling to the side so that her back was to me, “I loverz you Skittle Brain.”
“Loverz you too Kitty Cat,” I sighed before letting my head hit the pillow and forgetting every worry I had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter from me until I get back from California. Cat might update...not sure