Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

Learning About Me

~Mollie POV~
I let out another small dry sob as I watched the door that led into our dormitory. Why I was even bothering with this was beyond me but I needed tell Cat I was sorry for being such a brat last night. I knew deep down that she’d never fully forgive me but I needed to try. She was my twin and without her I might as well not have anything.
“Cat?” I asked expectantly as the door started to open.
“No, it’s Parvarti,” Parvarti Patil answered as she stuck her head in through the door.
“Did Cat send you?”
“No, actually George did. He’s waiting for you in the Common Room.”
“Oh, um…can you tell him that I’m busy or…something like that?” I pleaded and she blinked awkwardly, “Nevermind, just…tell him I’m getting dressed and I’ll be down soon.”
“Will do,” she chimed and then shut the door again as I threw my comforter off.
This was the last thing I needed right now. To spend another morning with George and have to watch it kill Neville and then have the deep cutting feeling of guilt swelling in my chest because I know everything Cat said last night was true. I have every right to worry about her because she’s my sister, but I went too far last night.
I pulled my T-Shirt over my head and tried to ignore the itchy feeling I felt as my frizzed hair rubbed against my neck. My sweatpants came on next and then my old ripped up pair of converse. As for my hair, it stayed in its current frizz ball form. I didn’t have the energy to care.
“Did Cat stay in here last night?” I asked Hermione quietly as I stopped half way down the spiral staircase and popped my head into the first year girls’ dormitory.
“Yeah, but she left right as the rest of us were getting up, why?” she answered and then eyed me carefully, “What’s going on?”
“Nothing you need to worry about,” I assured her and then quickly closed the door again before running down the remainder stairs.
“There you are!” George laughed as I emerged from the stairs and I tried to keep my eyes from wondering up to him as I kept walking, “Mollie?”
I needed to break ties with him. If I could do that then I could show Cat that all I need is her. She could hang out with whomever she wanted, as long as it’s not Dorkfoy as course, without anything to do with me as long as I got her to forgive me. I didn’t care what it took, I just needed her back.
“Where are you going?” George questioned me as I quickly walked towards the portrait hole.
“No where in particular,” I mumbled.
“Can I join you then?”
“Maybe another time,” I sighed and pushed the portrait hole open before scrambling out and trying not to look at George’s hurt, confused, and disappointed face.
If he knew what was going on then I’m pretty sure he would understand considering he has his own twin but, I just needed to figure things out without anyone else influencing me.
“Hi Mollie!” Neville called excitedly and I groaned quietly, “I was thinking that maybe later you could help me with-”
“Maybe tomorrow Neville. I have a lot of things to do today,” I lied and his face dropped automatically.
“Oh…okay…right, yeah tomorrow,” he stumbled over his words and I waved lamely before continuing down the hallway and down the Marble Staircase.
The noise of breakfast in the Great Hall surrounded me and echoed in every direction as I tried to escape outside without being noticed. A very familiar distant laugh from out on the grounds made me stop in tracks as Cat’s words began to repeat through my mind.

Besides when you and your lover boys walk around the lake you've almost caught me a couple of times, but I've been out there enough that I knew a few good hiding places. You know what though, we haven't even gone out to the lake in a week because you and George or you and Neville are almost always out there.

Cat was out on the grounds with her mystery man. Normally, I try to sneak up on her and catch her in the act so I could try to find out who this kid was but nothing was normal anymore. She was mad at me, I felt like an even bigger idiot than usual, and I had little interest in my two lover boys anymore.
I turned on my heel and quickly past the Great Hall again. The least I could do for her was give her a day with her mystery man without me bugging the crap out of her. That’s what I had to do, I had to work through all of curiosity and protectiveness and let her have her secrets. Easier said than done though.

“I got the snitch!” I could faintly hear Harry shout and our side of the field irrupted into applause. I however, sat in the same position that I had been in since the beginning of the game. Cat had made it bluntly obvious that she didn’t want to speak to me anytime soon; one death glare was all I needed to know that. So she sat with Hermione, Neville, Harry, and Ron while I sat off to the side of everyone by myself. Fair? I think so.
“He didn’t catch it!” Flint yelled angrily and I rolled my eyes, Slytherins just didn’t know how to admit defeat.
I pushed off of the bench and started to make my way to the exit. George flew by in an attempt to get my attention but all it did was irritate me. I knew that he meant well but this guy didn’t know when to just leave me alone. Granted, when normal people get upset over something they do, they want someone to give them a neutral point of view or whatever or just to listen but me on the other hand; I seclude myself from everyone until I figure out how to fix whatever mess I had managed to get myself into. Cat had never agreed with this tactic but it worked in the long run.
The wet leaves squished under my sneakers but that wasn’t necessarily what I was focusing on. The walks to the castle and around the grounds had always seemed so short and thrilling when I took them with Cat, less so with George and Neville but still short and thrilling, but now the walk back to the castle seemed like it would never end. Was this how it was going to be until I made things right with Cat? Was life going to be long, dull, and boring? Something told me that it would.
“Hey shortie!” Someone called and I felt a pair of arms wrap around me before I was thrown over a shoulder, “Enjoy the match?”
“George Weasley, put me down this instant!” I yelled angrily and he chuckled before bouncing off in the direction of the lake, “I mean it! Put me down right now!”
“I think you need a little fun Miss Sheehan!” he protested teasingly and I felt my chest start to swell with anger.
“Put me down!” I demanded and he looked over his shoulder shocked. I felt bad for yelling at him like that but I was in no mood for this. Plus, I promised myself that I’d stay away from the lake.
“I’m sorry, I just noticed that you were a bit down today and thought I’d try to cheer you up,” he apologized as he sat me down.
“I appreciate you trying but I just really can’t do this right now,” I tried explain and his eyebrows pulled together slightly.
I heard a group laugh erupt behind me and I turned my head to see all my friends and my sister heading back to the castle as they continued to congratulate Harry on a great match. My lungs took in air rather roughly and I tried not to focus on the way Cat was smiling. It was one of her forced smiles that only I knew. None of them knew how much she was hurting right now. Usually I was the one helping her through whatever was hurting her but this time, I was the cause of it.
“Hey guys!” George called out and my anger rose up again. How stupid was this kid going to get today?!
“Hi George! Great match!” Ron called over to his older brother with a wave.
My stomach constricted with even more guilt as Neville looked over and his face dropped at the sight of me with George. That guilt intensified greatly as Cat glanced over and tried to avoid looking at me.
“What are you two up to?” Hermione asked casually, obviously she still hadn’t heard about the fight last night though I’m sure the whole common room had been listening in.
“I was heading back to the castle when this dumb arse grabbed me,” I explained and Neville’s face brightened when I insulted George, “I’ll talk to you guys later, maybe.”
I added in the last word a second after finished the rest of the sentence before quickly walking off towards the castle like I had been doing before. I saw Neville make a movement to go with me but Cat grabbed his arm and shook her head. I wasn’t sure whether she didn’t think I was worth Neville’s time or whether she knew that I wanted to be alone, but I was grateful either way.
“Will we see you at dinner?!” Harry called and I shrugged over dramatically so that they could see, “We’ll be at Hagrid’s if you need us!”
I waved lazily over my shoulder and kept my focus on the castle. Why couldn’t everyone just see what I wanted to be alone right now? I needed time to myself. I needed…I needed Cat.

My eyes fluttered open lightly when I heard the door to our dormitory but I gave no other hint to the fact that I was still awake. Knowing Cat she would assume that I was asleep, it was three in the morning after all. She had spent the rest of the night with her mystery man and honestly, now I was glad she had found someone who made her happy like whoever he was did. I didn’t want her having to approve of George and Neville, so why should I insist on having to approve of her mystery man?
The soft sounds of her changing from her jeans and T-shirt and into her boxers and tank fluttered throughout the room and I gulped down the urge the jump up and tell her that I was sorry. No matter how much I wanted her to forgive me, I was too scared to face her yet. Was I losing maybe the only possibly of getting her to forgive me? Maybe. But that’s how I operated. To be honest, the more I thought about it, the more I saw how I was wrong. She wasn’t the weak one, I was. I might be stronger then her physically but in every way that really matters, she had always been the one who pushed me to do my best and now I didn’t know what I was capable of on my own.
“Good-night Cat,” I whispered hoping that she would hear me over the rustling of her sheets and the ringing silence that followed meant that she either hadn’t heard me or was still choosing to ignore me. I’d figure something out, I had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry we haven't updated in forever! It's my fault lol I've had block and school is INSANE! Enjoy the chapter dearies!