Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

A Sister's Love

"Should you really be doing that?" a voice asked from behind me as I sat in front of the fireplace trying to make its contents move the way I wanted it to.
"What I do is not your concern, Draco," I answered before letting my hands fall into my lap.
"You're Cat's sister, therefore you are some of my concern," he replied and sat down on the floor, a decent distant away thanks to the glare I was shooting into the fire, "Whether you like it or not, she's my best friend."
"And that makes me your concern how?" I snapped at him while twirling my pinkie around trying to at least get the fire to crackle on command.
"If you get hurt, that hurts Cat, and I don't like to see her hurt," he told me while staring at my pinkie cautiously.
"I appreciate your concern for my sister but as much as you'd like to, you can't protect her from everything. Trust me, I've tried."
"I'm not trying to protect her, I'm just looking out for her."
"Same difference," I mumbled while getting even more irritated by the minute.
"There you are," Cat said as she walked into the room and caught sight of Draco, "What are you doing in here?"
"Annoying me," I answered for him as I gave up on the fire and turned around to pet Loxie behind the ears as she left Cat's side and walked over to me.
"You two are being nice, aren't you?" Cat asked as she shot me a look.
"I'm not yelling and there's no ink on his face, is there?" I asked in reply and her slight glare turned into a smile as she chuckled, "Now that's what I call tolerance."
"Don't you mean progress?" Draco questioned and Cat bit her lip as she stopped smiling.
"Correct me again and I'll fall behind on whatever progress you managed to squeeze of me," I retorted and Loxie growled at him.
"Draco, can you help me practice some maneuvers?" Cat interjected and he nodded before standing up and walking after her and Daisy.
Loxie stared after him almost longingly and I smiled as I ran my hand down her neck.
"You can't eat him, at least not yet," I whispered to her and she plopped down on the floor as as a slight sense of disappointment filled the air.
I turned back around and refocused my eyes on the fire. If I was going to get any better at this stuff then I needed to dedicate myself.
"Not now," I scolded Loxie as she nudged my hand with her nose and she huffed before letting her head fall onto her large paws.
I scooted up closer to the fire and stared at it intently while I tried to decide on my next move. I had been able to make fire appear in the palm of my hand but I can't even get fire to do what I want. Something was wrong with that.
"Miss?" a familiar squeaky voice asked from behind me and I sighed before looking over my shoulder to see Wendy standing there, "Mistress says that dinner should be being served now."
"Alright," I mumbled while rubbing my eyes, "I'll be there in a moment, Wendy."
She bowed deeply before vanishing with a loud clicking sound. Something told me that I would never really get used to that sound, it was probably the fact that I still jumped at the presence of it.
"Mollie!" Grandma Ashling called, her ghostly voice echoing off the thick brick walls of the castle, "Hurry up! We're all waiting!"
"I'll be there in a minute!" I yelled back while trying to focus as much as my mind power as possible on the fire and trying to move it.
"Hurry up!" Cat yelled impatiently and I sighed before standing up and heading towards the door, "You better be booking it!"
"Oh shut up!" I yelled back as I took my merry old time walking down the hallway.
"Miss is wishing for you to move faster?" Iggy asked from behind me and I turned around to see him standing in the middle of the hallway.
"You managed to figure that out huh?" I joked and he smiled elfishly before silently extending his hand to me, "Thanks, Ig."
"It is my pleasure, miss," he replied as I took his hand.
The now familiar sensation of apparition overwhelmed me and I soon found myself standing outside the door to the dining room.
"Thanks Iggy," I whispered before pushing the door open and walking in.
"Well it's about time," Cat scoffed as she smiled at me and I rolled my eyes before taking my seat next to her at the long table built for at least fifty people but only set for three.
"Have a pleasant dinner," Grandma Ashling said and smiled at us before walking through the wall.
"Why isn't she staying?" Draco asked and looked at Cat and I from across the table.
"She's a ghost Draco, she can't eat. She's just been staying for dinner for the past few days to make sure Mollie doesn't murder you. But seeing as Mollie has managed to keep her dislike for you intact, she sees for need to stay any longer," Cat explained as I began to dish some food onto my plate.
"Just go with it," I added while passing the dish to Cat and then taking the next one.
"Slow down Molls," Cat laughed as she spooned a scoopful of potatoes onto her plate and then passed them to Draco.
"I'm hungry," I laughed back and smiled at her as I passed her the next dish.
"So am I but you don't see me loading my plate up with shovel loads of food!" she replied and I stuck my tongue out at her before taking the next dish into my hand.

I slipped back into the parlor and saw that the fire was still going as strongly as when I had left. With a smile forming on my face, I closed the door tightly behind me and slowly made my way over to the fire, careful to avoid the creaky floorboards. The carpet was rough against my bare legs but I paid no attention to the irritation it caused. My primary focus was the fire in front of me and trying to get it to move on my command. It was impossible. I knew it was. I just had to set my mind to me.
I took a deep breath and clenched my hands into fists for a minute before letting the muscles in my hands relax. I closed my eyes and felt the heat radiating from the fire hit my skin unevenly. It made me feel safe and vulnerable at the same time. I was safe from the world but I was at its mercy at the same time. I could bend it, move it, and create but I could never fully control it. Not yet anyway.
With another deep breath I opened my eyes and let my elbows rest on my knees as I held my hands out in front of me. I twisted one of my hands around in a circle. Nothing happened. I twisted both of them around in a circle. Nothing happened. I pulled them back towards me a bit. Nothing happened.
"I have got to be over thinking this," I sighed and tried to remember what Grandma Ashling had told me during my training earlier.
If you think too much about it, you'll never get it right.
I sighed again before closing my eyes and raising my hands in front of me again. I cleared my mind as thoroughly as I could before I starting my hands back and forth. I could tell nothing was happening. I could fell it.
Don't think about it.[i/] I reminded myself.
I kept my hands moving as I thought of the first thing that came to my mind, George. His fiery red hair and countless freckles. The way he treated me like I wanted to be treated, just like everyone else that is. The way he knew nearly everything that went through my mind. How he didn't mind tutoring[i/] me in my classes. The way he-
I could feel it! It was moving! My eyes shot open and I nearly gasped when I saw that the fire was actually moving with my hands. Back and forth. In circles. It moved with me. No, it was me. The fire was a part of me.
My smile grew to fill my whole face and scooted forward as I started to try to push and pull the fire. It worked. I tried making it go in looped circles. It worked. I tried making it go out of the fire place, over my head, and back in. I nearly caught my hair on fire but it worked.
"What are you doing?" Someone asked from behind me and I jumped in surprise, causing the string of fire I was currently experimenting with to land on my arms.
I lead out a loud cry and quickly tried to extinguish the flames with my hands.
"What is going on here?" Grandma Ashling nearly screamed as she floated through the wall, "Draco, was that you who screamed?"
"No-ooo," he stammered and Grandma Ashling looked down to see me on the floor patting the last of the flames out as tears began to run down my cheeks.
"Oh my," she whispered before floating down next to me so she could examine the damage.
"What's going on? I thought I heard someone scream," Cat said as she entered the room through the doorway, "Draco what's going on?"
I later assumed that Draco must have been in too much shock from seeing me catch on fire to be able to talk because he didn't say a word but Cat was suddenly by my side. It would have taken her a few more seconds to realize I was there if Draco hadn't pointed or gestured towards me.
"Take your sister to her tower Cat," Grandma Ashling instructed before looking over her shoulder at the doorway, "Wendy, please fill Mollie's bathtub with the coldest water you can find."
"Yes miss," Wendy squeaked and a second later there was a loud pop that told me she had left.
"Come on, Mollie," Cat whispered to me and tried to lift me up from where I was sitting.
"Don't touch me," I nearly begged as she failed to get me up.
"You have to get up, Mollie," Grandma Ashling protested and I looked up at her pleadingly, "Please sweetheart?"
I rubbed my tears away with my shoulder before swinging forward onto my knees and then slowly getting to my feet.
"Hurry now Cat," Grandma Ashling instructed before floating through a wall and disappearing.
Cat gently rapped her arm around my shoulder as she steered me down countless hallways and a few passages I had yet to discover yet. My arms were stinging to the point where it was nearly unbearable and I had to fight down the urge I had to start screaming. Screaming wouldn't help anything, if anything it would just make it worse.
"Are we almost there?" I whimpered out as Cat opened a door and then gently pushed me forward and through it.
"Almost," she replied and rubbed my shoulder soothingly.
"Good," I half laughed and she smiled lightly before steering me down a familiar hallway.
"Wendy has the bathtub ready for miss," Iggy informed us as we passed him and I nodded in comprehension, "Will miss be needing anything else?"
"If you could Iggy, please do go and get Draco from the parlor and bring him to my tower for me," Cat replied.
"It's about time," Grandma Ashling sighed as I hurried up the stairs to the tower with Cat close behind me, "Cat I'm going to need your help."
"What do I need to do?"
"I need you to do what Mollie was doing with the fire before she hurt herself, but with the water," Grandma Ashling explained, "I need you to bend it and wrap it around Mollie's arms."
"I...I haven't practiced that yet," Cat stammered as I walked into the bathroom to see Wendy pouring a large bucket of ice cubes into the bathroom, most of the water seemed to be ice cubes.
Grandma Ashling mumbled something to Cat in the other room as Wendy began to help me get my shirt off.
"It's not going to work Wendy, the fabric is melted to my skin," I whispered.
"No worries miss," Wendy squeaked before snapping her fingers so that the part of the clothing that hadn't been melted to my skin tore away, "Elf magic has many great benefits."
"Are you ready, Mollie?" Cat asked as she walked into the room with a look of determination on her face.
"Whenever you are," I replied and knelt down by the tub by her side.
"Alright."
Cat stared at the water in the tub for a moment or two before sighing deeply and raising her hands up. I wasn't sure what she was attempting to do, but I could tell that whatever she was trying to do wasn't happening. She tried again and then again and then again. A look of frustration appeared on her face as she moved her hands in various ways and then dropped them down to the side of the tub.
"You're thinking too much," I whispered while trying to keep myself from shoving my arms into the ice, "You need to stop trying to much. Close your eyes."
"How will I know if it's working then?"
"Trust me, you'll know," I assured her as I recalled how I could literally feel the fire moving with my body, "Just trust me, Cat. Close your eyes."
She did so.
"Now, stop worrying about the water. Think about something else. Anything else. Something that makes you happy. Do you have it?" she nodded, "Alright, now raise your hands. Move your hands. Keep them moving. Don't stop. Now think of every possible reason that your happy thing makes you so happy. List the reasons but keep your hands moving."
I bit down on my lip and waited for a few seconds. Nothing happened at first but then the water from the tub started to rise into the air and move with her hands. She must have sensed it, I knew she did, because her eyes suddenly flew open and she started beaming.
"Good!" Grandma Ashling praised, "Now bend the water around Mollie's arms."
I held out my arms and tried not to flinch as the cold water started moving closer to me. Cat was having difficulty getting the water to bend the right way but eventually she got the water molecules to wrap their way around my badly burned and scared arms.
"Now, let the water go Cat. Let it do its job," Grandma Ashling instructed softly and Cat slowly lowered her hands.
What happened next truly stunned me. The water didn't fall like my fire had. It simply continued to circle my arms before it found what it was looking for and then slowly in-closed them. It rested on the top layer of my burnt flesh for a moment before sinking into my skin and disappearing. The burns automatically started to heal. The pieces of melted clothing slowly began to peel away and then fall off. The scars automatically started to shrink and then disappear all together. Soon enough, my arms were back to normal. Not a burn, scar, or clothing partical in site.
"What was that?" I choked out in amazement and Grandma Ashling chuckled.
"That was your sisters love for you making everything better," she explained and Cat and I both looked up at her confused, "Water has magical healing powers and when your sister conbined that with her love for you, the thing that was causing you pain didn't stand a chance."
"So does that mean I can heal Cat with my fire?" I asked uncertainly and she laughed before shaking her head no, "Yeah, I doubted it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long...busy...new ideas...school...work...parents. You know, the usual for me haha Hope you guys liked it.