Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

Fire and Water

“He’s still staring at you again,” Cat whispered to me and I looked through my hair and over at a table a few feet away to see Jordan, Fred, and a staring George working on their homework, “It’s almost been a week, Mollie.”

“I’m an idiot,” I mumbled and whined quietly before letting my head fall into my potions book, “I never should have gotten mad at him for something so stupid!”

“Tell that to him, not us,” Hermione replied without looking up from her potions book and piece of parchment.

“Here’s your chance, too, he’s coming over,” Cat said and smiled at me before looking back down at her book again.

“That’s Fred, Cat. Not George,” I chuckled and I saw her roll her eyes as Fred placed his hands down on the table next to me, “Yes?”

“Care to take a walk with me, Lady Mollie?” he asked teasingly and I glared lightly at him before closing my potions book and picking up my school bag.

“Meet me back in the common room?” I whispered to Cat and she nodded non-discreetly as she continued so stare at her potions book, “Where to Fred?”

“I’m George,” he replied with a smile and I rolled my eyes before walking towards the exit of the library, “How’d you know?”

“I’m a twin too stupid, I notice the small differences,” I laughed and nudged him in the side, “You two walk differently.”

“Oh?” he probed and raised an eyebrow at me.

“Cat may not have noticed yet it but I did. It’s easy to spot once you know what you’re looking for,” I explained and he nodded his head, “Besides, George never would have called me Lady Mollie. He knows by now that usually gets him smacked upside the head.”

“I’ll keep that in mind for next time I try to trick you,” he chuckled and I smiled up at him before staring down the disserted corridor that we were heading down, “So about this fight with my brother…”

“He told you, huh?” I sighed and looked down at my feet.

“He didn’t really have to. I could sense that he was upset and you’re the only logical reason I could come up with for his lack of spirit,” he answered and smiled at his smarts, “It made a lot more sense once he explained it all to me though.”

“Wait, he explained everything to you?” I demanded as my head snapped in his direction.

“I didn’t really give him a choice. I had him in a headlock for half the night before he finally caved. You’re not going to set me on fire, are you?” he teased and I sighed heavily again.

“I don’t think I could even if I wanted to,” I mumbled and he pouted, “What?”

“George told me that you don’t have faith in your skills but I didn’t believe him. I never thought that I’d hear the day that you said you couldn’t do anything.”

“Neither did George,” I laughed.

“He really misses talking to you, you know,” he whispered and I nodded as I stopped walking and leaned against the wall, “Are you still mad at him?”

“No, I stopped being mad at him about five days ago. I’ve just been too worried that he’ll be mad at me to even try talking to him,” I replied and brushed a strand of white hair out of my eyes.

“That’s implying that he would even be able to stay mad at you dear,” Fred laughed and I smiled in response as I continued to stare at my feet, “What’s really bothering you?”

“I never wanted any of this Fred,” I sighed and let my head fall against the wall as I closed my eyes and sunk down to floor, “I never wanted to be a witch or to be the sun or have to save the world.”

“That’s the funny thing about life I guess,” he replied and sat down next to me, “You never know what to expect out of it.”

“I think anyone who’s met you and George has figured that part out,” I teased and he smiled down at me.

“All joking aside though,” he continued and got a strangely serious expression on his face, “I think you’re going to make a great moon.”

“I doubt it,” I laughed and he held up his hand to stop me from continuing.

“Mollie, you need to stop doubting yourself-”

“Fred,” I interrupted him as I laughed and he raised an eyebrow at me, “Cat’s the moon. I’m the sun.”

“Are you sure?” he replied after a few seconds and I smiled before holding out my hand.

“Yes sir,” I laughed and he watched in amazement as my usual palm sized fire ball materialized.

“Wicked,” he mused and stared wide eyed at it, “Can I touch it?”

“It’s fire, Fred,” George laughed and I looked up to see him standing a few feet away, “Hey.”

“Hey yourself,” I replied and smiled as I closed my palm to extinguish the fire before letting my hand fall back down to my side.

“Oh darn! I just remembered that I have to finish my potions essay!” Fred announced after a few seconds of silence and hurriedly stood up before jogging lightly down the corridor, accidently taking my bag with him.

“Mind if I sit next to you?” George asked and I shook my head before looking down at my lap, “Can we talk about what happened?”

“There’s nothing to talk about,” I whispered, “I was being an egotistical arse.”

“You were not,” he laughed and nudged me lightly; “You were just be the same stubborn Mollie that I like to call my best friend.”

“How you put up with me so easily is beyond me,” I replied and his smile grew as he stood up again and extended his hand out to me, “Where are we going?”

“Does it matter?” he questioned as he pulled me to my feet and then slowly let go of my hand.

“Not really,” I chuckled and brushed another strand of hair out of my face as I blushed lightly.

“Well come on then,” he laughed and motioned for me to follow him as he started down the corridor.

“Don’t you have charms homework that you should be working on?” I teased and he shrugged, “George, I don’t want you skipping out on homework just to spend time with me.”

“I can do it tonight,” he replied and smiled down at me again.

“Well…oh fine,” I sighed before taking the hand he had extended to me and running along the corridor with him, “You know where we’re going right?”

“It’s a possibility,” he answered as he smirked at me over his shoulder and I couldn’t help but to laugh carelessly as we passed the stairway that down to dungeons, “What’s so funny? Did I say something?”

“It’s a possibility,” I mocked him teasingly and his face broke out into a smile again before he started to laugh with me and we ran out of the castle and onto the grounds.

Our laughter continued without interruption and didn’t cease until he had successfully dragged me down to lake. There were two chairs shaped from the snow at the water’s edge and I smiled at the thought of how much my sister could accomplish already.

“Your sister told me something that might help you advance,” George said as he carefully sat down in one of the snow chairs.

“Oh?” I questioned and resisted the urge to test Cat’s new theory of George being my soul mate by creating a new fireball.

“She said that since we’re such good friends, it may help if I was with you while you practiced,” he answered and I considered the thought as I sat down in the second chair.

“There would always be the chance of me losing control of the fire if it got too big and that could bring harm to you, George,” I replied and his usual carefree smirk quickly appeared on his face.

“Danger is my middle name,” he spoke and wiggled his eyebrows playfully at me.

“Really? I thought it was-”

“Would you just go with my jokes for once!” he protested and interrupted me mid-sentence.

“I think you’re forgetting that for them to be classified as jokes, they have to be funny,” I retorted and his eyes widened as he stared at me.

“You little brat!” he replied and I jumped up from my chair as he lunged at me.

“You’ll never catch me, Weasley!” I called over my shoulder as I started to run around the perimeter of the lake.

“I think you’re forgetting that I have longer legs!” he replied and moments later I felt my body bend backwards as I was flipped upside down and slung over his shoulder, “See!”

“You have an unfair advantage!” I protested and tried to wiggle my way out of his grasp.

“And I use it to my advantage!” he replied before tossing me carelessly into the lake.

The cold water rushed around me and I swallowed a mouth full of it in my attempt to get back to the surface.

“You ignorant arse face!” I yelled as I managed to break the surface and started spurting up water.

I took his hand as he apologetically extended it to me and tugged heavily causing him to fall into the water next to me.

“Now we’re even,” I laughed as he resurfaced and spit out a mouth full of water.

“What would you have done if you pulled me into a block of ice, huh?” he questioned and splashed some water at me.

“I didn’t see you thinking about that when you threw me in,” I answered and splashed him back playfully.

“I made sure not to throw you into any ice!” he protested and splashed me back, “You’re too cool for the ice!”

“Jerk face!” I laughed and sprang forward before trying to dunk him down into the water.

His head bobbed down into the water for a few seconds before he escaped my grip and came back to the surface laughing. I smiled at him as he shook his head and the Giant Squid came to the surface a hundred or so feet away before disappearing again.

“Are we even now?” he questioned and I shrugged as I struggled to stay afloat in freezing water, “Come on, let’s get out of this stuff and go get some cocoa from the kitchens.”

“Don’t tell me what to do Weasley,” I teased and pushed his shoulder playfully.

“I’ll do what I want,” he laughed and poked my shoulder with his index finger in response.

Our smiles both grew in size and I suddenly saw something in his facial expression that I had never seen before. A sort of dead serious look that implied that he was trying to decipher some sort of code. A code that he’d been trying to figure out for a long time. One that could make or break something that was extremely important to him.

“Oh my god! What was that?” I screamed as I felt something slimy and large brush up against my leg.

I jumped in surprise and disgust before clinging to George in a feeble attempt to protect myself.

“It was probably just the squid, Mollie,” he laughed and held me so that I was no longer bobbing around in a struggle, “It probably thought that you were Cat.”

“Well I’m not!” I yelled and shivered as a slimy tentacle brushed past my leg again as it swam away in disappointment.

“It’s gone, you can calm down,” he assured me and chuckled lightly as I glared at him, “What?”

“You’re laughing at me,” I stated and pursed out my lips in annoyance.

“No, I’m simply amused at how silly it is for you to react this way to the harmless squid,” he replied and smiled.

“React how?” I demanded in response and he motioned to the way I was still clinging to him, “Oh…right.”

It was at that moment that I suddenly realized just how close I was to George at that moment. Every breath that he let out found its way across my cheek and I could feel his hands pressing into the small of my back as he attempted to keep us both afloat.

“We should get back to the castle,” I mumbled without looking at him and as I started to un-wrap my legs from his waist.

“You’re not mad at me again, are you?” he questioned worriedly and I shook my head no before starting to swim the short distance back to the grounds, “Mollie?”

“Yes?” I whispered as I sat down in a pile of snow and waited for him to come out of the lake.

“Forget it, it’s not important,” he replied and looked away from me before I could examine his facial expression, “Come on, let’s get back to the common room before you get sick and your sister kills me.”

“She wouldn’t kill you,” I protested playfully and took his hand as he extended it to me, “She’d just be very upset with you and possibly knock you around a tad.”

“Oh, is that all?” he wondered and smiled at me again.

“I don’t know actually. It could go either with way with that one to be perfectly honest with you,” I laughed as we began to run through the snow and towards the castle with our hands tightly interlocked.

“So I’ve noticed!” he joked and I smiled at the back of his head as he led the way and I made a mental note to tell Cat about how amazing her lake had turned out to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I ONCE AGAIN apologize for the slow updates on my part of this story. I've been lazy...I admit it lol Love you guys! Hope you enjoy!
<3 Mollie
Don't be a silent reader!