Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

Dorkfoy Clan are duffuses...

Cat's POV

Tom ushered us threw the archway and into a bustling street.
"Anything else I can help you with Cassidy?" He asked giving our mom a large grin, we could see he was missing several teeth.
"No thank you Tom I'm sure we're fine, we will come back to the Leaky Cauldron later for dinner and we will need a place to stay for the night. It's too far to travel home tonight." mom told him smiling.
"I shall make arrangements for you then, have a lovely day Cassidy, Lady Catherine, Lady Mollie." He gave a slight nod to our mom and bowed to us as he went back threw the archway.
"Mommy, why did he bow to us?" Mollz asked looking confused.
"Mommy why did he call us Lady Catherine and Lady Mollie?" I asked just as confused. She started walking and we walked slightly behind her, our elbows linked.
"Because girls, in this world my mother's family is the closest thing we have to royalty. The Moore's are a VERY old, VERY rich, and VERY powerful and influential family. If you belong to that particular Moore line and you have magical abilities you are considered to be like a princess or, if you're older, a queen. Even though I'm a member of the line and your mother, they consider me to be little more than your lady in waiting of sorts because I have no magical abilities." She explained as we walked down the crowded street, people were practically jumping out of mom's way as she walked ahead of us.
"But that's not fair mommy!" Mollie complained.
"We would never think of you as anything but our mommy mommy!" I added.
She turned her head and smiled at us.
"I know girls, and if you keep the grounded attitude you have right now then you will stay perfect, caring, sweet, and kind young lady's. Don't let power or popularity go to your heads."
"Mommy you know that the only friends we have are each other, we don't need anyone else but you and daddy!" I told her confidently. Mollz nodded, silently agreeing with my statement.
"That is sweet girls but you will find some people that will except you for who you are and you will want to be friends with them."
We had now reached a large white marble building and mom was leading us up the stairs. Mollie and I looked at the small, large footed, ugly men next to the door. Mom led us threw both sets of doors and to a line. Another ugly man, this one behind the counter, jumped and spilled a large pile of sapphires onto the floor.
"Miss Cassidy! So nice to see you! This must be the Ladies Catherine and Mollie!"
Mom chuckled a little and nodded.
"They need to start a withdraw roll and they will need their necklaces and rings from the vault as well."
Molls and I looked at each other and shrugged not caring at all. Then we looked at the next line over and saw a boy with black hair and glasses and a VERY large man talking to yet another ugly man behind a counter. The boy looked up at us and waved a little. We smiled at him and waved back. He smiled in return and turned back to the tall man he was with.
"Alright girls, Gorbolg is going to take us down to the vault. Lets go."
We followed mom and the ugly man over to a side door and into a earthen tunnel lit by torches. The man gave a whistle and a cart pulled up on a set of tracks. Mom instructed us to climb in. Once the four of us were situated the cart took off at a blinding speed. Mollie looked at me and I looked at her causing both of us to smile deviously.
"ROLLER COASTER!!!!!!" We screamed together and threw up our arms and started to yell like we were on a roller coaster the the amusement park. We heard the man chuckle and mom let out an exasperated breath. We appeared to be going down even farther under the city of London then we had on the Underground. We passed huge underground lakes, even larger rock formations, and blasts of fire. The temperature dropped every second that we were on this awesome and crazy ride. Finally after who knows how long the cart slowed and then stopped next to a GINORMOUS metal door with the word MOORE printed on it in large letters.
"Vault number One, the Moore family vault." He walked up to the door and stroked it with one of his abnormally long fingers. "Once you two have your rings and necklaces the doors will only open if one or both of you is near and wearing your jewelry," The man told us.
"This means girls that you had better not EVER take them off unless you're swimming or showering and then I want you to put them some where where no one will take them. DO NOT LOOSE THEM!"
"Yes mommy." We both said as we looked at the door that had just now opened and was spewing a lot of green smoke. The man walked in and we followed him, mom followed us. The man walked over to a pile and picked up two velvet boxes. He handed us each one while mom walked around filling up two velvet bags. I opened mine and looked at it. Inside lay a necklace and a ring that looked like suns.
"It's yellow!" I complained at the same time Mollie complained "It's blue!"
I looked at her.
"Wanna trade?"
"YES!" she yelled and took the box from my hand and shoved the other into my chest.
"Watch the boobs Moll." I grumbled rubbing my now aching boobs.
"Sorry Cat." She said and hugged me crushing the box into my boobs yet again.
"MOLLIE AOFIE SHEEHAN! WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT MY BOOBS!!!"
She quickly let me go and blushed light scarlet as she mumbled an apology and something about not knowing the feeling because she didn't have any.
"Girls! Don't test my patents today please!"
"Sorry mommy!" We both said.
"Sorry again Cat."Mollie whispered to me as she put on her sun jewelry. I looked down at the box in my hand. The blue and silver necklace and ring looked like a moon and a star. I smiled as I slipped them on. The shirts Mollie and I were wearing today were just low enough to show the pendents but not our cleavage, mine anyway. A feat that I assure you we were VERY happy with.
"The rings go on your left ring finger by the way girls."
I grumbled as I took the ring off my right ring finger and placed it on my left as Mollie did the same.
"Good no lets go. Here," she handed us each a black velvet bag that was very heavy. "put this in your purses and don't loose it, this is your money, the gold ones are galleons, the silver are sickles, and the bronze ones are knuts."
We both nodded as we pulled our backpack purses off our backs and placed the heavy bags of money inside them. I placed my panda on my back as Mollie swung her Black Labrador onto her back. We got into the cart and rocketed off to towards the surface. One more crazy cart ride later we were walking down the street again. Mom stopped in front of a shop and told us to go in and get our school uniforms while she went to the book store to get our books.
"UNIFORMS!!" We both yelled and glared at her.
"Yes uniforms now scoot!" she scolded as she pushed us into the store. A plump lady with a kind face looked at us and smiled.
"What school dearies?"
"Hogwarts." We both chimed at the same time not looking very pleased at the prospect of uniforms.
"Well come on back I have two boys being fitted for Hogwarts right now."
We nodded and followed her back where she had us stand on stools as she looked at the two boys who were talking. I stood next to the blond and Mollie stood next to me. I looked at the other boy and smiled.
"You're the boy from earlier!" I said excitedly and smiled at him as Mollie turned and did the same. He smiled and nodded at us as the blond turned to look at us.
"What on earth did you do to your hair?"
"We didn't do anything, it just grows like that." Molls shot angrily at him. He looked very offended, however he was very cute. I smiled at him and he just looked at me. I rolled my eyes and turned to the lady.
"What are your names my dears you look vaguely familiar."
"Cat and Mollie Sheehan." I told her warmly,she was nice, I liked her.
"Sheehan? What are your parent's names?"
"Brandon and Cassidy Sheehan." Mollie told her just as warmly.
"I don't think I know them, what is your mother's maiden name?"
"Oh, mom? She was Cassiday Moore before she married dad." She looked shocked and I herd the boy next to me gasp.
"Was your grandmother Ashling Moore?"
"Yes she was." we chimed at the same time. She smiled at us warmly.
"It is a great honor that you are here. Let me use the best material I have for your robes please?" She looked at us with pleading eyes.
"Of course you may!" I told her with a gentle smile. Her smile widened and she bowed to us and got right to work.
The boy from the bank looked at us and apparently saw our hair for the first time. He looked confused and looked at us.
"How does your hair grow like that? Is it magic?"
"No." Both of us stated simply.
"When we were little we both got really sick and the illness did this to our hair, we like it so much, and it makes it easier to tell us apart, so we leave it like this." I told them.
"Mom used to dye our hair to match but when we turned eight we didn't let her anymore." Mollie added.
"That's it, you're done." A lady said to the boy and he left saying he would see us at school. Mollie and I said good-bye to him and smiled.
"I'm Malfoy by the way, Draco Malfoy. it is a pleasure to meet you." the blonde boy smirked our way. "If you like I can show you the right and wrong sort of people to hang out with in this world. I know you don't know because you were raised by a muggle and a squib." He spat out the words muggle and squib like the were the dirtiest words on the planet.
"Sorry Maltoy..." Mollie began.
"It's Malfoy, actually." he corrected.
Mollie glared at him in return as I stifled a giggle as I knew he had just made a very formidable enemy in my baby twin sister.
"I don't care if it's Dorkfoy, do not interrupt me when I talk!" I was full out laughing now. "we can tell the wrong sort of ourselves and besides, it doesn't matter because all we need is each other. We are the only friends we need, so push of." Mollie growled. The lady looked up at us and smiled.
"You're done my dears. Angora wool, cashmere, and satin." We smiled at her and payed for the clothes before walking out, Mollie still fuming at the boy. Mom was waiting for us with two bags of books, two cauldrons, two sets of scales, two sets of potion ingredients, two sets of pliles and two bags of paper and...are those feathers and bottles of ink?
"Good you got your uniforms, I have your potion things, your telescopes, your books, and your parchment, ink and quills."
"We have to use quills like old people?" Mollie asked. Mom chuckled.
"It's a lot harder to pull pranks on people if they use quills because you can't charm a quill to blow up the ink reserve after you start to write, it's much more practical." we nodded and smiled at mom. "Now then, to get your wands."
"WANDS?!" We both questioned.
"How else did you think you would be doing magic?" She chuckled again as she led us into a dark store that said Olivander's on the sign above the door. We walked in a mom put everything down as she sat down on a spindly stool. About a second later a creepy man with big searching eyes walked out of a back room.
"AH! I knew that if your Harry Potter was starting school so you two lovely ladies!" The man said excitedly. We looked at each other and shrugged. He walked over to us and started measuring us with tape measures. "I have the perfect wands for you both. I made them years ago just for the two of you. Now it's the wand the chooses the wizard not the wizard that chooses the wand but I know these wands are for you because I made them the day you were born and they choose you that day." Mollie and I looked at each other very confused.
"Mr. Olivander was a good friend of your grandmother Ashling." mom explained after seeing us exchange our confused look. We nodded and smiled at him. He handed us each a box and we took the lids off of them. I looked down at the stick of wood in the box. It was a kind of silvery white.
"Lady Catherine, your wand is 13 inches long, made of moon birch, and has a tail feather of the moon phoenix at it's core. One of the two most powerful wands I've ever made." I picked it up and felt a surge of warmth go up my arm and into the rest of my body. I could literally feel the power. Mollie was looking at her wand too. "Lady Mollie, your wand is 14 1/2 inches long, made of sun hedge, and it has a tail feather of the sun phoenix at it's core. The other of the two most powerful wands I've ever made." Mollie picked it up and I could see on her face that she was experiencing the same thing that I was. We looked at mom and saw she was smiling at us.
"Your grandmother had these made for you two the day you were born. She already payed for them, we just had to come and get them." we smiled at her and then smiled at Mr. Olivander as we hugged him. He seemed shocked at our sudden antics but he hugged us back nonetheless.
"You two are destined for greatness. How could you not be?" he told us smiling.
We looked at each other confused, yet again, but shrugged it off before we waved goodbye to Mr.Olivander.
"We have one more stop to make."
"Where are we going?" We asked.
"You'll see. Mollie what is wrong with you?" Mom asked as she turned to look at us and saw Mollie glaring at someone. I followed he gaze and saw the cute, I mean evil blond boy from earlier.
"You should keep you children under better control. If you let them run wild the will disgrace you by doing rebellious things like ruining their appearance by altering their hair." I cruel looking man that looked like an older version of the blond boy said to mother. I hope the kid is not as mean as his dad is.
"Why whatever do you mean sir? My girls didn't alter their hair? It grows like that naturally." My mother said as sweetly as possible.
"How could that be possible. Everyone up and down the street is saying that they look ridiculous and that they have brought shame to your family." he sneered. We stepped up in front of him in between him and mom.
"It just so happens that an illness when we were younger made our hair grow like this." I told him.
"Unlike you two who have seemed to alter your hair style with bacon fat! Besides, we don't care what other people think of us. If they have a problem with us they should say so to our face and we'll kick their arses for it too." Mollie added.
Her temper was starting to get the best of her, she really was very hungry by now. Mollie + hungry= PISSY! Me I'm just a grouch in general when the sun is awake. When the sun is sleeping I'm a happy girl.
"You'll want to watch who your brats talk out of turn to Madame. I'm one they should not talk out of turn to." the man sneered at us. "Children should be seen and not heard."
I looked at him innocently, never a good sign.
"And snotty people should go live under a rock with the slugs they act like." I told him as sweetly as I possibly could.
"CATHERINE ANNE SHEEHAN!" Mom scolded me shocked that I would say something like that.
"Tie your tongue girl." the man said darkly.
"We don't have to listen to you." Mollie told him smugly.
"Oh? And why is that?" he sneered again.
"Because," she started innocently, "we're OBVIOUSLY better than the Malfoy family."
He glared at her angrily.
"What makes you think that?" He snarled. I looked at him with a sweat smile on my face.
"Because we are the grand-daughters of Ashling Moore." I told him before linking arms with Mollie and pushing past him on our way to where we were headed.
"Normally I would be furious with you but seeing as it was Lucious Malfoy he deserved it and you handled it quite well. Very good girls."
"You know him?" We both asked shocked as we each took one of her hands.
She had told Mr.Olivander to send all of our things back to out house in Dublin so we didn't have to carry them anymore. We each kept our wand and a spell book though so we could practice tonight in our room.
"Yes, he used to follow me around like a lost puppy at family parties, well until that is he found out I was a squib anyway. Apparently he married Narcissa Black, snotty woman,and they appear to have had a little brat replica of themselves. Watch out for that boy." she warned us as she walked into another shop.
"Mollie already hates him. He was getting fitted at the uniform shop at the same time we were. He made my hungry little Mollie very angry."
Mom gasped.
"I FORGOT YOU WERE HUNGRY! I was going to feed you lunch and then I guess I forgot!" She glanced down at her watch. "Well we're eating supper in two hours so we'll go to Florians after this and get some ice cream hows that?"
"WOOOOHOOO!!!! YAY ICE CREAM!!" We cheered.
"SSSSHHHHHH!" We were scolded as an old woman came out of a room "You two are too loud, you're scaring the animals!" she whisper yelled at us.
"Sorry." we mumbled to her.
She nodded and set two cages on the counter in front of us. One said Cat the other said Mollie on the cage cover. We walked up to them and pulled the cover off our respective cage. Under my sheet was a beautiful swan like bird. The only difference between it and a swan was the color, the shape of the beak,and the VERY long tail feathers. The bird was midnight blue and silver with a sharp beak. I looked at the cage and saw it came apart into a stand. Mollie's bird was just like mine only it was fire red, bright orange, and gold. I opened the cage and the bird climbed out onto my arm and up to my shoulder. She was cool next to my cheek. Mollie did the same thing.
"It's hot!" She exclaimed.
"Really mine is cool." I told her stroking the bird's soft feathers. The lady looked at us.
"It is true then. Girls, these are phoenixes, the phoenix you hold is the one who gave the feather for your wand. They are now yours. Do not think of them as pets, think of them as companions. Lady Catherine, yours is a female. Lady Mollie, yours is a male. Name them well. They are the King and Queen of the phoenix world as well as being twins like you two." I looked at the beautiful creature on my arm.
"Artemis, goddess of the moon and the hunt." She bent her head down and clipped my ear affectionately. Mollie was looking at her phoenix confused.
"Cat, what is a good name to go with Artemis?"
I chuckled.
"Were you asleep in Greek mythology last year?"
"Yes every day. It didn't interest me. You loved it so I just copied your notes at home."
I rolled my eyes.
"Artemis is the twin of Apollo the god of the sun and music."
"OH! Then Apollo it is!" she exclaimed happily the bird stretched it's neck out and made a sound kind of like laughter.
" I think Apollo is laughing at you." I told her while I chuckled and Artemis made a sound like chuckling too. The shop keeper walked away and returned a moment later with two books.
"These will tell you everything you need to know about the phoenixes, any questions ask Dumbledore, he has one named Fawkes." We nodded and thanked her as we placed Artemis and Apollo back in their cages and covered them.
"Thank you Ruby, it was great to see you again."
"You too Cassidy, say hello to Brandon and your mother for me." She nodded and we left.
"Mom isn't Grandma Ashling dead?" I asked.
"Yeah didn't she die lat year?"
"My mother did die but the crazy old lady hung around as a ghost so that she could watch you grow up girls. She still lives at her house. You will have to go to the house every summer for at least a week as well as every winter for a week. There is a traditional party that has to be started back up again. Everyone who's anyone goes to the party every year. They didn't happen this summer or last Christmas though because your grandma was dead and you hadn't inherited the right yet."
We nodded, not liking the sound of that, and went and ordered ice cream the we were promised.
"Remember we're staying here tonight. I don't much fancy getting home at two in the morning. We will leave bright and early tomorrow morning though."
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a fun chapter to do just because I REALLY enjoy ripping on Lucious Malfoy...