Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

Not Lady Anything, Just Cat and Mollie

Cat's POV

When we arrived home Mollie and I ran up to our room with Artemis and Apollo. When we opened out door; that was covered in things like pictures of us at different places, skittle wrappers, tin foil, origami Cranes, and other crazy things ,most of it was there to hide the broken part from when I kicked it because Mollie locked me out; we saw that all of our things were sitting in trunks that were laying open at the foot of our beds. Mollie set Apollo's cage down and grumpily changed and went to bed.

"Night night Mollie Wollie!" I sang as she grumbled something into her pillow. I giggled and pulled the covers off the cages and took Apollo and Artemis out and sat them on my bed. I then took apart their cages and put them together again as the five foot tall stands. I had no idea why there needed to me a bowled platform under the perch part but whatever. I put Apollo's in the corner next to Mollie's bed and I placed Artemis's in the corner next to my bed. Apollo sat on his perch watching over Mollie very protectively. I smiled and walked over to the window, Artemis on my shoulder. I slid the glass up and removed the screen.

"When you two want to hunt just use the window ok. Make sure no one sees you." Artemis cooed in my eat and took flight out the window shortly followed by Apollo. I giggled and walked over to my bed and opened the book about the phoenixes and began reading. About three hours later I had learned everything about them. Their tears have healing powers; we figured that one out already, they can carry loads of several thousand times their own weight, they are immensely protective and faithful, their song is calming, they can teleport, send messages without leaving their perch, can find those that are lost and bring them back to safety, they always know where their human companion is, mate for life, and are reborn each time they die from their ashes. Cool! I placed the book on my nightstand and copied the information onto a sheet of paper for Mollie and placed it on her nightstand next to her bowl of skittles. I glanced at the clock and saw it was well past 2 am. I pulled off my day cloths and slipped on my boxers and baggy tee and slid between my blankets and my bed sheets.

The next month flew by very fast. Molls and I read threw all of our school books and had them practically memorized, well I did any way, I think she did. She's always cared about school just like me, we just don't show it. We act like C D students but we always get top marks on our homework and tests, we just know how to have fun and we do... ALOT! We even practiced without wands at night, hiding the fact that we had practiced with our wands at some points from mom. The day before we left for school mom made sure we had everything packed and ready to go. We did, we had packed the night before. Once she had checked and doubled checked our trunks and made sure Artemis and Apollo were securely in their cages and covered she made us help load everything into the car. Meaning daddy carried our trunks and we carried out purses and birds. All four of us climbed into the car, dad driving and mom in the front chattering about something someone had said to her yesterday about not sending us to school here in Dublin. I looked at Mollie and rolled my eyes.

"I don't think I like this trip to London much. Mommy?' she turned around and looked at us.

"Yes my dears?"

"Isn't there a faster way to get to London?" Mollie complained as she stuck her fingers under the sheet and threw the bars of Apollo's cage.

“Not until you've learned magic." She told us.

"But Mommy Apollo and Artemis can teleport large amounts of things in an instant! That's not magic it's practical and BIRDIE!" I told her as I poked a skittle threw the bars of Artemis's cage. For some reason they both LOVE skittles.

“How would your father and I get home?" She asked as dad chuckled and pulled onto the ferry. Mollie and I both sighed and pouted. Once we reached London, finally, we walked to the Leaky Cauldron where Tom was waiting.

"Hello Cassidy, this must be your husband Brandon." Mom smiled at him and nodded. "AH Lady Catherine Lady Mollie! A pleasure to see you again! Welcome back." He bowed to us smiling broadly.

"Hey Tom!" We chimed sweetly. He bowed once more and magicked our trunks into our room and led us into the bar where a table was waiting already filled with food and set for four. He pulled out mine and Mollie's chairs and pushed them in again after we sat down.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" he asked smoothly.

"Gilly water." mom replied.

"Mulled Meed and lots of it." dad said rubbing his temples. He'd had a long day. We had almost been late to catch the ferry, almost been crushed my a semi on the way to the underground, Mollie was grouchy and yelling every five minutes that she was bored, and the birds hadn’t been quite since we got on the train, all of this on top of letting go of his babies and getting a call from his boss had given him a headache. I don't know how the rest of us were calm except for the phoenix songs.

"Lady Catherine, Lady Mollie, what would you like to drink?" Tom asked bowing a little.

"BUTTERBEER!" We both cheered causing several of the people to look at us and chuckle. Tom bowed again and left to get our drinks. Dad prayed and we began to eat our food. It was all very delicious. Tom re-appeared with a tray of drinks. He handed one to each of us and backed away bowing once more.

"I think I could get used to this." Mollie joked as she stuffed a fork full of pork sausage into her mouth. I rolled my eyes at her lack of manners.

"I'm already tired of it, we're just normal girls." I said irritated that my blood sausage wasn't cutting.

"You know I was joking, right?" Mollie asked worriedly.

"Yes, I knew that I have been able to tell what you really mean since we were in the womb. WHY WON'T YOU CUT!?" Mom chuckled and flipped my knife over in my hand.

"Try that dear."

"CHECK THAT OUT! If you cut the meat with the opposite side of the knife it magically starts cutting!" I said excitedly cutting up my meat.

"Cat you were holding it wrong to begin with." Mollie stated. I looked down at the knife and saw I was holding it the right way since mom flipped it.

"I knew that, I was just testing you all." I said blushing a little. All three of them laughed at me as I lowered my head and kept eating my food. Once we were done mom and dad told us it was time for bed, we had a long journey ahead of us tomorrow and we would want to look our most awake and happy when we reached Hogwarts. We groaned but walked up stairs to our room regardless. We opened the window and let Artemis and Apollo out to hunt. After that we closed the curtains leaving the window open so they could get back in and changed into our sleep clothes. Mollie in her yellow night gown and me in my boxers and a tank top. A moment after we were changed there was a knock on the door. I walked over and opened it. Tom was standing there holding two Butterbeers and an ice cream.

"For you Lady Catherine, from a boy downstairs. He told me to tell you that you are the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. Also that he will see you tomorrow and he hopes you sleep well." I took the stuff from him and set it down on the desk.

"Thank you Tom, may I have his name?"

"I'm sorry he said he wants to remain anonymous, he doesn't want to risk Lady Mollie killing him."

"Well, tell him thank you for me." Tom nodded and bowed out. I turned to Mollie.

"Go down and pretend like you want some left over fish for Artemis for the trip tomorrow.”

I nodded and grabbed a few knuts and sickles out of my bag and walked down to the bar. I entered the room and looked around. I noticed several boys that looked like they were Hogwarts age and sighed in defeat. I walked up to the bar and cleared my throat. Tom turned around and startled bowed to me again.

"Lady Catherine!" he exclaimed, I hadn't meant to scare the poor man. Several of the boys’ and people turned to look when he screamed my name, including the two white 'pig fat' altered blonde men. So the Malfoys are here too? "How may I help you Lady Catherine?"

"Sorry, I meant to ask earlier but I forgot, excitement of starting school and all. Would it be possible to get some leftover fish for Artemis and Apollo, they really love it."

"Of course, would you like some in the morning for the trip too?" I smiled at him and nodded.

"That would be perfect thank you very much." I told him leaning on the counter. "Oh, by the way that ice cream is really good." I said to his back and smirked slightly. I turned around and leaned against the counter rand looked around. I could see a little yellow around the corner of the stairs and smirked. Tom turned around a second later and I looked at him. He handed me a plate with some fish on it.

"Here you are Lady Catherine, for yours and Lady Mollie's owls. I will have some in the morning for you as well. Don't worry about paying me, it's just left over’s and it's an honor to serve you and your sister." I smiled and nodded taking the money off the counter and slipping it silently into the tip jar.

"By the way our birds aren't owls, their phoenixes." I told him and several people looked in awe as I walked back to the stairs and to my sister. "I could see your night gown around the corner of the stairs you know smart one."

"Did you see who it was?" she asked excitedly.

"No there were too many Hogwarts aged boys in there including Draco and daddy." she glared when I said their names but shrugged it off and went to bed after helping me eat the ice cream and drink the Butterbeers. After that we went to sleep for the night after locking the door.

The next morning Tom woke us up with a steaming cup of tea each. He looked at the birds in their cages and saw the empty plate on the desk between them, guess they came back, found it and decided they were still hungry. Tom set the cups on the table between the beds and took the plate as he bowed out of the room. I sat up and drained the tea out of one of the cups while Mollie drained the other.

"MORNING MOLLIE BEAR!" I yelled as I bounced on top of her while she was still laying in bed.

"And you're the one with no energy when the sun is awake?" she chuckled as she pushed me onto the floor. I hit it with a loud THUNK and rolled over clutching the back of my head.

"OUCHIE!"

"Now you know how hard that floor really is." Mollie teased as I sat up rubbing my head and glaring at her. I walked over to my trunk and pulled out my blue sweats, a white tank top, my skittles hoodie, and a clean bra and underwear. I got dressed and turned to look in the mirror to do my hair and saw Mollie in her yellow sweats and struggling with the hooks of her training bra. I walked over to her and hooked it.

"Why do you even bother with the training bra? You are as flat as a board, while here I am ten years old and almost ready to outgrow an A cup."

"Don't remind me, and besides mommy told me to wear one because if I don't then when I finally get boobs they will be all saggy and gross!" She exclaimed pulling on her white tank top and then zipping her skittles hoodie half way up.

"You mean IF you get boobs right?" she glared at me and tossed a pillow at my head. The door opened up and mom walked in.

"Girls don't wear, never mind. You will change into your uniform on the train before you get to school, it will be dark when you get there so you'll know when to change." We nodded and pulled the red hairs out of our white hairs. Mollie put hers up in a pony tail and I left mine down and wrapped a hair tie around my wrist. We walked down to the bar and ate bangers and mash for breakfast and then loaded everything into the car. It was about ten o'clock and we had an hour to get to Kings Cross and get on the Train. Once we were there dad loaded our trunks onto a trolley and pushed them while we carried Artemis and Apollo. I had the fish Tom had given to me this morning after breakfast in my panda bag.

"Mommy, where is platform 9 3/4?" Mollie asked as we looked around curiously.

"Follow me and I'll show you." It was now 10:45, we had fifteen minuets. "Now I want you to follow me closely girls, just run at the barrier like your father and I do and don't be afraid you'll run into it, you won't." We nodded at her and she took off at a brisk walk with dad and our trunks. They reached the barrier and then were gone. We looked at each other and smiled.

"NICE!" We said together and walked into the barrier too. We never hit it, we just walked into some smoke and when it cleared we saw a large scarlet steam engine. "AWESOME!" mom and dad just chuckled and led us down the train. We found and empty compartment and dad put out trunks in. We sat the cages on the seat and climbed off the train to hug mom and dad good-bye.

"Have a great term girls; we'll see you at Christmas. Be good and be careful." mom told us with a tight hug each.

"I'm proud of you girls, we'll write every week, you do the same." dad told us crushing us each in a hug. We nodded and got back on the train as a loud whistle blew. We waved goodbye to mom and dad until the train turned the corner and we couldn't see them anymore.

After that we closed the blinds on all the windows and let Artemis and Apollo out of their cages. I opened the fish and gave half to each of them to snack on. The trip was uneventful until a crying boy and a bushy haired girl opened the door.

"Excuse me, have you seen a toad? Neville here has lost one." the girl asked us. Then she saw our hair and looked at it skeptically but didn't say anything. I looked at her and smiled.

"Because you didn't say anything about our hair I'll tell you about it and find the toad.”

Mollie was asleep across from me. The girl smiled at me and nodded. I looked at Artemis.

"Artemis can you find this boys toad and bring it here, don't eat it." She bobbed her head and disappeared in a flash of blue flames. The boy and girl looked astounded as they stared at the place she had just been. "I'm Cat Sheehan by the way that's my twin sister Mollie." I introduced pointing to Mollie's sleeping form.

"I'm Hermione Granger and this is Neville Longbottom." The girl told me with a smile.

"You're both welcome to spend the rest of the trip on here if you like." They nodded and sat down. "Anyway, bout our hair. When we were little we got sick and the illness did this to our hair. We liked it so much we left it this way, and it makes it easy to tell us apart." Hermione smiled and nodded.

"So the phoenix that just left is Artemis what's the others name?"

"Yeah Artemis is mine, Apollo is Mollie's." As soon as I said that there was a flash of blue fire and Artemis appeared in my arm and a toad appeared in my hand.

"TREVOR!" The crying boy exclaimed and stuck it in his pocket. We spent the rest of the trip talking. Hermione explained she was muggle born and Neville told me her was a pureblood that might as well be a squib. Then I explained about our family and Neville nearly jumped out of his skin to stand and bow to me. I laughed and told him I hate it when people do that, that we just want to be normal. Then Hermione explained about Voldemort and Harry potter and how Harry Potter was on the train. I told her I already knew. I had ordered some extra books after memorizing my text books to learn more about the Wizarding world. Hermione told me she had done the same thing.

"I like you guys. I used to think the only friend I needed was Mollie but now I think that all four of us could be great friends."

"I agree!' She exclaimed and hugged me. When the food cart came by I bought some of everything and woke Mollie up. All of us chatted and played around with the candy until Hermione left to go find out how much longer it would be. When she came back she looked angry.

'Hooligans!" She huffed. "We'll be there shortly according to the conductor. We should change." We nodded and kicked Neville out in the hall while we changed then we stood in the hall while he changed. About an hour later the train slowed down and then stopped. We all got off and walked out onto the platform. We had been told to leave our stuff on the train and it would go up to the school separate.

"FIRST YEARS OVER HERE!" a gruff voice all us over. The speaker was a VERY large man with a lantern. He led us down to the lake and into some boats. Mollie and I looked at the school and then at each other.

"NOT THAT BIG MOM!" we fumed. We were never going to get to see each other if our classes were different, this place was huge! We crossed the Lade in a boat that the giant had led the two of us two. It had velvet padded seats and was slightly larger than the other boats. We had rolled our eyes and sighed as we climbed in. Now we were standing in front of a set of double oak doors "listening" to a mean looking woman talk. She led us into a side chamber and the locked us in.

"Listen up everyone!" A drawling voice called out. I looked around and saw Draco Malfoy standing on a stool. "The great Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts! Not only that but the heirs of the Moore family are here too!"

"Didn't I tell you once already to shove off Dorkfoy?" Mollie asked kindly shoving him off the box.

"Oh do forgive me Lady Mollie!" He said mockingly and bowed deep to her. I walked over to them and placed my hand on Mollie's shoulder.

"Stand up Draco." I told him. He looked up at me and I think I saw him blush a little. He straightened up and looked everywhere but my eyes. I rolled my eyes and stood on the box, effectively making me just as tall as some of the people in the room, WOW I'M SHORT!

"Yes we are the grand daughters of Ashling Moore,but we're NORMAL girls from Dublin Ireland." I said. All this happened to do however was make everyone that knew about our family bow to us which caused everyone who didn't know to then bow except Hermione and Neville. I rolled my eyes and climbed off the box and walked over to them Mollie on my heels eating a lickerish wand.

"You tried." Hermione told me and side hugged me. Just then the woman came back.

"We're ready for you." She told us and looked around at everyone who was still bowing then she looked at the four of us.

"Can you make them stop? It's REALLY aggravating." Mollie told her. She smiled slightly and clapped her hands.

"LETS GO! Single file line good, now FOLLOW!" We all filed into the Great Hall, past four long tables with different banners over them and up in front of the teachers table. An old man with LONG white hair and beard stood and looked at all of us.

"Welcome to all of you, before we start the sorting I have an announcement. This year, joining us we have Ashling Moore's granddaughters, the heirs to the Moore estates. Lady Catherine, Lady Mollie please step forward and meet the students.” We stepped forward and EVERYONE in that stupid hall stood and bowed to us. I HATE this, we're NOT THAT SPECIAL! Red sparks shot out of my wand that was in the pocket of my robes. Mollie placed a calming hand on my shoulder and I relaxed a bit. The mean lady stood up and clapped her hands. Everyone stood up and then sat back down at their tables.

"When I call your name please step forward and place the hat on your head and it will sort you into the correct house. Lady Catherine, would you go first please?" I walked up and picked the hat up off the stool and sat down placing the hat on my head. GREAT HAT HEAD! I though as the thing fell over my eyes.

"Ah Ashling's lineage returns! I see courage, talent, love, compassion, heart, a little bit of a rule breaker are you? Ah yes a little mischievous too. The most dominant thing here though is your love, compassion, and courage. You will do great things, you will also find true love. I know exactly where you will be placed little moon girl. GRYFFINDOR!" The hat said all of this to me but the last word, that it shouted for all to hear. I took the hat off and walked over to the table that was standing and clapping, they all bowed and then sat down. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Lady Mollie Sheehan." Mollie walked up and placed the hat on her head. After a little bit the hat opened a rip at the brim and shouted "GRYFFINDOR!" the table jumped up cheered while two red head twins cheered "WE GOT THE MOORE TWINS!" over and over again. The table all bowed as Mollie got there and hugged me and then sat down again. We didn't pay much attention to the sorting after that. We cheered very loudly for Hermione and Neville when they were made part of the table too. I felt a little sad though when Draco Malfoy went to Slytherin and I didn't even know why. Once everyone was seated, the feast started. We all ate our fill and watched the ghosts do their little floating thing. Around desert talk turned to people's families. Mollie and I ignored everyone unless it was Hermione and Neville talking to us. I looked across the table from me and saw the boy from Diagon Alley.

"Hey there. I'm Cat Sheehan, call me Lady Catherine and I SWEAR I'll scream." I said giving him my hand to shake.

"Harry Potter, nice to meet you." I smiled as Mollie gave him her hand too.

"Mollie Sheehan, same deal." Harry shook her hand too as he chuckled.

When the feast was over the old guy stood up and told us some funny words and sent us to bed. We all stood up and followed a red head bossy boy up several flights of stairs. He was explaining things to us but I wasn't listening. I was looking at all the cool stuff and trying to get a glimpse of the moon out the windows. He stopped us in front of a fat lady in a pink satin dress.

"Kaput Draconus." the bossy boy said and the portrait swung open reviling a hole in the wall. We all climbed threw it. "Welcome to the Gryffindor common room. Boys dormitories upstairs and down on the left, girls the same one your right. Lady Cath..."

"Ok, listen everyone let’s get the straight right now. Cat, Mollie!" I said pointing to the two of us. "Not Lady anything CAT AND MOLLIE ONLY!" I was angry at this point.

"Sorry about that, Cat and Mollie, your dorm room is all the way at the top of the girl's stairs." We nodded and ran up them opened the door and walked in. We changed cloths and set up the stands for Artemis and Apollo.

"I GET THE BLUE SIDE!"I called as I flopped onto the big blue bed.

"Like I would want it anyway. Yellow is SOOOO much better!" Mollie said as she flopped onto the big yellow bed. We laughed and then snuggled into our beds falling asleep instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
We're getting these out fast aren't we? Comment and tell us what you think please.