Billie Joe's Third Son

Part twelve

1990

I looked across the room where Peder ( Joey's Grandfather ) played with Billie. For some strange reason, Billie called him 'dadda.' I giggled. Peder was so good with him. I heard someone enter the room, and in came my oldest son, namely the blonde haired computerfreak, Jan Inge ( Joey's uncle ).

"Come on Dad, the kid should've been in the kindergarden already." he spoke, lifting Billie up. It was his first day in kindergarden, and he could already speak Norwegian, that adorable kid, though he could only speak a few words properly. For some random reason 'dadda' was his favorite.

"Uncle Jan! Could you give me a ride to school?" Zandra said from the doorway. She was now fourteen, twelve years older than Billie. I remember the day when Regina was still twelve herself, telling me she was pregnant. The woman was crazy. She was now pregnant - again, with that Glen guy. Rang and told us all yesterday. Oh boy, she'd have many kids, that woman.

*

Joey's POV

"Sorry," he said. I looked up to a pair of blue eyes, staring back at me. He'd pushed me hard on the ground, but it did not hurt, and it was most definitely an accident. The boy had brown hair, not like mummy's boyfriend though. He could hardly speak. He was probably two years old, just like I.

"What name?" the boy asked me.

"Hah?" I replied. May be he was younger than me. He didn't seem to speak very well. I heard Grandpa laugh in the background. Luckily he was there, protecting me my first day in kindergarden.

"Johnny," he spoke, and pointed at me. I then understood he was asking for my name.

"Billie Joe," I replied. He looked at me like I was an idiot, or like I'd just bitten him somewhere.

"Joey," he said.

"No, it's Billie Joe!" I said. He laughed.

"Joey," he spoke again.

"Well, Billie, looks like you got yourself a new nickname," Grandpa said and laughed. I looked at the weird boy named Johnny and giggled. Joey Armstrong was born.

*

2003

"Mike, are you ok?" Billie asked, when I still wouldn't look, or talk to him. I couldn't get his son out of my mind. He'd grown so much since last time I saw him. And he was so alike Billie Joe.

"Billie, I think I.. I think I just saw.." I looked at Billie. He smiled, waiting for me to speak.

He look so happy. Should I tell him? Should I open that wound again?

Thinking again, I didn't really know anything about that random guy named Billie on Starbucks. May be his parents was some fan, naming him after Billie Joe.

But he must have been from Scotland..

Come on Mike, there's not only one Billie Joe Armstrong in Scotland, is it?

But he looked just like him.

May be that was the main idea. May be he was a fan too.

But..

"Stop it, Mike," I muttered outloud. Billie looked confused.

"Look, Bill.. There's nothing." He was about to open his mouth to reply, but I stopped him.

"Tré's waiting. What happened is nothing to speak of really. I just thought I saw an old friend of our.. Mine."

"Who?" Billie asked. He always had to know.

"It doesn't matter. I was wrong. Come on now," I replied, though I had a feeling I was wrong.

*

That Green Day guy totally freaked me out. He'd been acting weird, and he definitely thought he knew me from before of. Something had been in the air for a long time now, and it killed be not knowing what it was. I suddenly remembered something.

Antonia.

She was going to speak with me. Fucking freakshow. Fucking, fucking freakshow. Here I was, in the middle of my personal problems which should come to an end very soon, and then all of this. The guy on the airport. The Green Day guy. Antonia wanting to speak with me, about something which seemed urgent.

"Come on Joey, you don't have the time for this. You've got things to sort out," I spoke to myself.

Thinking of that guy on the airport, again, there was something familiar with him. I knew I'd seen him before.

Where? I felt a sudden urge to pee, and dragged myself to the official toilet in the place.

I entered, and was glad to be found alone. I did my stuff, and washed my hands. While doing that, I glanced at myself in the mirror. I felt an urge to take another look. The reflection of myself looked back on me. I thought of that guy on the airport again. Why couldn't he just grab his suitcase and leave my mind? I thought of him again, and suddenly thought of something.

That wasn't my twin on the airport..

I felt my heart pounding in my chest. I was getting closer to the truth.

What truth?

Suddenly the picture of me and my father flashed through my mind.

The guy on the airport. Dad. The guy on the airport. Dad. The guy on the airport..

Oh dear. That wasn't just my father now, was it? I felt a sudden urge to throw up, and I did.

Nervousity.

I sat down beside the sinks. That's why I recognized him. I'd seen my Dad.

My biological father.

There was no point in questioning that, seeing as though every time I glanced at myself in the mirror, his twin stared back.

But who was he? What was his name? Who was the woman he was with?

Silly. His wife of course. And obviously his two children.

My younger brothers?

I felt sick. I didn't want to think about fathers, twins, wifes or secret siblings anymore.

"You ok?" a male voice spoke. I didn't dare looking up, 'cause I knew exactly who it was..