Billie Joe's Third Son

Tom enters the story

"You know what your problem is, Joe?" Tom said, his fingertips stroking me through me hair.

"As if I only have one," I replied.

"Stop beating yourself up. Jesus man, what's with ya?"

Tom was my boyfriend. Sounds retarded, right? If you answered "yes" to that one, fuck you. As if it's my fault I'm bi.

"What do they use to say..the usual, maybe?" he laughed. "You always seem to be..I don't know."

"Welcome far after, Tommy," I replied sarcastically (surprise, yeh?) and laughed.

"Joey! Get down here, little shitface!" Glen yelled from downstairs.

"Coming," I shouted back. "Looks like Glen's got serious PMS. I'll be back in a min," I told Tom.

*

"What's this?!" Glen said, angry as usual, when I'd finally made my way down to the living room.

"What's what?" I replied.

"Don't play stupid with me boy. What's this?" he said, holding up a small thing, forming an half circle. Oh no. Not that. Not the...

"Well boy?"

"I...I don't know what that is. No, honestly. No sweat," I laughed nervously. If he found out I was taking drugs, he'd probably kill me. Or worse...

He brought his thumb to my forehead, and pressed it to my skin.

"No sweat?" he asked, rising an eyebrow.

I felt my stomach turn all the way 'round. What'd he do? Surprisingly, he took my hand in his own, and gave me the half pill, with these words,

"We don't want your mother to know about this, eh? You could...tell her stuff," he said and grinned.

"Sure not..." I replied, still nervous.

"Now I think you should go back to your visitor and tell him to leave. It's getting late."

"I will," I replied like a little kid, not resisting its parents' will.

*

Returning to my room, knowing what would happen, I told Tom he had to go. As always, he listened and went home. Gosh, I didn't want him to go. He was one of the few people I really felt I could talk to. Especially now in my "time of trouble".

"There you are," Glen said, entering my room, probably taking notice of how scared I was.

"Hi," I said. I couldn't stand looking at him.

"You've been very, very stupid, but you know that, don' ya?"

"I...I know. When's mum coming home?"

He laughed.

"She's home tomorrow. Have to take some extra care of some patients at the hospital. The twins are already asleep, so it's just me and you."

I swallowed while trying to calm myself down.

"Actually I...I think it's best if I go to bed too, Glen, so would ya mind?" I said, pointing at the door. He giggled and sat down beside me.

"Going to bed might not be such a bad idea," he whispered in my ear.

God, I hated him. I wanted to punch him, see him bleed. Yes, I was willing to see him die for his crimes against me. But all I could do, was whisper,

"Just leave me alone, Glen."

He laughed at my little comment.

"Now that wouldn't be a nice way to decline your Dad, would it?"

"Glen, you're not my dad."
"Say that again, and I'll break your neck," he hissed.

"But it's true. You're not, and you sure never will be!" I hissed back.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," he shouted, and stood up. He unzipped his pants, and undid mine too. I guess you ask yourselves, why didn't I try stop him? I'd tried, oh yeah. But I was too weak. Instead, he raped me of pure hate.