Billie Joe's Third Son

Leaving California

I opened my eyes, and stole a look around me. The sun was shining through the window, and directly on my face. I was happy to see Mum had packed my stuff in a black bag, I couldn't be bothered doing anything myself just now.

Packing yes. We are going home today..

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, then just sat there. I couldn't be bothered to get dressed just yet. Through the window I could see Billie's house. I looked away, I didn't want to remember any of the happenings which had found place last night. I then heard someone trying to get in my room, and it was obvious who it was. I didn't bother pretending to be asleep, didn't bother doing anything. I had to face her sooner or later anyway.

"Hi sweetie. Good you're awake. Go get dressed, we're leaving in two hours," Mum said from the door. Referring to everything that had happened, she looked surprisingly happy. She had put her very long hair in a pony tale, sort of, the only difference was some of her hair hanging out of it.

I didn't reply to her sentence, just nodded.

"Have you packed my toothbrush and all of that?" I mumbled. She shook her head.

"I left that for you to do, seeing as though you'd have to use them before we go anyway. It's not that you've got to use eyeliner, but.."

"Fine Mum. Thanks for your opinion, now leave me in peace," I said, mumbling again. The smile she'd had on her lips, slowly disappeared. She nodded, and left me, doing what I told her to for once. I got up, walking to the bathroom. It was already taken, by Antonia who was doing her make up. She wasn't really good at it, but whatever. Why would I care what she looked like?

"Does it look nice?" she asked me, who was sitting by the door. I rolled my eyes.

"Does it matter? Just get out, gotta pee." Antonia took her make up purse, and pouted at me. She was acting just like a twelve year old. Thinking agian, she was a twelve year old kid. I rolled my eyes once again at her. She'd soon come to that age where she'd ask me to beat people up for her. Girls.

I got dressed and applied eyeliner. Not as much as I used to. I went downstairs to pick up something decent to eat, finding everyone staring at me. I pretended I didn't notice, people seemed to have been very interested in me the last few days, since all they could do was stare. I opened the fridge, and picked up some orange juice.

"You really are alike him," Amanda said, meaning me being alike Billie. I turned around, to sit down with the four of them.

"I don't wanna talk about it, K?" I said. I was fed up with Billie, even though I had only met him yesterday. But it seemed like ages ago, and everything these people could do was talk about him. Why did Mum shag him anyway? He was a lot younger than her. May be they were setting me up. May be.. No. I'd figured it out by myself the day before. It couldn't be.

Yet again, an awkward silence was in for action. No one said anything, before Michael broke the silence by eating outloud. Everyone looked at him, including me for once.

"What?" he asked, stuffing his face.

"Michael, behave," Mum replied.

"I haven't done anything," he said, then continued eating. I hadn't seen him eat for days, and for once, just for once, he didn't seem angry or displeased. And I was glad about it.

When I was done drinking the juice I had picked up, I ran upstairs again to brush my teeth. When I was about to go downstairs, everyone was busy speaking of something. I stopped to hear what it was.

"No, Amanda, it's ok. Billie said he'd drive us to the airport," Mum told Amanda. I exploded. I was sure I was gonna blast through the roof, or roll down the stairs. Why did he have to drive us? Was he stalking me or something? He was famous and rich. He shouldn't care about others. I didn't want to face him, not now.

Alright, alright, I had always looked for my Dad. But I meant like, a normal one, not famous ones who goes on tours, have sex with groupies and get drunk. I didn't want a famous father. Just wanted a normal one.

"No," I said. Everyone looked at me.

"Just stop nagging at him. He's probably busy doing his own things," I spoke again, hoping they would listen to me. I was probably right too. He had his band, his kids.. Me being one of them.

"He suggested it himself," Mum replied.

"Doesn't matter. Why him? Why not somebody else?" I screamed and ran to my room. I didn't want to face anybody just now.

The first thing I did, was searching the room. I needed to find my luggage, my black pants, and the ecstasy tablets.

Where are you, where are you, where are you..

I found them after thinking that, and almost jumped of happiness. I ran downstairs to fetch a glas of water, catching Michael staring at me.

"What are you staring at," I mumbled, not bothering to wait for reply. I picked up a glas, and filled it with water.

"What are you doing with that?" he asked, looking suspicious.

"What do you think I'm doing with it?" I snarled. For a smart guy, Michael could be pretty stupid. He shrugged in reply, then started to play with his mobile phone, or as Americans called it, cell phone. I glared at him one last time before returning to my room.

*

My hands trembled. After what I'd been through with that Andy guy, drugs wouldn't be a smart thing to do, I'd say. But I couldn't help it, and it was already done. I didn't know why I kept needing it all the time.

Am I addicted? Am I dependent of it, am I one of those brainwashed people who'll do anything to get a hold on this stuff?

May be I had been for a long time, but never really admitted it to myself. It wasn't like I needed taking it anymore either, now that Glen was gone and my goal was settled. My goal about finding me father..

I cough thinking of it. I grabbed the glas, and swallowed another tablet, then laid down on the bed. The roof twirled 'round, and 'round. It was like being on a carousel. I had butterflies in my stomack. My hair tickled my neck. I giggled. Oh boy, I loved this feeling. This little fantasy world of mine. I wanted more of it. Wanted more..

I reached out towards the glas again, but instead of grabbing it, I spilled it.

"Shit," I mumbled, trying to get up. But I couldn't. The number of butterflies in my stomack, grew. Everything was now twirling. 'Round, and 'round, and 'round, and..

"Joey! Your Dad's here! Come down, we won't wanna miss the plane," Mum's voice yelled from somewhere. I snarled, thinking of Billie. I laughed, thinking of Billie. Thinking of him, made him suddenly appear in the door. I looked at him. In terror. But then he started to twirl, and I couldn't help but laugh. He looked so stupid, twirling around in circles.

"I'm.. I must be seeing things," I spoke, mostly to myself, amazed. He gave me a funny look, and it made me giggle.

"C'mon kid," he said, walking towards me, still twirling like never before. My giggling faded away when he came closer. He helped me up, me trying to stop him.

"No," I blurred. "You don't understand! If you help me up, I'm gonna start of twirling too," I added, in a horrified voice.

"Twirling?" he asked, not stopping to help me on my feet. He somehow managed to drag a laughing, giggling, and smiling me all the way downstairs. Mum passed me a look. She knew I was on it. I couldn't look her in the eye, my own seemed to twirl around in my head. She suddenly looked to Billie.

"Thanks Billie Joe. You really didn't have to do this." Billie nodded in reply, then looked at me.

"Is he drinking very often or something?" he asked my Mum. I couldn't believe I was hearing this, right in front of me. He thought I was drunk, he thought I'd forget everything that escaped from his lips when he left. It stopped me smiling and giggling at least.

"No, he's just.. Sturing," Mum said glaring at me.

"Hah. Take that, Billie," I smirked. He looked at me again, with an expression on his face I couldn't explain. I started laughing again, and freed myself from his grasp.

"She doesn't want to tell you! Because you'll see her as a bad mother," I laughed, starting to dance in circles.

"I'm a druggie, I can fly, I'm a bird!" I screamed on the top of my lungs. There. It was said. He knew it now. My head suddenly felt slightly heavier, and I fell into a dent on the floor.

"Oh boy. How long is this gonna last?" I giggled, not really asking anyone.

"Joey, that is enough! Amanda, help me here," Mum yelled, coming towards me. But Billie stopped her.

"Let me handle this," he said. She nodded, grabbed her suitcase and told Michael and Antonia to follow her outside with Amanda.

"No.. Mum, you can't leave me alone with Billie! He's a psycho! He's.. A.."

My voice faded away, and once again, so did my giggling. She had left me alone with this monster. He came over to me, and lifted me up, like I was a little kid. I fought all the way through, trying to push him away, but it didn't help. I stopped fighting. What was the matter anyway? I suddenly came to remember the ecstasy tablets were in my room.

"Shit, shit, SHIT!" I yelled, and started fighting again, but it was too late. We were already by the car. Billie'd carried me all the way from Amanda's house, and out in it. Was he Superman or something?

"No, let go of me," I screamed like a little kid, starting to hit him so he would. But he closed the door, and went to sit in the front seat with Mum. Amanda waved bye, and we drove off. I saw her house disappear, her house with my tablets in it. Screw it. Screw everything.

"You really need a soul make over, Billie Joe," Mum said, meaning me. She was now pissed of, I could sense it.

"Whatever you say," I sarcastically mumbled.

"No. This time I'm serious," she said. "When we come home, we're gonna have a talk. You and me. Alone."

"Oh, what does it help anyway, you're never listening to me," I yelled. "Like when Glen.."

"Joey!" Mum yelled back. She'd now turned around so I could see how angry she was. Michael and Antonia remained speechless.

"Not here," Mum said referring to Billie. And for once, it suited me fine. I didn't want him to know, he might get ideas. Of how easy I was. How quick he could break me. He would use me too. Use me, just like Glen had used me. He would force himself onto me and.. And..

I closed my eyes, trying to think of home. Home, with Jay, the band, without Glen.. It'd be wonderful. Yeah. It'd be.. I then remembered, Norway was my home. Scotland was just another royal bitch in my life. I swallowed a lump, remembering how I as a kid used to live there. With Johnny.. Grandpa.. Grandma..

"We're here." Billie's voice flashed through the silence, interrupting my thoughts. Why did he always had to interrupt everything? He was always doing that, always in the way of whatever was surrounding him.

He stopped the car. I was the first one to get out, dragging with me my bag. I had lesser than when I came here, no wonder why. Billie got out with the rest, helping Mum with the luggage. I cought Antonia giggling, and smiling at him all the time. She really had it in for the guy.

That thought, was disgusting. I disgusted myself. Antonia and Billie? No way. He was like twenty years older than her or something. I wanted to throw up, watching Antonia sucking up to him. I had to say something.

"Just forget it Antonia. He is married, and he's too old for you anyway."

Everyone dropped the luggage they were holding, and turned around to look at me. Antonia's face was covered with red colour. She was blushing, but also exploding on the inside I could tell. Mum looked at me with a shocked expression, and Michael was acutally grinning behind Antonia's back. But Billie didn't seem to bother really.

"They all love me," he joked, referring to the underage girls. Antonia laughed it away, but gave me an ugly look. I didn't care. Just proved my point. I took my bag, and headed for the door. They were behind me now. They were behind me, and they couldn't stop me from going where I was. I then felt a sting in my stomack.

Next stop: the official airport toilets, I thought, and started to run. I ran as fast as I could, not to throw up over the new painted floor, which actually was quiet nice. I was almost there now. Almost there..

I threw up right in front of the door. Yap. Almost there. I couldn't hold it anymore, and decided to run in before I caused the floor more damage than I already had. A girl that was on her way out, walked right into the puddle. If it hadn't been for my urge to throw up, I would have stopped, snatched a photo of it, pointed at her and laugh my guts out.

I quickly made it to one of the stalls and threw up several times. When I was done, I placed myself onto the toilet, and relaxed after puking. I then heard someone talking by the sinks.

"...Yeah, and I figure he fancies me a lot.." a voice said. Oh, hold on. This was a girl's voice.

"He does. It's so obvious," another girl voice spoke up, and laughed. My eyes opened wide with terror. Oh no. It couldn't be.

I was in the girls room.