Status: Finished.

Victims of Love

Famous Last Words

Three months down the road from now, Avenged Sevenfold’s second album was just a week from being released courtesy of Warner Brother’s Records. Everyone had a great time recording and experimenting on the new album that they couldn’t wait to get it out to the fans who had been waiting since City of Evil.

The band’s manager, Larry, had convinced them to do a pre-record tour, which was only a couple shows spread across the United States, but it was still a tour none the less. Although, it was more like a mini tour than an actual tour, because there were only fifteen shows scheduled.

And tonight, was the night of the first show in Orange County.

Brooke told Blaire that she was going to Brian’s house to get ready and that they would meet up with Courtney and Johnny before they went to the venue. Molly called Blaire the night before and told her and she and Matt could get a ride with them so that the girls wouldn’t be taking so many cars just to drop the boys off, but Blaire declined the offer and told her that she would just drive herself.

Lately, she hadn’t been in the mood to talk to any of her friends, including Brooke. She just wanted to be alone for a while with her thoughts, but even that was a dangerous act in itself.

Her friend’s would ask her why she didn’t want to come out to the bar at night, but she never told them. She didn’t want to tell them. She thought it was better to just keep this between her and her boyfriend, who were quickly growing apart.

She didn’t know what happened. Neither did he. One minute they were acting like a couple, and the next minute they were pretending like the other never existed. It was an ongoing battle that had no end in sight.

Sighing, she picked up her phone from her dresser and pressed a button to light up the screen. No new messages. She expected that though.

Setting her phone back down, she finished getting ready before grabbing her keys and heading off down the street to pick Matt up. Little did she know, this was going to be one hell of a goodbye.

She pulled up in front of his house and put her car in park. She remembered the first night Brooke brought her here and she was amazed at the size of his home.

Blaire grabbed her phone from the center cousel to send a text to him saying that she was here, but he must have seen her in the window and was now approaching her car with two suitcases in tow. She reached over on the side of her door and popped the trunk open for him so that he could throw his stuff in.

“Hey,” She greeted softly after he had slammed the trunk and gotten in to her car.

“Hey,” He mumbled, buckling himself in.

And that was the extent of their conversation.

Focusing her attention on the road and not on the problems that had formed between her and her lover, Blaire mindlessly dipped in to her thoughts.

She knew she wanted to be with Matt for as long as she could, because honestly, she loved him with everything she had. The day that met at the bar, she knew that he was going to be important to her. She just had that feeling.

Stopping at a red light, she glanced over at Matt who was fidgeting with his thumbs. She could sense his nervousness, but dismissed it as his nerves for being on stage again.

Before they knew it, Blaire was pulling up next to Brooke’s car in the back of the parking lot where a huge tour bus awaited the band. Matt got out without saying a word to Blaire and she popped the trunk even without him asking. He shut it again and carried his stuff to the bus while she got out of the car and followed him.

He was going to be on the road for three weeks and she probably, more than likely, wasn’t going to hear from him until he got back.

So this was it.
Now or never.

Though, never might have been the better option.

“Matt,” Blaire spoke up, just before he was about to get on the bus. He stopped and picked his head up to look at her. “We need to talk.”

“Babe, I have to get ready for the show soon,” He complained.

“No, this needs to be done now.”

By the seriousness in her tone of voice, he knew that this was the conversation he had been avoiding for quite some time. He put his phone in to his pocket and ignored anything that came while it vibrated against his leg. “Alright, what’s up?”

She bit her bottom lip, trying to string her thoughts together in her head as fast as she could. “I-I don’t think we s-should be t-together,” She stuttered.

He shrugged. “Alright.”

She was appalled at how he just took the news. That’s it? That’s all she got? Just an “Alright” and that was it?

Her eyes widened as she stared at the person she had cared most about with daggers in her eyes and fire coming from her mouth. “Are you saying you didn’t want us to be together?”

His eyes got big as well, realizing what he had just said. He just dug his own grave and now he was going to try and fill it in before it was too late.

“Blaire ---“

“No! Fuck you Matt! Fuck you and your goddamn band!” She spat. “If you didn’t want us to be together because you were just looking for some girl to take home and fuck, then you should’ve left a long fucking time ago.”

She started to walk away, but when he called her name, she stopped.

“Blaire!”

She spun on her heel and looked at him, glaring at him with a murderous look. “I loved you Matt. I fell fucking heels over head for you!” She shouted, feeling the pressure build up behind her eyes. Tear were inevitable at this point. “I should’ve learned my fucking lesson from the last band I was with. You singers are all the same.” She wiped away her hot tears with the back of her hand. “Fuck you,” She cursed one last time before storming off to her car.

He tried to call out to her again, but was stopped by the squealing of her tires and watching her taillights fade off in to the distance.

Leaning his head up against the side of the bus he knew that he had fucked up big time. He knew that he was probably being an ass to her, but that was no reason for her to flip out on him. She was being a bitch to him too!

But the last thing on his mind was that he just broke her heart.

And she just broke his.
♠ ♠ ♠
REV