Status: Finished.

Victims of Love

Dear God

“Blaire?” Brooke asked, poking her head in to her room.

Blaire looked up from the book she was reading on her bed, then back down at her book. “What do you want?”

Brooke sighed. She knew it was best to get right to the point. “I want you to come with me tonight,” She said leaning against the door frame.

Blaire didn’t even blink, she just stared at Brooke. “I don’t think so.”

“Come on! It’ll be fun!”

“Brooke, you know why I don’t want to go.”

She sighed. “I know, but still. Don’t you want to see the girls?”

“I guess,” She shrugged. “I’m sure I’ll be physically attacked by Alexa for not answering her calls these past few days.” Blaire put down her book beside her on the bed and swung her legs over the edge.

“Yay!” Brooke exclaimed, clapping her hands and bounding on her toes. “I knew you’d crack!”

“Don’t get all spazzy,” Blaire warned. “I’m only going to see the girls.”

“I’m going to go get ready. Leave in two hours?” Blaire nodded in response and Brooke skipped out of the room happy as a clam. Blaire also knew that part of her excitement was that she was going to see Brian. She always got happy when she saw Brian.

Blaire made a sad face at the thought of that. She wanted to be happy about a guy coming home. Two days after she had bitched Matt our, she felt guilty for it. Sometimes, she just couldn’t shut her mouth or filter what she was saying. That often got her in to trouble.

But luckily, Brooke was pretty good about slapping Blaire when she started saying too much.

Except for this time.

Groaning, Blaire made her way to her closet, deciding on what to wear. Should she wear something a bit sexy, or should she just play it down and wear something comfortable? Were they going in to the mosh, or were they going to stand in the back?

Did she want to win him back, or did she want to put a wall between them?

Without putting much more thought in to something as simple as getting dressed, Blaire picked out an outfit and threw it on. She finished it off with a handful of mousse so that her hair fell in to soft tousles over her shoulders.

“Damn girl, you look smokin’!” Brooke grinned, standing in the doorway to Blaire’s room again.

“Goin’ all southern for Gates now, are we?” Blaire retorted back, noticing she was wearing the corset that Brooke had picked out the other day and a pair of distressed cowboy boots with her purple belt. “Planning on getting some pre-record lovin’, eh?” She asked, raising her brow at Brooke who just blushed and looked away.

“Well come on dear, we don’t want to be late!” Blaire chuckled, tapping her imaginary watch on her wrist. Her and Brooke linked arms, passing through the rooms of their apartment.

“Wait!” Brooke stopped. “You should probably take your car.”

Blaire looked at her and furrowed her brows. “Why?

“Just trust me on this one,” Brooke said handing her her car keys. The two skipped off down the halls and out to their separate cars, driving off in to the sunset for an eventful night.

----

“So we have two more songs for you. Both of which are going to be some old shit,” Matt explained, walking to the center of the stage. “How many of you know stuff of Waking The Fallen?”

The place erupted in screams.

“Alright,” He chuckled. “Then this’ll be a real treat for you.”

Brian looked over at Zacky and Zacky looked over at Jimmy, who looked at Johnny. The four of them nodded their heads at each other and Zacky started to play an unfamiliar song to the crowd. Johnny jumped in with the bass and Jimmy joined in with the drums. Brian added his own little flair with his electric guitar, since there was no steel pedal on stage, and none of them knew how to play it.

“Whoa, whoa whoa,” Matt said stopping them. “What the hell is this?”

“Come on Shadows, you know the words!” Brian said, egging him on.

“This isn’t what we had on the set list,” He said shaking his head, trying to remember if they had put it on there or not. He couldn’t recall them putting it on there for tonight.

“At least sing the chorus?” Zacky suggested.

Matt sighed heavily, looking out at his fans who were now terribly confused. He looked back over at his band mates. “Alright, but just the chorus.”

Brooke and Blaire were currently hanging out at the back of the venue, enjoying the music and not being recognized. Courtney had snuck away from Alexa and Molly, but those two stayed just in case one of the guys were to look over at the side of the stage.

Blaire’s ears perked up when she heard the opening of a rather familiar song. At least the song was familiar to her. She was the one who heard it in the studio and fell in love with it.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around when I'm much too far away. We all need that person who can be true to you. I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed. 'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired. I'm missing you again. Oh no; Once again.

A smile formed on both Matt and Blaire’s lips. It was like he was only seeing her in the crowd, though he had no idea that she was even there.

The whole place clapped as Matt finished the final note of the chorus and took a bow just for the hell of it.

“Alright,” he chuckled. “This is our last song for real this time. This one’s called Second Heartbeat.”

“You guys coming?” Courtney asked, just as she was about to leave to head back stage before the crowd made a mad dash to get out of there.

Brooke nodded, nudging Blaire in the arm. She tore he gaze away from Matt and looked over at Brooke with a questioning face.

“You coming?”

Blaire nodded and followed her and Courtney backstage before the rush of people made their exit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blaire
Brooke

REV