Status: Finished.

Victims of Love

R.I.P. You And Me

“So,” Brooke said, leaning on the doorframe of Blaire’s bathroom.

“So,” She repeated, splashing cool water over her face and patting it dry with a towel.

“What’s going on with you and Matt?”

Blaire sighed, hanging the towel back up. “I knew that was coming.”

“You guys were all lovey dovey at the bar last week, and now you two aren’t even speaking to each other.”

“Yeah well, people change,” Blaire said. “As well as their intentions,” She mumbled to herself.

“That’s how we grow,” Brooke argued. “If we didn’t change we’d all be still stuck in high school looking for Janey McFarley because she was the school slut and Mark Trent because he was the quarter back that slept with anyone and everyone.”

Blaire pushed past Brooke and went back in to her room, grabbing her brush off her dresser and raking it through her wet hair.

“So stop making up an excuse and tell me what happened.”

Blaire sighed. “Fine. I’ll tell you what happened, but promise not to ever bring him up again?”

“Promise,” Brooke replied, holding her pinky up for added effect, sitting down on Blaire’s bed.

“Matt and I were figuring each other out, ya know? While you and Brian were going off on dates, me and him would just hang out here and get to know each other.” She put the brush down and looked at herself in the mirror, dissatisfied with the way her hair way going to curl later.

“Then we started asking more serious stuff, like about long term relationships and marriage.” Brooke’s eyes lit up when she heard that. “Hold you damn horses missy. We aren’t engaged!”

“But you were talking about a future!”

“Doesn’t mean anything,” Blaire said shaking her head. “We both had this connection, but what we wanted in life was totally different. He didn’t want a wife, I wanted a husband. I want a damn family Brooke.”

“Blaire, you’re only twenty-six,” Brooke reminded.

“That’s close to thrity.”

“Whatever.”

“Anyway, we just realized that if we did get serious that we wanted different things in life.” She sighed again, “Sometimes all the good guys who are everything you want are just a fake after all.”

“Don’t say that Blaire,” Brooke said with a sad tone in her voice, standing up from her bed and wrapping her arms around her best friend’s body. “I’m sure that this really great guy is going to come around. He’s going to have a lip ring and be incredibly sexy and make you feel special whenever he’s around.”

“Thanks Brooke.”

The girl’s shared a moment, but it was too soon broken by Brooke’s phone going off in the next room. She smiled sheepishly at Blaire and ran off to go answer it, only to inform her that she had to get ready in fifteen minutes because they were going to Brooke’s boyfriend’s band practice.
♠ ♠ ♠
REV