Status: Finished.

Victims of Love

Fall Back In To My Life

“Do I really have to go with?” Blaire groaned.

“You were begging me to bring them over the other day and now you don’t want to meet them?” Brooke answered with a very confused face.

“I’m just not up for anything crazy right now,” Blaire sighed.

“I don’t care. You’re still going.”

Brooke shoved her in to the car and strapped her in before stepping over to her side of the car. She climbed in and started the engine, buckling herself in and pulling out of the driveway.

Blaire put her elbow on the door and rested her head in the palm of her hand, watching all the houses and people go by as they drove down the street.

“If Jimmy tries to touch you or anything with you, scream and run away,” Brooke instructed her. “Same goes with Johnny.”

“What if I don’t want to scream?”

Brooke gave her a serious face. “Seriously Blaire, don’t mess with these guys.”

Blaire ignored her friend’s advice and unbuckled herself as she parked the car in the parking lot of a warehouse. First thing that ran through her mind was that they were murders and if she didn’t do what they had asked, she would be killed.

“You won’t die,” Brooke chuckled, walking beside Blaire. “They aren’t that kinky.”

“You don’t know that.”

“I’ve been with Brian for three years Blaire, of course I know that!”

She rolled her eyes and Brooke looked for the key ring on her chain. When she had found it, she stuck it in the lock and the door opened. Blaire was a little surprised to see such an elaborate set up.

There was a drum kit with more cymbals than she could count and three bass drums. Never had she even seen someone play three bass drums at once.

In front of the drums were 3 mics and cords that plugged in to very large amps behind them. Racks of guitars and a rack of basses and stood next to the amps on both the left and right side of the drums while a piano or organ sat in the middle of it all.

“Brooke!”

She ran up to her boyfriend and was engulfed in a hug. He picked her up off her feet and spun her around in a tiny circle.

“The guys and I were just taking a break,” He told us, setting her back down on her feet.

“I forced Blaire to come with me,” Brooke said. Brian nodded, taking her hand and lacing it with his, leading her to where the guys were sitting down on a bunch of couches. Blaire followed behind, still looking around at the place, trying to get a feel for it.

Her eyes caught the attention of a certain someone sitting down on the left side of the love seat. He had green eyes and snakebites. Maybe Brooke was right about finding someone who was incredibly sexy and had a lip piercing.

“Hey when are ---“

Blaire turned around slowly, though she didn’t have to. Something in her gut told her to. But when she did, she was met face to face with a man she never wanted to hear or see again.

“Brooke brought her friend,” Brian said with a convincing tone in his voice. There was something about being in this atmosphere that any normal human would just want to walk out of. It was like there was a secret plot going on behind every one’s backs even while they were still in the room.

“I’ll meet you outside,” Blaire rushed, moving past everyone and going out the same door that she came in.

The heavy scent of the sea filled her lungs as she welcomed it, sliding her back down against the brick wall of the building. The sun was fading behind the other building surrounding it and in no time, it would be dark out.

Blaire sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her forehead on top of them, looking straight down in to her lap. The door to the warehouse swung up and closed with a heavy thud, followed by loud footsteps that stopped right in front of her.

“Blaire.”

“I was kind of hoping I’d never have to see you again,” She admitted, still looking down.

“Blaire.”

“No, no,” She said picking her head up and meeting his eyes with her tearful ones. “You don’t get to fucking do this right now. We told each other that we weren’t going to see each other anymore because our goals were different.” She stood up, but kept leaning up against the brick wall behind her.

“Fuck compatibility and connections! I haven’t even thought of anything but you these last few days. I don’t care if we’ve only known each other for what? Two or three weeks? I have this feeling I’ve never felt and I want it back Matt. I want that goddamn feeling back!”

He smiled a crooked smile as she continued to ramble about how much she wanted that feeling back. In the middle of her rant, he took a step forward and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her in to his chest.

“Okay,” He said quietly, kissing the top of her head softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
REV