Status: Finished.

Victims of Love

Check Yes Juliet

“Brooke,” Blaire sang, standing in front of her open closet.

“Yes dear?” She said poking her head in to her room.

Blaire sighed, plopping down on to the middle of her bed. “Help.”

“What am I picking out tonight?”

“Matt’s taking me out to dinner tonight,” Blaire explained. “Pick out something pretty for me please,” She said with a cheesy grin plastered on her face.

“What would you do with out me,” Brooke chuckled, turning to face Blaire’s closet in search of an outfit.

“Walk around without any clothes on.”

Brooke scrunched her nose up and went to work pulling things out for Blaire to try on. She went through everything from skirts and pants to dresses and lingerie. Brooke had taken out almost every single item from her wardrobe and still found nothing.

Both girls let out a heavy, frustrated sigh, falling back on their backs to stare up at the ceiling.

“Maybe I should just go naked,” Blaire joked. “I don’t think he’d mind.”

“You are wearing fucking clothes,” Brooke said sternly. “Even if we have to go out and buy you a whole brand new outfit right now.”

“Fiiiiiiiiinneee.”

Brooke sat back up on the edge of the bed and looked around at the mess of clothes that now covered the floor. The closet caught her attention again where a bright coral colored item stuck out from the others remaining.

“Blaire, get up and go try this on,” Brooke ordered, holding the dress on its hanger.

“Seriously?” She groaned, picking her head up from the bed.

“Just go, now,” Brooke said shoving the article in her face. Blaire went to go change, protesting the whole way, but when she came back out her face lit up with joy.

“That’s the dress!” Brooke cheered, clapping her hands. Blaire gave a little twirl and the fabric flowed around her. A smile was across her face the whole time.

“Shoes,” Brooke clapped, diving back in to the closet.

Fifteen minutes later, Blaire’s outfit was complete and her makeup was near to finished. Brooke helped out with curling her dark locks in to large, over dramatic curls, killing a layer of the ozone as well with the amount of hairspray she used.

The doorbell interrupted their chit chat and Brooke went to go answer it while Blaire finished applying one last coat of mascara.

“Your date is here,” Brooke informed, poking her head it. Blaire screwed the cap back on to the mascara and grabbed her clutch off of the dresser. She turned off the light switch and stepped out down the hall way.

Wow.”

A faint blush graced her cheeks as she put her arms around his neck, pecking his cheek.

“You look great,” He whispered next to her ear.
“You don’t look so bad yourself either.”

The broke from their embrace and he took her hand in his. “I’ll have her back by tomorrow,” Matt chuckled and the happy couple walked out the door.

-----

“Thank you for taking me out again Matt,” She said taking the seat that he pulled out for her.

“You’re welcome,” He said pushing her in.

A blonde woman walked up to the table and smiled at both Blaire and Matt before introducing herself. “Hello, I’m Clara. I’ll be your waitress this evening. Can I start you off with something to drink?”

“Can we get a bottle of Chardonnay, please?”

She nodded her head and scribbled it down on to her notepad. “I’ll be right back with that.”

“Trying to get me drunk this early in the game?” Blaire questioned with a teasing voice and raising her brow.

“Maybe that was my plan all along.”

Their waitress returned with the bottle of wine and a bucket of ice while another waitress helped by placing two glasses on the table. She pulled out the cork and poured half a glass for each of them.

“Thanks.”

“I’ll give you both a minute to decide,” She said and walked away.

Blaire looked down at her menu and began to wonder which item she should pick. She was in the middle of making her decision when Matt cleared his throat. Her eyes moved from the folder to him in less than a second.

“There’s one more thing that you need to make a decision about.”

“And that would be?”

“Would you like to give this a real shot and be my girlfriend?”

That was one decision she didn’t have to think twice about.

Yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Matt
Blaire

REV