You Can Let Go Now

A Mixture of Emotions

I'm sorry it took me forever to update! :(

Sidney secretly led the two upstairs to his room, which was forbidden to the rest of the party. For some unknown reason, he hated people in his room. She guessed for him it felt like an invasion of privacy. Elizabeth loved his room, it fit him perfectly. Like everything else in his house, it was perfectly clean and beautifully decorated.

She smiled at the pictures of him and his family and few pictures of his childhood friends. There were a couple with Emily, but she thinks there used to be more. Maybe he took them down because it hurt too much. She couldn't blame him.

Her eyes followed Sidney as he checked over and over again to make sure no one was coming to his room. If it was paranoia, OCD, anxiety, or just the want to have one private moment in his hectic life, she didn't mention anything.

She sat on the edge of his queen sized bed, while he chose to sit on the futon near the TV. Elizabeth started by saying, “I want you to understand something with this, Sidney. I love my mom very much and she's a great mother to me and my brother. Okay?”

He nodded, but the confusion in his eyes was evident.

“My family has always been close. It's the way I was raised. Naturally, I loved my father very much. We went on countless family vacations and have shared many great memories. We had it all, Sidney. Both of my parents had great jobs, money wasn't a huge problem for us,” she explained.

“I was a happy kid, we were a happy family. We had no worries,” Elizabeth told with a sad smile. “When I was in seventh grade, that all changed. My dad died in the beginning of that year, from a brain aneurysm. It was completely out of the blue,” she recounted.

One of the reasons she had such a deep connection with Sidney is because he understands her emotions in a way no other person she has met does. Whenever she shared this story with other people they would all give her the same damn look of pity and the ever-famous 'I'm so sorry.'

Sidney did neither of these. Other people might mistake that for not having compassion, when in fact, it was the exact opposite. He knew exactly how she felt. He didn't need to offer that, the feeling of loss they both suffered was shared. So instead of 'I'm sorry' and some pity, he just nodded and rubbed her hand for comfort.

She gave him a grateful smile and continued. “It tore us apart for a while. We were all heartbroken. My mom especially, though. She never left the bed for months, and that is no exaggeration. She rarely talked and quit taking care of my brother and I. I didn't have time to take care of her, no matter how much I wanted to. I was in all sorts of school activities and I had to watch over my brother.”

He was listening intently to what she was saying, his eyebrows knitted with interest. She felt the familiar ball grow bigger and bigger the more she shared. He gave her confidence by nodding at her to continue. “My mom fell into depression. It killed me to see her in the same clothes everyday, refusing to eat or get up. I tried, Sidney, I tried so hard to keep my family together,” she cried.

A comforting arm was wrapped around her and a soft voice said, “I know, Elizabeth. It's okay. I know you tried. It's not your fault.”

Sobs wracked her body as she fell into him. He rubbed her back and allowed her to cry. After a few minutes of her crying, she pulled herself together and continued the story. “She got worse and worse and a year later my brother and I forced her to go to therapy.”

“She still goes. And I know how lonely she gets without my brother and I staying at home with her. She has never been the same since he died, no matter what we do. Seeing her go through that, I promised myself that I would never let anyone suffer the way she did,” she explained.

At this, Sidney looked down at his lap and muttered, “I'm sorry.”

“You don't have to be sorry, Sidney. I expect you to be upset, confused, lost, or any other feeling you have. But I won't let that weight drown you. I've already seen that happen to someone. I can't let it happen again.”

She found his eyes and his face inched closer to hers. His lips found hers for a deep kiss. She felt her lips quiver against his as he brought a hand to her face.

His other hand made his way down her back and pulled her closer to his muscled body. Her hands found the bottom of his shirt and pulled it over his head. He helped her out of her clothes and soon she was only in her underwear, he in a pair of boxer briefs.

She opened her eyes and smiled at his face and into his eyes, which were full with lust. She traced the scar on his forehead. He shyly slid his right hand down her tan, flat stomach and under her Victoria's Secret boy-cut underwear. She groaned as one finger slid into her, followed by a second and third. Pleasure took over her as her back arched into his solid body.

“I love you,” she said before she could stop herself.

As if there were a time clock, he froze. Then, his hands slid out of her and he stood up. Elizabeth frowned, her nerves from waiting to hear his answer to confusion. “What are you doing?” She asked shakily.

“I'm can't do this. I have to go back to my party. You should go,” he stated, hurriedly putting his clothes back on.

Elizabeth's cheeks flushed with a mixture of embarrassment and anger. She grabbed her shirt and slipped on her underwear before stomping over to Sidney and slapping him as hard as she could.

He didn't respond, just hung his head low so he wouldn't meet here eyes. “Fuck you,” she spat. “I'm in here trusting you with a huge secret and-”

“I'm sorry, I just-”

“Shut the fuck up Sidney. You were the one who kissed me this time. You were the one who got me naked in your bed and now you're telling me you can't? That's fucking bullshit.”
“Elizabeth, please don't be mad-” Sidney tried.

She slapped him again, on the same cheek before grabbing her stuff. “Have a great fucking night and rest of the summer. I hope I never see you again,” she told him before walking out, making sure to slam the door behind her.

She was done.