You Can Let Go Now

Tipovers

You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.

"Hey Sid! I missed you bud!" Cory said, giving his friend a man hug.

"Hey, Cory," Sid said, clapping his friend on the back.

"I'm sorry man, I know it's hard," Cory said referring to the accident.

Sidney nodded, knowing Cory did understand. His mom died when he was fourteen. "Yeah, I'm trying," Sid said, head down.

Cory was quiet for a moment, there wasn't much to say, until he said, "Here come CJ and Andrew. Ready?"

Sidney nodded, they were going boating for a while. It was ninety degrees out, so CJ suggested they go out to cool off.

After Sidney greeted his other friends, they loaded the boat with their stuff and drove off in the water.

Sid drove around for a while before he stopped and turned off the boat, wanting to jump in the water. Before he could go anywhere, he and his friends heard screaming. They looked up to see two girls on a row boat, which was about to tip over.

The blond was shaking it back and forth, laughing while the strawberry blond was screaming and holding on for dear life. However, when she got up to stop the blond, it threw the boat off balance and they tipped over.

After the guys got their laughs in, Andrew said, "Dude they look like they need help."

"You can get go help them then, buddy. I'm not going anywhere," CJ said, still laughing.

"I have a better idea," Andrew said. Before Sidney knew what was happening he was in the water, glaring up at his friend.

"Assholes!" He yelled.

His friends laughed, but Cory decided Sid probably couldn't help them on his own, so he followed Sid and jumped in.

"I really hate you guys," Sid said as they started swimming.

"Hey! It wasn't me!" Cory reminded him.

"At least they look hot," Cory added, smirking when his friend gave him a look.

"I don't care what they look like, I just want to help them," Sid said.

Cory sighed, his friend wasn't the same ever since Emily died. He did understand, but it was as if Sidney wouldn't even try to move on.

Instead of saying something else, Cory yelled to the girls, "Do you ladies need some help?"

They both looked over, the reddish haired one blushed and said, "Uh..yeah, that'd be great."

Elizabeth blushed as she noticed who came over. One was a strong, attractive blond and the other was Sidney Crosby. She couldn't help but to stare at him as he quietly swam over and helped them flip the boat back over.

Once Elizabeth and a tipsy McKenzie got back in the boat-with the boys help- McKenzie asked, "Do you need a ride?"

The blond looked at Sidney Crosby who shook his head. Elizabeth was confused, they were just being nice and offering a ride and he declines with out reason. The blond, however, said, "Yes, please."

Elizabeth saw the glare that was sent from the dark haired boy to his friend as they climbed in the boat, unfortunately keeping their life vests on. Elizabeth could only imagine what kind of bodies they had. "You can just take us over....." Cory looked around, trying to find their boat. He looked back at Sidney, who was picking at the boat.

"Dude, where'd your boat go?" he asked.

"They probably drove around," Sidney said, and that was the first time Elizabeth heard his voice.

"You can just take us back to our dock, it's right over there," Cory said, pointing.

"Oh! That's right by ours! We live a couple of doors down!" McKenzie excitedly told them.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes at her friend's drunkenness, she couldn't even stand up straight. Cory laughed and said, "Well it's Sid's place, but we'd love to party sometime."

McKenzie went to sit over by the boys but lost her balance and fell right onto Sidney and Elizabeth couldn't tell if it was on purpose or not. She watched as Sidney stiffened and McKenzie laughed saying, "I'm so sorry! I just....really..."

Elizabeth walked over and helped her friend off Sidney, who looked angry. Elizabeth was again confused. Sure, McKenzie was sloppy when she was drunk, but she didn't do anything that bad.

After she sat McKenzie safely down by her, she rowed the boys back to their dock. "Here we are," she said, pulling up.

"Thanks for the ride," Cory said adding, "We'll have to make it up to you sometime."

Elizabeth blushed and said, "It's not big deal. We'll see you guys later."

They both waved and she headed back to their house, a smile on her face.