Status: Working On It

Hero's Heroine

02

“Aw, thanks Log,” Keren grinned and squinted her eyes at Logan. Out of pure jealously, I flipped her between the eyes. “Ow!”

“Thank you sister dear,” I flicked my tongue out at Keren and turned my attention back towards Logan. “Thank you for the flowers. I love wildflowers.”

“I know,” Logan smiled and when I furrowed my brows, he awkwardly scratched his neck and laughed. “I always see you picking wildflowers out back when Ker and I are doing homework. You seem to love it.”

“That’s her wildflower patch back there, dad had them planted for her,” Keren smiled and looked lovingly at me. “She adores that place, good eye, Logan. You stalker.”

“Shut up, Keren,” Logan rolled his eyes and took a seat at the end of the hospital bed. “What have they said?”

“They got her stable and we’re able to go when the nurse brings in the discharge papers,” Keren recapped sticking her bare feet under Logan’s leg. “Sorry, my toes are cold.”

“Yeah,” I rolled my eyes at Keren; she was trying to make me mad, she did that often. “But the lady hasn’t come back.”

“I’ll go get the papers, she probably got distracted,” Logan stood up and gave a polite smile before he left. The moment the door shut, I pushed Keren and she pushed me back. We had started a push war that would most likely end bad.

“You know I like him, you asshole!” I started slapping her and she returned it, we must have looked ridiculous.

“I know, it’s so much fun,” she laughed and fell backwards, holding my wrist so she wouldn’t get slapped. She was laughing so hard her face was turning red from lack of air, I could feel mine getting just as red, from anger. “He’s such a cutie. I would love to see him with you but you don’t flirt, I’m hoping one day you’ll get so angry at me that you’ll start.”

“You’re such a bitch, I hate you,” I stopped forcing my hands towards her neck and fell back against the bed beside her. “I like him a lot, Keren. I just know he won’t like me like that.”

“I know,” she murmured quietly looking up at the sky. “I hate standing by, watching what could be such a cute couple act like complete morons and avoid getting together.”

“I’m not a complete moron, I’m just shy,” I tried in vain to defend myself but even to my own ears, I sounded like I was making a weak excuse. “What should I do?”

“Not be a baby, how about you tell him how you feel?” Keren bluntly answered and got smacked in the stomach by my right hand for it. “Ow, okay. I mean how about I help you?”

“How the hell would you help me? You’re about as subtle as a freight train,” I laughed at her but she didn’t return the carefree attitude I was projecting. My laugh died out and my smile faded into a frown. “Okay, how would you help me?”

“I would continue being his bestest friend and secretly I would plant these ideas about how great you are,” Keren smiled proudly and nudged me in the ribs. “Eventually, he will fall in—holy crap did you hear about that?”

“What?” I was so interested in her diabolical plan that I didn’t notice Logan had walked in with the nurse, which was why Keren went flippy. “Finish telling me what you were saying!”

“I did,” she narrowed her eyes and shot them towards the door, behind me. I followed her gaze and broke out in nervous laughter. “Did you guys give her loopy meds? She’s been doing this all night.”

“No, that’s strange,” the nurse walked over and checked all my vitals and I pretended to be very interested in what she had to say just so I wouldn’t look at Logan and start laughing again. He made me nervous, more than any boy I’d ever met.

“Logan, why don’t you help Danielle to her wheelchair,” Keren nodded to the wheelchair the nurse brought in. I frowned at Keren for being so blunt about it but she merely shrugged her shoulders and flashed a grin before she started signing some papers for the nurse.

“Come here,” Logan held his hands out in front of me, I grabbed each hand. Really milking it, you know, and used his hands to balance myself when I jumped off the bed. I sat down in the wheelchair with Logan’s help and watched patiently as Keren handed the papers back to the nurse. “Should she get home right now or can I take them both out to eat first?”

“She’ll be fine,” the nurse smiled widely at Logan, obviously she found him to be attractive. She was just in her early twenties. Keren and I both gave her evil looks that matched. “But if she continues to do the loopy thing…I’d take her back to the ER.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovely. No subscriptions and only one comment.