Status: In progress

Spirit Dreamers

My names Malean and I'm eighteen years old. In a family of seven and I live in Littlecliff, California. My hometown. There isn't much to do here, besides dropping off mail at the post office, go to the Littlecliff's library, and eat at the Mcdonald's up the street. If you wanted to see a movie or check out the mall, you'd have to drop up to Palmvale, which is thirty minutes away. The Antelope Valley district here is mainly filled with Joshua trees, large empty dirt filled fields, and not enough grass.

I didn't always live here though. I used to live in the city. Mainly in Los Angles. I was basically an L.A girl. But my parents couldn't afford the city anymore, and decided to move out to the valley since it was a lot more cheaper. Of course my brother George (the oldest), and my sister Isabelle (the third youngest), hated it; I was probably fussing more over it than they had, now that I think back. And my little brother Jamie (the fourth youngest), was in his own little kids world to understand what was really going on. But the thought of living in Los Angles now...it makes me feel odd. I hate big cities.

My other sister Kalynn (the youngest), wasn't born until a year after living in the valley. By the way, I'm NOT a valley girl, so PLEASE don't call me that, I actually make fun of those girls. Moving on. We've been living in the valley since I was ten years old. It'll be ten years of living here after my birthday; can't wait.

But I got used to it out here. Sure when summer comes, you wish you'd freeze to death, than to continue another minute of the suns hideous heat, boiling your skin, but when it's winter here (no matter how cold it gets) I can't imagine living anywhere else. Winter became my favorite season because I was able to experience playing in the snow.

Last year in December was the best. The snow came up to my thighs, even our dog loved it. Her names Star, by the way. She's a Corgi mix. Oh, and I can't forget about my cat. Isis (I've had her since I was five), Diana (a year old), and Spunky (Diana's sister, also a year old).

So, were a pretty big family...a big family having to move is never easy...