Status: In progress

Spirit Dreamers

Solo

The scene from yesterday kept popping up in my head. It was completely confusing, but Scott's powerful touch kept me smiling and wishing he was near me. I rambled on and on about Scott to Isabella, hoping she could imagine his beauty the way I described him, but she hardly listened as well as nodded.

When I tried texting Avery, since there was no school today because it was a holiday, I tried getting an explanation from her for the unfinished meeting in the school's field the other day, but when she didn't answer my texts (obviously avoiding me), I thought about texting Nick to get some answers. But ever since Victor told me to choose between Nick and Scott, I had purposely been coming up with excuses not to talk to him whenever he'd text me. So I did the next thing that was left for the night; going to sleep at a decent time, which I had been avoiding as well...as soon as I laid down, my tensed body and mind relaxed, I deeply yawned, as my heavy eye lids shut and never wanted to open again.

...It was happening again. I looked down at my other body that I was hoping not to be in again.

*...No no no! I don't want to be here! Take me back!*

I said to myself and began running as far as my new body could take me. I had no idea how to get out or where to run to. There was nothing else but the vast forest that blurred past me, with ever mile I completed. Then, I suddenly came to a halt. My nostrils stung by a scent that made my body tense, that made me alert, and made my insides crawl. I've never smelled it before, but I didn't want to stick around to see where the source was coming from.

I slowly backed away, when I had realized that I was actually at the source. It was an extended and large passage way that was hidden well enough behind tree logs and very high strands of grass that was between giant layers of solid earth, which was covered almost completely by moss, underneath a large and thick cliff side.

Above, towered the most extravagant tree in the entire forest. The tree's roots had driven themselves into and around the cliff side, as well as in between the layered stones, looking especially difficult to cut down. The bottom of the tree had wide openings that even my body was big enough to fit through. The energy there and the stinging scent, gave me a bad feeling, like I wasn't supposed to be there for any cause.

I continued to gaze at the opening of the entrance, wondering if they had sensed my presence. I had seen nothing but dirt and darkness, sensing no other, but staying cautious nonetheless.

My body had reacted before my brain could comprehend what had happened, when I suddenly heard growling from behind me, which triggered my body to jump up on top of the cliff side, as a cat would have done if it was startled from behind.

As soon as my feet touched the surface, I spun around in a crouched position, ready to defend myself.

The fur on the back of my neck rose as I growled deeply within my chest. Slowly, I backed myself against the massive tree behind me, wanting to get away from the circle of wolves below. There were five of them; each of them seemed to be on the defense as well. And in that split second, I sprung, landed a great distance away, and bolted out of there, the same time the group of wolves made their way in the exact spot I had been standing in.

I listened to their growls, barks, and the rhythm of their paws whenever they made contact with the soil, I picked up my pace, my heavy but strong muscles, moving drastically well away from the pack of vicious wolves.

Finally, when my new body seemed to be close to wanting to stop, the wolves came to a quick halt as soon as they heard the ear piercing howling that echoed throughout the forest. This giving me the opportunity to run up a tree like the scaredy cat I was.

I looked down, wondering what they were to do next, only to find them retreating, back to what seemed to be their hang out.

I stayed alert. They may very well be absent, but my adrenaline was still very much pumping!

*...Oh my gosh...that was close...where did they go??*

I said to myself, as I looked around, wondering if it was safe to jump down and leave, but before I could even decide, the pack of wolves were back. I growled deeply, to show that I meant business, snarling as they came closer to the tree, which I could no longer cling onto. I was heavier than I thought.

I was startled and suddenly stopped snarling when a young man’s voice had entered my head, which sounded familiar, and who also knew my name.

*Malean...chill out...it's just me and my friends.*

I stared down at the wolves. Trying to figure out which one of them had spoken, but I was still too frightened to give my complete attention.

Again, the same voice spoke up.

*Haha Malean, seriously get down. My friends aren't going to chase you anymore, I already talked to them.*

His voice was even more familiar sounding, which helped my tense mind relax some as well as trusting the talking wolf who knew my name.

I jumped down, turning quickly in slight defense, but I was only greeted by two dark red eyes that I could have sworn that I've seen before. The red jumped out well from the wolves’ solid black fur. The wolf towered the rest of the pack, as he stood in the very middle, proudly.

I watched him with curiosity, when I asked him *...How do you...know my name?*

The red eyed wolf seemed to have grinned when he spoke again *Awh, come on Lean, don't you recognize me?? It's me! Nick1oai!*

My posture relaxed, setting my rear end down.

*...Nick??*

I asked in disbelief.

*Haha, yeah! It's me, and these are my friends that you met at school, remember?*

My eyes scanned over the rest of the wolves. Each of them, re-introducing themselves again. The dark brown wolf with orange and yellowish eyes, took a few steps forward, as her voice entered my mind.

*I'm Juno. The beta female of the pack.*

Then my eyes met the strange wolf eyes next to Juno. The left eye being completely silver while the other being solid gold, with fur as white as pure snow. This wolf took a couple of steps forward too, when her voice came to me.

*I'm Leiar. The other female beta in the pack.*

Then the russet wolf next to Leiar, with green shy eyes, and a slight Louisiana accent spoke up.

*I'm Alexandra...and I'm too young to have a position yet.*

The other white wolf with solid ice blue eyes spoke up with a strong Virginia accent.

*I'm Drayor and I'm the omega wolf in this pack.*

And then the last wolf in the entire pack took a few steps forward. He bowed his head, showing off a silver streak that ran in a zigzag formation, down the middle of their back, that balanced out nicely well between their fur; which was as black as the night sky itself. Their solid deep blue eyes meet mine when they finally spoke, with a slight Canadian accent.

*And I'm James, the male beta in the wolf pack. It's nice to see you again. Well, in your other form, but it still is a very pleasant surprise. Please, forgive us all for chasing you, heh.*

*And I'm the alpha of the pack!*

Nick said loudly and proudly.

I was speechless; I had no idea what to say. So I said the only thing that came to mind, that everyone else was able to hear.

*...You’re a werewolf...*

I was startled by Nick's laughter.

*Yup! We all are. But didn't you know that already? You saw me that first time, remember? When that damn cougar hurt you.*

The memory came back to me, causing me to gasp out loud.

*That was you?!*

*Haha, yeah!*

*Oh my gosh...*

Nick decided to change the subject while I was deep in thought.

*Oh, by the way. My pack started chasing you 'cause you were in our territory...and they thought that you were gonna go inside our den.*

*...Your...den?*

I asked, obviously confused.

*Yeah, that place that you saw, it's called a wolf den.*

*Oh.*

I responded quickly, understanding now.

*But if we knew that it was you, we wouldn't of chased you.*

Juno added.

*Yeah, and we were all just trying to protect our territory.*

Leiar joined in.

*Yeah, plus, we really couldn't tell the difference between y'all. I mean, no offense, but there ain't much of a difference with your guys scent, haha.*

Drayor said with humor.

*No, it’s okay, I totally understand...I didn't know about your guys den...I was just...trying to find a place out of here.*

I said with sadness.

*...You can't go yet...we still need to talk to you.*

Nick said, his eyes set on mine.

*So then...this is all real?? You guys are werewolves and I'm a...were-cat...*

*Yup. I thought your leader already told you all that.*

*My leader? What are you talking about?*

I asked in confusion.

*Yeah...wait, are you telling me that you still haven't picked out teams yet??*

Nick asked with a bit of excitement.

*...Teams…? I have no idea what you’re talking about, Nick.*

*Haha, awesome! You haven't yet! That means we still have a chance.*

He said, with complete hope.

*A chance?...What are you talking about?*

*Okay, now that we have you here alone without those damn cats in the way, I can finally ask you.*

Nick said happily.

*Cats...?*

I asked, not following very well.

*Yeah, you know. Scott and the rest of his gang...*

*...Scott!?*

I asked in shock.

*...Yeah...you know, the guy you've been hanging with at school?*

*...Oh my god; he's the...black panther??*

*...Duh! I thought you already met him in his other form.*

Nick sounded irritated.

*...I did I did, I just...after that night...I tried to forget it...he was trying to tell me who the black wolf was...which is you!*

*...Haha, oh yeaaah! Sorry about that, I woke you up, huh?*

He asked with humor.

*...What, what are you talking about?*

*You know. I was outside, at your house that night, haha.*

I stayed silent, letting the memory come back to me, then gasped when it finally hit me.

*Oh my god! That was you!?*

*Hahaha, yup! Man, you’re such a scardey cat, haha, literally!*

I growled, he was annoying me.

*No duh! How the heck am I supposed to react seeing a big ass shadow like that?!*

Nick continued to laugh until James nudged him.

*Uhm...don't you still have something to ask her, Nickloai?*

*Oh! Right, haha...Malean...we want you to join our pack.*

I was caught off guard.

“...Y-you want me to join your pack??...But you guys are wolves.”

“Yeah, I know, but we rather you join us than join those stupid cats.”

“Um..but I'm a cat too, you know.”

“Yeah, but you’re not a stupid one, haha.”

I chuckled at his joke, but suddenly stopped when I heard a beautiful familiar voice.

“But why would she want to join a bunch of stupid dirty, dogs when she can very well join her own kind?”

The pack of wolves began growling towards my direction, which made me spin around, only to find the powerful black panther from once before, standing about ten feet away, with the rest of the were-cats that I've met once before.

His sliver eyes pulled away from the pack of wolves to peer into mine. His glimmering eyes, shinning, and as I kept his gaze, warm tingles ran throughout my body. And when he said my name, my heart felt as though it were on the verge of bursting right out of my own chest.

“Hey, Malean.”

He said, his voice holding a hint of a smile.

“...Scott??”

His beautiful voice was stored into my memory forever and was very easy to recognize now.

“Yeah, it's me...we've met before this way, remember?”

As soon as he mentioned it, the memory came back to me in an instant, playing as clear as daylight. I was shocked.

“...That was...”

Scott finished my sentence for me.

“Me, yeah...it was all real, Malean, and I thought you understood that...the situation happening right now is all real, no matter how much you wish it weren't.”

“...So they’re the girls that I met at school too, right?”

I asked when everything began making much more sense. Avery's voice came to me when the jaguar took a few steps forward.

“Yes...Malean, you gotta understand, we didn't tell you because we didn't want to freak you out, well actually, Scott mainly tried not to...we were going to tell you that day at school, at the field, but the...other group came and messed it up.”

Juno, the dark brown female beta began to speak.

“Messed it up? How the hell did we mess it up when you guys didn't tell her anything in the first place and took her away?!?”

“Because, we knew that if she stuck around, she would have witnessed what went down that day, which would of freaked her out...which is exactly what we were trying to avoid!” Avery responded.

“Yeah, but what went down could of also been avoided if you guys didn't let us talk to her!” Alexandra, the russet wolf joined in.

“But we had no choice, with the way you guys were trying to come at her! How could we have known if you guys were going to have her turn on us or something?!” Meiar, the cheetah added.

“And how did we know you weren't going to do the same?? We had to talk to her before it was too late, before she made a decision.” Leiar, the white female beta stated.

“Exactly, we had to talk to her before it was too late, before you guys talked her into joining your stupid pack.” Lynn, the leopard said.

“Stupid? If anyone's stupid 'round here, it's y'all cause' instead of telling her who y'all were, you gone and just kept it from her!” Drayor, the white omega, exclaimed.

“But it's only right that she join us, cause' she's one of us! She's not a dirty dog like you guys...” Charlennedy, the cougar sneered.

“And who are you to say which group she belongs to and doesn't belong to?? She can make her own choices, she's a grown woman. Besides, we're all technically all the same, no matter the species.” James, the black male beta pointed out.

“We're all the same, even though we work and joined separately for a god damn good reason!” Charlennedy shouted.

“That's why we’re gonna try and have her join our group before she becomes like you guys! Anyways, I met her first.” Nick pointed out aggressively.

“...And I know her better, but what does that have do with anything??” Scott asked in annoyance, then continued

“We've been doing nothing but giving her time to think it over. But she was too much in denial to decide before. That's why we didn't tell her who we were right away; to give her the time she needed to progress here.” Scott's gently and understanding voice explained, as he lessened the tension in the air, but only for a short time before Nick replied.

“It means she should know who her real friends are...and she looks fine to me. I bet your just making that up so you can have her join your group!”

Nick said, trying to find a flaw in his story. This making Scott's voice harden some, obviously finding his comment offensive.

“She does know...Why would I make that up for?? You, me, and everyone here knows how hard it is to cope with being a therian. And just because she may look fine on the outside, doesn't mean she's okay on the inside...can't you see it? Her soul is partially calling for help.”

Nick cut in and said “Then I'll be that help.”

Then the were-cats and the werewolves were at it again and I was so fed up with it, I just had enough when I suddenly proclaimed “Stop it, stop it!” Silence overcame and all eyes were on me.

“...You guys say that I have to join a group...but I'm not going to join any group if this is the way it's supposed to be; I've made my decision I'm not joining either one of your groups, I'll be on my own...you guys are all my friends and I'm not going to join a group if that means I have to be against the other; and I think it'd be better this way since you guys can't stop arguing over me...”

Nick was the one to break the silence first “Fine then...you guys, your all dismissed.” he said as his voice echoed and his body faded away along with his pack.

I watched in disbelief, asking out loud “...How did they do that?”

My attention suddenly being pulled back to Scott when he answered me “It's pretty simple once you get used to it.” his voice happy again.

Charlennedy yawned showing off her sharp teeth “Hey Scott, I gotta get up early for school tomorrow, so I'm gonna go back.”

The rest of the girls agreed, waiting for Scott's response.

“Alright, you guys can go. I'll see you all tomorrow, goodnight.”

They said their good night's as they faded away, leaving me and Scott to be alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG...I haven't updated in months, sorry guys. But I'm back! :D