Status: In progress

Spirit Dreamers

Honestly?

I switched off my alarm clock quickly, jumping out of bed completely refreshed and ready for the new day with an actual smile. I ran to the bathroom before Isabella could beat me to it, stripping as I entered the shower. Clearly wanting to go to school today.

As soon as the warmish water hit me, I looked up in surprise, as the memory from last night instantly came back to me.

Scott had stayed with me the entire night, explaining the basic rules of being a therian. And again, offering to help me through this new experience for my own safety, since there's risks involved. I began to worry and finally agreed that it was a good idea, but I wasn't quite sure on how it would work out, and as soon as I questioned it, Scott quickly jumped at the opportunity and invited me over to his house every day after school.

Remembering exactly what he said “Well...if you can, you come over to my house right after school ends. And we can do our homework together too, if you'd like. How does that sound?” he asked sincerely, with as much hope in his words as it was in his gaze. And as he watched over my spirit body, I dozed off, the sun rising in the distant horizon; making sure my spirit returned safely back to my body before taking his own leave.

**

The classes without Scott had my thoughts revolving around him, and him only. Counting down each minute that passed, feeling closer and closer to him, having no choice but to wait to see those set of gorgeous eyes on mine.

I partially ran to my choir class, hoping to be there before Scott arrived, and try and hopefully be collected enough without giving off a clingy vibe, but he had already beaten me; along with defeating my plan. I stood there, in the entrance, completely struck by the beauty I had witnessed.

As students continued to arrive and take their seats, Scott was standing, and singing out loud. His voice was truly the most beautifulest voice my ears had ever had the honor to listen to. Every musical word that came from his lips were filled with richness, and I without a doubt, believed what he sang was in fact true. The tingles ran slowly through my body, as he continued singing “Everything” by Michael Buble, and I couldn't help but feel like this was all for me. As soon as his song ended, the entire class broke into applause, me clapping a little too late from still being blown away.

I gave him my compliments after and he took them all with a permanent grin.

**

Lunch began and as I walked with Scott, we seemed to have passed by Nick's group, Scott keeping his eyes at a less irritating view for himself.

I slightly waved towards Nick. He slightly nodded, giving off a small smile, as him and his group continued on walking. I slightly frowned, confused, but trying to shake it off. Then we passed by Avery who seemed to have noticed us first and decided to greet her first.

“Hey, Avery.”

I said with a kind smile.

“Heya.”

Then she looked down and walked away. I looked at Scott for an explanation. He answered, without having to look my way, as though he knew what I was thinking.

“Heh. Don't worry; they just don't understand how you feel about them anymore.”

I frowned deeply in confusion, shaking my head to show this as we waited in the cafeteria line, “What do you mean??”

“Well, since you told us that you chose to hang solo, they feel that it's partly their fault, or you don't like them as much as they assumed.” he answered, grabbing two green, and plastic trays for the both of us.

“No...that's not true at all. I still like them all the same and that was my choice alone.” I said, thanking him as I grabbed my tray from him and began plopping things on to it.

“I know, Malean, but they don't.” he said, with a stern expression.

“...How do you know, did they tell you this??” I asked, hoping to find this new information false, while we both swiped our school ID's and punched in our codes.

Scott shook his head, then answered, “No, they didn't tell me...since we're all the same species, were able to communicate when were in our spirit forms...that also goes for when were awake.”

“...What do you mean?” I asked, quite not following, as we sat down across from one another in our lunch table.

“...Like right now...your confused, a little sad, and guilty...also, nervous.” he smiled at the last of his sentence. The last of what he said sending me lovely warmth. “Am I right?” his expression amused, waiting for me to say yes, since he was so spot on.

“Hah....um, yeah; that sounds about right, haha.” I looked down in embarrassment, picking at my lunch. Suddenly wondering how he knew all that, naming the possibilities, such as him being able to read well into body languages, or people's auras.

I was startled by Scott's sudden laughter, asking him what was so amusing.

“Hahaha, you don't have to freak out, well I guess it is crazy sounding, haha, but it's pretty cool if you ask me.” he said as his eyes smiled back at me.

I chuckled, “I wasn't freaking out.”

“Haha, now your denying it!”

“What?! Haha, how do you kno-...ohhhh!”

We both laughed together. Then I suddenly asked, “But how?? I mean, is it feelings or thoughts? Like how we can communicate the way we do when we’re sleeping, is it like that?”

“Mmm, yeah, I guess you can say that. 'Cause we all have a connection...for example; what do you feel when your around me?” he asked as he sipped slowly from his carton of chocolate milk, completely amused.

I quickly adverted my gaze, my face slowly warming up, a large grin appearing.

I let out a breathy laugh as I asked, “What do you mean?”

He continued, smiling with amusement, as he waited and said “I mean what I asked..what do you feel right now with me here...?”

I chuckled nervously, not wanting to ruin anything between us because of my intense feelings for him. Stalling wasn't an option. So I tried answering as slowly as I could.

“...Um...like, honestly...?”

He chuckled and nodded, “Yes...honestly...”

Silence and pressure were wearing me down, until the school's bell rang, making them vanish instantly relaxing me, and returning my pulse back to normal. And for once I thoughtfully thanked the bell *Oh, thank god!...Saved by the bell...* and laughed at my own random pun that wasn't intended.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gotta give a big thanks to my new readers for inspiration! A short chapter but still important nonetheless. Every character are all based on real people, but SOME are going to be replaced with new characters (real people) in later chapters.