Status: In progress

Spirit Dreamers

Soulmates

Those two words somehow made my insides light up, a smile forming upon my lips, as though he just told me he loved me. I was speechless, finally I said “...What? Heh, your...soulmate?”

He nodded solemnly as he answered “Yes...and I know you feel it too...I can tell you do. I mean, we have the therian connection, but I knew that this connection felt different when I first laid eyes on you...somehow more intense than the regular connection. The day at the field at school proved that, do you remember??”

I adverted my gaze trying to think back, then answered “...When you told me to leave and...touched me?”

A soft smile appeared on his lips “Yeah...plus your reaction gave it away, haha.”

I shook my head in disbelief, still trying to comprehend it “Wait wait, sooo...this isn't a joke?...I'm really your soulmate??”

He slightly chuckled and said “Yeah, no joke, I'm being completely honest right now.”

I kept asking, still not buying the fact that Scott Vance was in fact my soulmate “Soulmate as innnn?”

“Hah, as in my companion, as in two people who have a deep affinity from one another, as innnn you-complete-me, haha, should I go on?”

I laughed, then shook my head, “No...but how do you know that I'm your real soulmate?”

He smiled from my confusion as he grabbed a hold of my palm, and said “From what I can feel and what I see in front of me; you’re truly my other half, Malean.”

His eyes peered into mine, making me feel weak and warm at the same time. His words spoke the truth, my heart practically leaping out like crazy, wanting to greet his.

I swallowed back nervously, my cheeks reddening but wanting to ask “...Is there a difference since we’re therian's?” I asked, curiously wanting to learn more.

“Good question, heh, but I don't think so. Just the fact that our souls can literally be together, haha...oh, I left something out.”

“What?” I asked, searching his gaze.

“Well...we have a telepathic bond too...and if we're ever un-willingly separated, we'd suffer this tremendous pain...” he said with sadness.

And every single word was obviously true, but it was positively true, his emotions and thoughts...were now what I could apprehend and feel now...and honestly; I enjoyed knowing that fact.

I grasped his hand, wanting to remove his sadness, I said “...That's not gonna'' happen, Scott…”

He softly smiled my way as he said “Okay, before my aunt calls us in for dinner, we should finish...” he trailed off, staring at my lips, obviously wanting to kiss me again. This made me look down sheepishly as I chuckled, while he shook his head and said “You’re such a distraction! Hahaha.”

As soon as he made me calm, I was breathing again, feeling that same pressure from once before, expanding throughout my body, while listening to Scott’s gentle and beautiful voice telling me to keep it up until I had perfect control over my charka.

“You should be able to control it as easy as turning on a light switch.” he softly added

I slowly nodded to show that I understood him.

“Okay, now stop what you’re doing and open your eyes to start over.”

I did exactly what he said to do and began once again and within those few seconds of inhaling in and out, I opened my eyes feeling my charka much more quickly than before.

Scott met my astonished gaze, nodding in understanding, as he said “Great, you got it!” he grinned

I returned the grin “Wow…that felt really good.”

“It felt good because not only were you controlling opening your charka, but you were also meditating, which helps relax you. Here’s the trick, when you want to just have a good nights rest without going off into the spirit world, just do what I taught you today and you should be fine.” He smiled.

“Okay!” I said happily, nodding completely aware of what to do for tonight.

**

After dinner Scott gave his aunt, Tammy, the news of the two of us becoming an item (as well as calming her), Scott took me back home. He was even nice enough to walk me to the front door.

He smiled sheepishly, then finally said “So..I guess this is goodnight.”

I nodded then looked down, trying to hide the sadness that suddenly came over me, wanting the time I had with him, the last minutes that were finally coming to an end, to last; to magically extend somehow.

He noticed this “Hey, we’ll see each other again tomorrow. How about I pick you up here for school?”

The thought brought an instant grin to my sheepish face, but I didn’t want Scott to go through the trouble just for me. Especially knowing for a fact that he’d have to wait for me as I scurry throughout my house trying to get ready like a headless chicken (as my mom would say), and possibly forgetting about what to bring to school because I was too busy being a nervous wreck trying to pick out an outfit and makeup to match to impress him. I shook my head side to side stubbornly, as well as wanting the vision to vanish from my memory.

“No, no. You don’t have to do that.” I said too quickly.

“Why not? I really don’t mind picking you up, Malean.” He smiled knowingly.

“It’s not that I don’t want to see you” quickly trying to reassure him as I continued to explain myself “I just don’t want you to have to wait for me because I might take long…” I trailed off nervously

“Heh, it’s fine Malean, I don’t mind waiting for you…especially you.” His eyes peering into mine. I adverted my gaze as the warm tingles ran along and tickled my back from his loving gorgeous gaze.

I smiled feeling flushed as I asked “…Are you sure?”

He gave a soft smile my way and answered with “Of course I’m sure…and after school, we can hang out again if you want? I just wasn’t sure if you had any plans for tomorrow, heh.”

I shook my head and chuckled “Course I don’t. I was just..hoping..you know, that you didn’t have any.” I smiled and adverted my gaze.

He smiled softly, shook his head too, then said “No, no I don’t…you’re my new plan now.”

I felt my face quickly warm up as I became giddy, but before I could say anything else, he softly cradled my face and placed his beautiful lips against mine. I moved my lips with his, instantly forgetting about my embarrassing family possibly watching from the windows and the entire world. The only thing that I knew whenever his lips connected with mine, was that I was exactly where I was meant to be and nowhere else, that I was going on the right path, that his tender sweet lips were made for me, that he was made for me; and I for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who didn't see their relationship coming? Lol, yeah, it had to happen sometime. :)