Status: In progress

Spirit Dreamers

Time Of The Month?

I felt an odd urge to run. So, that's what I began doing, I ran, but I was running differently. I ran in such a powerful speed, but graceful at the same time. My entire body stretching with every jump I made. It felt great, and strangely right.

The trees and the animals, flashed by me, as I sped up, curious as how fast I could really go with this new ability of mine. Everything around me turned into a blur, my speed increasing, my pulse enhancing, but my heart feeling healthier than ever. It was such an exhilarating experience!

I freaked out when I noticed that I was running on all fours, like an animal! I suddenly stopped to a halt, to study myself, but I still couldn't stand up like I wanted to. I ran towards the direction of the flowing river, nearby.

A jolt of shock ran through my body, as I stared at my reflection in the water. I was a freaking tiger! I stared at the white bangle tiger, as it stared back at me with aqua blue eyes. My iris widen, reacting to my shock.

I shot my head towards the side of me, going into a defensive position, something was following me.

The same cougar from before froze in its tracks, watching me, standing still, a couple of feet away from where I was standing.

I relaxed my posture, realizing that I saw this same cougar yesterday, but I still didn't move one bit, even though I was curious as to what the hell was going on.

*...Am I...dreaming...?*

I asked myself within my thoughts.

*Uh, not really.*

I slightly jumped, startled by the new voice that entered my mind. It was a young girls voice, sounding the age of fifteen. And she seemed to have a Mississippi accent.

*...Did you just talk??*

*Uh, yeah.*

*...You can...hear me??*

*Of course I can.*

*But, how??...I-I'm talking inside my head.*

*Yeah, that's how we communicate. That's how every animal communicates...you must be a newbie...*

I frowned in confusion. I was talking to a freaking cougar! This was crazy, I was crazy.

*...What are you talking about...?*

The cougar stayed silent, as they walked towards my side, leaving enough space between us, to continue to watch me. Her eyes not leaving my sight.

*...No one’s told you yet...*

*Told me what??*

*….You're one of-*

My body bolted straight up, as my eyes shot wide open, while I inhaled a shocking gasp, as though I had just jumped out of a pool from being underneath water for too long. I coughed hysterically from how quickly I had gasped for air.

Isis had shocked me awake, when she jumped on me, trying to get down from the windowsill above me. She surprisingly stayed on top of me, as I took in long deep breaths, trying to slow my pulse that was pulsating way too fast. I rolled out of bed, and quickly made my way to my bathroom. I rushed to the sink, turned on the faucet, and drank the flowing water, like there was no tomorrow.

I was so thirsty, for some reason, like I'd been running for miles. As soon as I quenched my thirst, I rubbed water on my face, and around my neck. My skin had been burning too, I was partially sweating in my sleep, which never happens.

I watched the water disappear down the drain, as I leaned over the sink, while concentrating on my breathing.

I stared at my reflection, glad that I wasn't a tiger, that it was just me. Chills ran down my spine, as the image ran through my head, remembering how real it felt, how vivid it was.

My reddish brown hair and curly hair, left down, the strands lying just below my shoulders, my creamish skin tone, now mixed with red from how hot I was, so my round pudgy cheeks were slightly red.

*What kind of dream was that??*

I asked myself, being glad that no one else could hear my thoughts. I shook off the next chill, when I remembered that the cougar was able to hear me.

I continued to gaze at myself. Noticing that I've some lost weight (even though I'd been eating more, and not really doing anything active), and my arms seemed to be thicker than usual (even though I certainly don't hit the gym at all!).

I grabbed my tooth brush, put some water over it, and squeezed a line of Colgate on it, then started brushing my teeth.

I grinned to brush my teeth from the front, but closed in on the bathroom mirror when I noticed something. I quickly finished brushing my teeth, washed my mouth out with water, and tippy toed to study my teeth better.

I continued to bite down to better view my teeth...my canine teeth seemed to look a bit sharper than I remembered. I touched them; they actually did feel sharper.

I stopped peering at my teeth when I remembered my shoulder. I turned around, as I touched it, to look at it through the mirror. I made a puzzling expression when I realized that the scars were almost completely gone!

“Oh my god...wow.”

I breathed, as I talked out loud to myself. I began to assume that Nick had used some great medicine when he said he cleaned up the scratches for me, when I was knocked out.

After I was done checking it out, I opened the bathroom door to lay back down on my bed, finding Isis waiting for me outside as usual, right at the bottom of the bathroom door.

“Hey there, Princess Cia.”

She looked up at me with her gooseberry green eyes, then meowed at me, which seemed comforting.

I bent down and picked her up, cradling her in my arms, as I made my way back to my bed.

I set her down, the same time I plopped down onto my bed.

Then I went on all fours, and stretched my body out, my arms extending, my backside, rising as I extended my body, as far as it could go. And for some odd reason, I felt the urge to claw at my mattress. It felt oddly, nice.

I looked at my nails when I felt that they had gotten longer; they've gotten sharp, but they looked a little sharper than all the other times they've grown out.

I sat back up, leaning against my bed frame. Bits of pieces of my dream, popping through my mind.

Isis sat across from me, and peered at me. This time, I gazed back, wondering why she was gazing at me with such concentration.

Her pretty gooseberry green eyes seemed as though they held some type of knowledge that I couldn't comprehend; as though she knew something about me; like she was trying to explain it to me; by staring at me with her intelligent green eyes. Her light brown and gray stripped coat, touchable, along with her noticeable "M" above her eyes on her forehead. Forever to notify me of her Egyptian traits, of the Mau breed she is.

The cougar's voice echoed through my head, remembering what she said before I woke up.

*That's how every animal communicates...*

I slowly repeated her words, in a low voice, trying to repeat the words exactly.

I slightly frowned in confusion, when I had noticed that Diana and Spunky sat patiently at my feet, peering at me as well. Spunky, staring at me with her yellow eyes, her pure white coat fading in the moonlight, while Diana's green/yellow eyes deeply stared back at my fair brown eyes. Her long and beautiful pure gray coat, simmering from the moonlights glow from the window above. My cats softly purred in chorus, as though someone was gently petting them.

“You guys...? Spunk? Anna...? What's wrong with you guys...? Are you guys hungry or something?”

I asked, my voice lowered, not wanting to wake Isabella up.

They jumped away when my mom suddenly opened the bedroom door.

“Come on you- oh, your already awake. Wake up Isabella too, so you guys can start unpacking your stuff, to organize this room.”

I sighed in slight annoyance, wishing she'd knock first, or something. Her nagging voice breaking the silence, and my relaxing morning.

“Okay. Isabella, get up already.”

My mom left our room. Isabella turned over on her side, to look over to me.

“What time is it?”

“Uhhh.”

I flipped open my cell phone, finding a couple text messages from my friends. I pressed “View later” to check the time.

“It's eleven twenty.”

I went through my texts messages, to see who exactly texted me. One of them being from Nick, who had texted me an hour ago.

Hey.

It said. I replied to his text first.

Hey, Nick.

Then replied to my other friends texts. I closed my cell, but before I could set it down, my phone vibrated three times. Nick replied with a simple.

Sup?

I stood up, as I texted back.

Nothing. Just woke up. And getting ready to unpack my stuff. What's up with you? Oh, and hey, when you told me that you cleaned my shoulder, what did you use?

I untied the black plastic bags of my clothes, and poured them out, as I continued to text.

Cool. Just gettin’ ready for work. And I used nothin’ but hydrogenperoxdie. Y?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know. You can text me after work, if you want to. Oh...just wondering, cuz the cuts have been healing, like really fast, so I thought you used something else.

It's cool. Yeah ill txt you on my lunch break...oh cool.

I frowned at his lack of enthusiasm.

Ok, cool. Yeah...I'll ttyl, then. Bye.

Yea ttyl.

I shut my phone and continued untying the rest of the bags, while Isabella went to go use the bathroom.

**

I walked into the kitchen, hoping there was some type of meat like food inside the refrigerator. I was hungry, wanting to stuff my stomach with something meaty. I was happy to find ham and turkey, along with mayo and ketchup (I know), ooh, and milk.

I pulled out the gallon of milk, opening it, and began drinking out of it. I gulped the delicious cold milk down, till I had enough.

As I was closing the fridge, backing away from it, my back had been bumped by something. I instantly dropped the food, jumped away in paranoia, and pushed away whatever had bumped into me.

I heard a thud and Jamie's voice say.

“Oww!”

My dad came rushing in to help him up.

“Why did you do that!?”

“Oh my god, I'm sorry Jamie! I-I didn't see him behind me.”

“Be careful!”

My dad said, completely pissed off.

“...Are you okay?”

Jamie got up, as he rubbed the back of his head in pain.

“Uh, I think so.”

Jamie answered, not completely sure.

**

I was in my bedroom, moving furniture around where Isabella and I wanted it to be. It wasn't that heavy (to my surprise) when I moved everything by myself; even though it felt a lot heavier before when I tried moving it alone at our old house.

Suddenly, I jumped up, swung my body, and landed on top of my bed on all fours, staring at my door.

My little brother stood in my doorway, staring at me, with wonder and shock.

“...What do you want??”

I snapped at him, sitting up, and getting off my bed.

“...Uhhh, mom and dad need your help outside.”

I sighed, hating how they told me to do more than one thing all at once.

“With what??”

“With the TV and other things...what's wrong with you?”

“Nothing! Tell them I'll be out there, just go.”

“Okay...”

Jamie left my room, as he mumbled “Is it the time of the month?”

I made a grr-ing sound, completely annoyed now.

“I heard that!”

Jamie ran away, assuming that I was about to chase him down, and make him take back what he said.

I shook my head from his comment. He was right though; what was wrong with me??

**

I went outside to help my family. Passing by our neighbors yard, I automatically hissed at their large dog (something that I usually do to dogs who bark at people for absolutely no reason, it annoyed me) that started barking at me.

“Hmph, stupid dog.”

**

As soon as I helped George get the heavy things out of the car, and into the house, I was sent back outside to throw out the trash (since George was too busy to do it himself, even though it was his job to take out the trash).

I dumped the bag of trash inside the blue trash bin, and started making my way back to the house, but was startled by a lose dog that was sniffing my legs.

I made a realistic growl, deep within my throat, making the small stupid dog run away with its tail between its legs.

I looked down towards the ground, being shocked by what I had just done. I've growled before; but this growl sounded way too real...

*...What the hell was that...??*

I had no clue.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to work on the next chapter, so pleeeease be patient. Comments would be nice.