Status: In progress

Spirit Dreamers

Inner Reflection

It was four in the morning now, I was tossing and turning, and I couldn't fall asleep! It was hot, even though I wore a simple t-shirt, panties, and no pants, with no blankets, just a sheet, that laid slightly over my thighs. I would fall asleep, but I'd wake up again, it was turning into a pattern now.

I sighed in frustration, as I slid off my bed, and walked into my bathroom. I turned on the light, only to find that my reflection in the mirror in front of me; wasn't me. My eyes widen in shock, as I trembled in fear and gazed upon the reflection. I had animal ears on top of my head, sharp fangs jutting out from my mouth, long whiskers sticking out from my cheeks, a nose completely shaped like a snout, my irises were animal like too. My hands weren't even hands anymore, they were freaking large paws! I looked behind me, feeling a weird motion from my butt...it was a long tail! Looking back to the reflection, my animal like eyes began tearing up.

I cried from the sadness of what I had just dreamt, and as soon as I opened my eyes the tears from the dream finally escaped, streaming down my cheeks, and into my hair. I wiped the tears away, being glad that my face felt like my face; but I slowly got up and out of bed, making my way to my bathroom, just to make sure.

I held my breath, and slowly flipped the switch on, staring at myself in the mirror. I relaxed, staring at my sleepy self.

“Why's this happening to me??”

I asked myself, holding back the tears that wanted to return.

I shut the door, stripped down, turned on the shower (using a little warm water), and walked into the shower. I let the coldish water hit the top of my head, and run down around my curves, running down into the drain below me. I sighed in content, I felt much better now.

After standing in the shower for about ten minutes, I got out, dried myself, and got dressed, shut off the light, then opened the door to find Spunky sitting there waiting for me. Even though it was really dark, I could tell it was her by her smallish body, and white solid fur.

She yawned, her mouth stretching open very wide, the inside of her mouth being filled with absolute darkness, like her face had disappeared. I quickly flipped on the bathroom light switch and looked back down to her. She just sat there, gazing up at me. I relaxed when she meowed at me, sounding like she just said “mommy”, which I found really cute.

I scooped her up, and set her down on my bed. I turned on the lamp beside my bed, on top of my nightstand, then grabbed my laptop, and turned it on.

I opened up Firefox, quickly typing into the search engine (that was my homepage) 'Human Animals'.

The results that came up weren’t really what I was looking for.

“...What kind of animal was I??”

I whispered to myself, not wanting to wake Isabella up.

I clicked on Images, to see if any of the pictures that they had, looked anything similar to what I was from in my dream.

I quickly typed in the search box “cat girl”, when the scene from the dream appeared clearly, as though I called to it.

Most of the images were animated girls with cat ears. Only one picture stuck out to me. It wasn't exactly the scene from my dream, but it was close enough than all the other pictures.

It was obviously a picture that was edited by “PhotoShop”, while the rest was body paint. It was a real girl, with a human body, that had some cat features, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted to find a picture that resembled the scene from my dream, so I clicked back to the search box and typed in “different cat girls”, and when I kept getting more cats and animation porn, which was known as “Hentai”.

I almost gave up, until an image caught my eye, and that's when it hit me.

*....I wasn't a cat...I was...a tiger...?*

I clicked the search box and typed in “girl tiger”. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach when most of the images that popped up were bangle tigers.

Okay, I was done looking at images, so I pressed the “web” tab, clicked the search box and put “can people become animals”, nothing caught my eye, so next I put “can people turn into animals”, which came up from the suggestions.

I quickly right clicked on each title that looked promising and clicked on “open link in new tab”, so that way I wouldn't lose the other websites just in case I didn't find what I was looking for. “Shapeshifting – Wikipedia" came up first and "Yahoo answers", with other people wondering the same as me, came second.

'Shape shifting': is a common theme in mythology and folklore as well as in science fiction and fantasy. In its broadest sense, it is when a being has the ability to alter its physical appearance. The transformation may be purposeful or not, depending on whether it has been the subject of a curse or spell. In some folklore, once the shape shifter has become transformed, it becomes progressively more difficult for it to return to its original form.'

*...I didn't shape shift in my dream...*

I closed the tab and moved on.

Shape shifters and skin walkers was in the next one, so I closed it, and went back to the search engine with the other sites that came up.

I scrolled down a bit and immediately opened up “WikiAnswers-Can humans turn into other animals”

*...Ugh, more skin walker stuff. I can't find shit!...I'm tired...what time is it? -Sighs- four forty-five.*

I was getting carried away now.

*...It was just a dream...I'm going to bed.*

I shut down my laptop by holding down the power button to shut it off faster. I closed the top, set it down, and collapsed onto my bed.

When the scary scene of my animal self popped up again, I pushed it away, blocked it, forced myself to think of other things, made my mind blank, and relaxed my mind and body; until I finally drifted off to a peaceful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, here's another chapter, I know it's not much, but I wanted to make a chapter like this, cuz naturally anyone would want to try and figure out what their dreams are trying to tell them. They say that dreams usually hold a meaning. Don't worry, the next ones longer. Comments?